Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JR 28x information

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JR 28x information

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 12:58 PM
markbrown65

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that will be my Sunday task.

thanks

Shepp
Old 07-11-2016, 05:35 PM
pilot tw

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

JR 28X new function:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Knxiq2WC4w
Old 07-11-2016, 07:12 PM
newshoundaussie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any more info on this?
Old 07-14-2016, 04:47 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

question ... i set up an alarm on the retract switch on my corsair . i set the alarm to let me know if the switch is out of the down position when i turn on the radio.. ok it works fine with one bad exception .. when i turn on the transmitter with the switch in the retracted position the alarm sounds which is what i want. the bad part is when i move the switch to the down position the gear cycles. up and then back down. any ideas?
Old 07-14-2016, 06:36 AM
egldriver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

May try a re bind. My A10 works fine with same setup
Old 07-14-2016, 07:07 AM
warbird_1

thanks driver, as long as i don't use the alarm sys. when i power up the trans then the receiver the only thing that happened's is the gear door servo glitches real quick and the gear servo stays put. if i turn on the alarm sys for the retract switch and power up the trans " the alarm goes off so i switch the gear lever to down position" and then the receiver , the gear cycles up then back down. i tried several bind configurations with no luck when using the alarm sys,ron
Old 07-14-2016, 07:36 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

Surely its there for before you turn the model on!? A kinda check switch alarm??
Old 07-14-2016, 08:20 AM
warbird_1

dave, what ever it is ,it's the transmitter doing it because i can watch it cycle in the servo monitor when it starts up after switch is set to the down position . i have tried setting the switch logic to " and " or " Both"
Old 07-14-2016, 08:36 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

Are you using the gear door sequencer?
Any servo speed set on gear?
Old 07-14-2016, 08:45 AM
warbird_1

yes and yes. it appears that even with the alarm setup.. the radio remembers what position the switch was in when powered on and see's that the switch was in the up position then it sees you changing it to down position thus cycles to repeat your actions
Old 07-14-2016, 10:39 AM
spike5150

Originally Posted by pilot tw
JR 28X new function:
Is this new hardware from JR? or did you build something yourselves? Looks interesting and is a logical place for a brake activation function.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:22 AM
pilot tw

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

the hardware made by Skymaster, but we still consider to release it or Not , because the hardware can not install to Futaba 18MZ,
Old 07-15-2016, 02:41 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by spike5150
Is this new hardware from JR? or did you build something yourselves? Looks interesting and is a logical place for a brake activation function.
The now defunct Weatronic BAT transmitters have this function (brakes on throttle). Its mechanical as far as the stick movement/stops/springs go and then just programed via throw limits and mixing to achieve throttle function on the upper 70% and brakes on the lower 30%.

I've got it on one of my jets and it takes a little getting used to, especially while taxing. I kept accidentally pulling brakes at low throttle and eventually changed it to brakes only on the lower 15% or so. It keeps them from coming on so easily if you pull into the brake range at low throttle.

Also, easy to forget you have brakes on throttle if you're used to them somewhere else. I brief my caller to remind me on final that brakes are on low throttle.

One of the guys in our club who had this set up decided he didn't like it after trying it and went back to the usual method.
Old 10-23-2016, 02:07 PM
warbird_1

i'm not looking to start any trouble or spread any unfounded rumors i just want to ask a simple question ... i friend of mine came up to me at a swap meet yesterday and asked me if i heard anything about JR leaving " at least" the U.S. market and shutting down . Now i certainly don't believe him at this point ,but i was wondering of anyone heard anything about that .. Also.. what is up with JR dropping like 6 of their receivers ??
Old 10-23-2016, 02:13 PM
pitstop000
My Feedback: (26)

They posted this on their site
http://www.jrpropo.co.jp/english/new...ts.php?no=3537

[h=2]Announcement (Official Post and private communication)[/h]August 28,2016

To all of our valued customers:
[HR][/HR]We are contacting you today to share information regarding the recent changes at JR Propo. While we are sure you have already heard some information either from JR Propo, or various posts and rumors,we feel it is important as our valued customer that you hear the correct information, directly from JR Propo.

We also realize that this communication should have been made sooner by us, but due to the many changes at JR, we are simply behind with this communication, and for that, we apologize.

Supply (logistics and production)
[HR][/HR]JR has made the decision to close our Japan factory at the end of July 2016, located in Matsusaka, and move production of these products to our more cost effective Sanei factory, located in Malaysia.

Sanei has proven for many years to produce high quality JR products at reasonable cost, and since current production was far from 100%, it makes good business sense for JR to move all Propo production to Sanei.

As for delivery of products, mainly for Japanese Domestic Market, JR is in the process of selecting an external logistics partner to handle shipment and delivery.

JR regrets that these changes, although necessary, might cause some delays and inventory shortages until the Sanei factory, and our external logistics service is fully up to speed and operational.

These transfers are scheduled to be completed by the end of September, barring any unforeseen problems or delays.

JR thanks its customers for your patience during this transition, and we apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause.

Development (Hobby and Industry)
[HR][/HR]With the decline of the Radio Control Hobby market World Wide, and the need for JR to grow and regain sales, JR must temporarily focus our main effort towards the multi-purpose industrial helicopter market.

While it is true that for now, JR must focus most of our efforts for new product development towards the industrial projects, this does not mean that JR is planning to leave the RC hobby market.

Since JR is not a large company, our engineering staff and resources are somewhat limited, so our current engineers must give their main efforts to the industrial project to be successful.

This of course means that there will be unfortunate delays in the development of new RC Hobby products, but we are sure that technologies learned during the industrial project will result in these technologies being applied to new JR RC Hobby products in the future.

Through our expansion to the Industrial RC Market, JR will gain not only a financial benefit to make our company stronger, but also the new technologies that will enable us to also become stronger in the RC Hobby business in the future.

Please know that JR will continue to produce and provide current RC Hobby items, and new product development will increase once the industrial project has been realized.

Please also know that JR Propo’s foundation has been for the RC Hobby business for more than 40 years now, and JR is still committed to the RC Hobby business for the future as well.

We do apologize to all of our loyal customers for temporary delays in supply and new product development, but we are confident that JR Propo will be much stronger and more capable company in the near future.

Best Regards:
Japan Remote Control Co.,Ltd.

Old 10-23-2016, 02:38 PM
warbird_1

yea , I read that when it came out
Old 10-23-2016, 09:21 PM
newshoundaussie

As a 28x owner my confidence in JR Propo providing any updates in the future has wained over the last year and this announcement just seemed to solidify that. The announcement sounded like corporate double speak to me when it came out in August. Never good when a company says they are going to focus on other areas. I was assured by JR America's that nothing was going to change when I contacted them a while back. I hope to be proven wrong. The radio is close to $4,000 with taxes in Canada so quite a large investment. All updates for the radio have ceased of late and the last one #6 was never announced or approved on JR America's website. It's been very hard to get any additional equipment for the radio in Canada as dealers do not stock inventory and most will not order from JR America's directly just Horizon Hobby. So any additional equipment has to be ordered from HH only or I order direct from the US. I am very happy with the radio, very solid feel and it has the nicest gimbals made. I sure hope your friend is wrong and it is just a bad rumour, but I will not be surprised if the worst happened.
"PS" I was told the dropping of some receivers was just streamlining the line. This seem to make sense to me.

Last edited by newshoundaussie; 10-24-2016 at 06:42 AM.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:57 AM
warbird_1

Originally Posted by newshoundaussie
As a 28x owner my confidence in JR Propo providing any updates in the future has wained over the last year and this announcement just seemed to solidify that. The announcement sounded like corporate double speak to me when it came out. Never good when a company says they are going to focus on other areas. I was assured by JR America's that nothing was going to change when I contacted them a while back. I hope to be proven wrong. The radio is close to $4,000 with taxes in Canada so quite a large investment. All updates for the radio have ceased of late and the last one #6 was never announced or approved on JR America's website. It's been very hard to get any additional equipment for the radio in Canada as dealers do not stock inventory and most will not order from JR America's directly just Horizon Hobby. So any additional equipment has to be ordered from HH only or I order direct from the US. I am very happy with the radio, very solid feel and it has the nicest gimbals made. I sure hope your friend is wrong and it is just a bad rumour, but I will not be surprised if the worst happened.
"PS" I was told the dropping of some receivers was just streamlining the line. This seem to make sense to me.
I have been a JR flyer for many years and like you ,I have always had the upmost confidence in JR equipment too. However, the actions of the past few years has also given me concerns. Shortly after I got one of the first radios "28x" I was having a lot of difficulty in adjusting to the new software. my frustration grew to anger as I tried to get help. I was even contacted by the owner of JRA's because of my negative comments on Facebook. i never could understand why they didn't insist on getting training for their tech guys before the radio was released . sorta like buy now figure it out on your own. they were passing me off to guys that did have anymore experience than I did and I had none. But all in all the 28 is the best radio ever made . I also have a XG8 that I use for a kick around for the smaller stuff . One good thing about their redirection is that even though they are focusing on the heli line, the heli guys still need radios if I'm understanding it right. so we'll see what happened. on a side note, I too was wondering why the updates stopped coming . was hoping to see an improved voice system written into the software update,WB_1
Old 10-24-2016, 06:41 AM
newshoundaussie

I have always been able to get questions answered very fast concerning the 28X and software by someone, be it JR rep. or tech. Just not a lot of info out on the web or on forums. The XBUS system works great, just a small learning curve. Lucky to have another owner close by who is a big help with programming questions and updates, as I only run Mac and unable to download updates which is a major beef.
I have the radio in three planes now one with the Axis gyro which preforms great so far. Next will be a jet running a Mercury powerbox and 2 receivers and another plane with the Axis and Xbus receiver this winter.
Not expecting to see any updates anytime soon after the announcement. JR Propo have dropped all plans for any new heli's, but will continue to support the existing heli line. They are going the commercial route.
Any negativity will most likely be removed from the JRA 28x facebook page, not a surprise as it breeds lower sales. I had one post removed. The 28X Facebook page is the main method for info, so I would hate to be removed as a friend.
Here's hoping we continue to have updates and backing for a great radio.

Last edited by newshoundaussie; 10-24-2016 at 07:19 AM.
Old 12-12-2016, 06:02 PM
jkjunior

Hi everyone,

I have an A-10 jet and I would like to know how I can have two throttles trim, one to right engine and one to left engine

Thanks

Joćo Karmo
Old 12-13-2016, 02:35 AM
warbird_1

i would use two channels .. throttle and an Aux channel , mix them together and assign the aux channel the throttle trim tab. my thoughts are .. if you learn one engine to each channel then both should be ok using one trim tab.or just simply assign the aux channel it's own trim tab . just a thought. i have never actually done it but i'm thinking in theory , it should work. also.. have you looked at the engine trim settings " i haven't" to see if there's anything in there ? i know my OLD 9303 had a multi engine area in the radio software . hope this helps.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:55 AM
jkjunior

I can set it for twin engines at the wing type menu but there are not a option to separate the trim. The radio sugest #1 and #14 channel for twin engines but does not offer different trim
Old 12-13-2016, 07:19 PM
jkjunior

I got success now. I had to disable the throttle trim at the trim system and create 2 new aux trim and attach to each engine
Old 12-22-2016, 08:43 PM
MattyMatt
My Feedback: (2)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by newshoundaussie
I have always been able to get questions answered very fast concerning the 28X and software by someone, be it JR rep. or tech. Just not a lot of info out on the web or on forums. The XBUS system works great, just a small learning curve. Lucky to have another owner close by who is a big help with programming questions and updates, as I only run Mac and unable to download updates which is a major beef.
I have the radio in three planes now one with the Axis gyro which preforms great so far. Next will be a jet running a Mercury powerbox and 2 receivers and another plane with the Axis and Xbus receiver this winter.
Not expecting to see any updates anytime soon after the announcement. JR Propo have dropped all plans for any new heli's, but will continue to support the existing heli line. They are going the commercial route.
Any negativity will most likely be removed from the JRA 28x facebook page, not a surprise as it breeds lower sales. I had one post removed. The 28X Facebook page is the main method for info, so I would hate to be removed as a friend.
Here's hoping we continue to have updates and backing for a great radio.
Hey, there's no reason you can't update the radio through your Mac... that's all I have as well and works fine. Just download the files and put them in the correct folder on the SD card per the instructions.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:40 PM
deadrobmusic
My Feedback: (4)

Anybody out there?

I have my timer set to turn on and off via the throttle stick. I have it set to give me periodic beeps as it counts down through the minutes.

Unfortunately it beeps every time I kill the throttle and then again when I advance the throttle up again.

Is there anyway around this so that I can here the timer countdown beeps but no the on off switch beeps? VERY Annoying.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.