Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

COMP ARF BRAKES / Air Leaks

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

COMP ARF BRAKES / Air Leaks

Old 01-15-2015, 05:37 PM
JustJets
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COMP ARF BRAKES / Air Leaks

Purchased a new full up Skygate Viper kit with all Options and have had nothing but issues with their brakes. The kit itself is great, landing gear and brakes are the recommended units for this kit.
Brakes leak like a siv, (see video). Initial contact with COMP ARF lead to them sending some O-rings, this slowed the leak to what you now see. Sent them into a US based COMP ARF dealer and still waiting for this to be resolved.

As near as I can tell, these brakes when they work, work well. However they are hit and miss and apparently have a quality control issue with that vendor.

Was hoping for a better report on this kit but I got a Lemon as far as brakes go!

Viedo to be added.

http://youtu.be/HKtkmFh-iDQ

Last edited by JustJets; 01-15-2015 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Vid Link
Old 01-16-2015, 01:51 AM
josecilurzo

I think this retract is AIRTECH ( great retract!!! ), contact ERWIN ( great guy ), http://www.airtech-germany.de/en_US
Erwin has an very fast customer service.

good luck

Jose
Old 01-16-2015, 01:56 AM
josecilurzo

in time : i broke our set on TOMAHAWK FUTURA, and, i call ERWIN, he sent the parts that i needed in 4 work days

amazing service

Jose
Old 01-16-2015, 06:53 AM
JustJets

Thanks for the info... However these are new and should be replaced or fixed under the COMP ARF warranty... This is Manley to alert people to the fact COMP ARF has been very slow to handle this issue, as I said these brakes are hit and miss. You have some good ones, but I have some that are not. Again at the price COMP ARF is asking, is reliability and quality too much to ask? Not sure if this service issue is due to US relations of our Reps or COMP ARF itself. Either way it will have an effect on the accessories that this company sells to me in the future. I have some brakes from BVM and Skymaster that both require some mods to fit on this strut. I would go with these if I could redo my purchase decisions.

Tell Flavio Hi for me... He and I flew the Viper Jet Five times and completed the set up on this plane... A+ on the kit itself, brakes are as I said a waste of money for me!

This Viper Jet only really needs brakes to hold short of the runway and taxi operations, unfortunately the air leak will only give it limited stopping power and two or three applications before the air supply is exhausted. As with any jet a sperate air systems is a must.

Last edited by JustJets; 01-16-2015 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Name removed
Old 01-16-2015, 08:24 AM
Len Todd

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Gave up fighting various Brake valves. Fell back to the U.P. 6. Caused a bit of rework. But, the brakes have not failed since, and I get at least 50 good stops on a medium sized tank of air.

Last edited by Len Todd; 01-20-2015 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:59 PM
stevekott

+1 on the UP-6. I think it's the best of all of them.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:22 PM
JustJets

The plane has been fitted with the UP6, the leak itself is coming from the wheel brakes. Not much anyone can do here except replace parts. looking at just going electrict and go fly...

Jose got it right... Way to go Brazil...

Link provided by Jose. http://www.airtech-germany.de/en_US

Last edited by JustJets; 01-16-2015 at 02:27 PM. Reason: link to elct system
Old 01-17-2015, 02:00 AM
josecilurzo

Hi Justjets, hope you have an good customer warranty by CARF ( i always bought from ANDY KANE, great support ).
I fly with Flavio, every weekend, great friend!!!!! and, BARF pilot!!
I will say hello for you today!!!!
have a great flights for you!!!

bst rgds
Jose
Old 01-25-2015, 08:38 PM
JustJets

Thanks have a great flying day...