Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

DX 18, Aux 5

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

DX 18, Aux 5

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 07:19 AM
bri6672
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ACE51
Ok, I'll bite, how do you set up your nose wheel steering on your jets? I have my nosewheel set up on its own channel, and I limited the travel, but now I can't turn around on my runway. Is there a way to get full nose wheel travel by means of a switch, or what would you recommend? Thanks!
Just use a dual rate or extra travel on the nose wheel with more expo.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:49 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Ok, I'll bite, how do you set up your nose wheel steering on your jets? I have my nosewheel set up on its own channel, and I limited the travel, but now I can't turn around on my runway. Is there a way to get full nose wheel travel by means of a switch, or what would you recommend? Thanks!
How did you set it up? Enabling dual rudder or by using a P-Mix?
Old 02-23-2015, 08:30 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I simply set up a mix of Rudder->Steering (Aux?) and enable it with the gear switch in the gear down position. If you use a regular as opposed to an origin mix, it will still be affected by the rudder dual rates / expo instead of raw stick input. I simply set the mix value to give me enough steering for taxing and find that suits me just fine for everything else too.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:35 AM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I put my nose wheel on its own channel, First in the main menu I go to channel assign, and in the second screen I assign my servo for the nose steering to the right trim tab, this allows dedicated trim for the steering servo to get the plane rolling straight. I then go into the mixing, and mix it with the rudder as master and nose as slave. You can reverse the servo, or just use positive or negative values in the mixing screen to get the steering going the correct way to match the rudder. at the bottom of the mixing screen there is a SW selection, I assign the mixing option switch to the gear switch so it will only turn when the gear is down, when it goes up the steering servo will stay in its neutral position, this will allow the nose gear to rotate (like on my F16), or go straight up (like on my ultra flash). in the mixing screen you can control the mix ratio up to 125% this will allow full movement of the nose gear servo. Also if you fly with triple rates as I do, when you activate those rates, the slave servo follows, so if you want low rudder rates the nose servo will also follow the rates position.

If you are still confused on how to do this feel free to contact me, I can walk you through it over the phone. Just shoot me a PM with your number and I will give you a call, if I don't get ahold of you Ill leave my number,
Ronnie

Last edited by raron455; 02-23-2015 at 08:37 AM.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:19 AM
ACE51
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow! Lots of good ideas and suggestions here, I currently have the rudder (think its AUX 4) assigned to the rudder stick in the "channel assign" field under setup. I think I'm going to up the travel for the nose wheel back up to 100%, then on my low rudder rates drop it way down with lots of expo, then use rudder high rates for taxiing. Thanks guys!