Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Sebart Mini Avanti w/ K45 build thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Sebart Mini Avanti w/ K45 build thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 07:02 AM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Scott,

Thanks for the info. Just what I was looking for!
Old 03-03-2020, 07:44 AM
kohersh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got mine all together after purchasing it used and going through it
Basic empty weight with the CM 1.3L tank is 8.8lb, not adjusted for CG correction although I can shift my ecu pack
Does anyone have the Xicoy CG measurements to verify against hasty eyeball measures? I can't find the thread here that I think Fenderbean started
I measured 450mm between the nose to mains, 25mm between mains and CG mark @145
mm

Last edited by kohersh; 03-03-2020 at 07:48 AM.
Old 03-03-2020, 08:22 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by kohersh
I just got mine all together after purchasing it used and going through it
Basic empty weight with the CM 1.3L tank is 8.8lb, not adjusted for CG correction although I can shift my ecu pack
Does anyone have the Xicoy CG measurements to verify against hasty eyeball measures? I can't find the thread here that I think Fenderbean started
I measured 450mm between the nose to mains, 25mm between mains and CG mark @145
mm
You stated Xicoy, did you mean the Engine CG like this?

Old 03-03-2020, 08:33 AM
kohersh

As awesome as that drawing is, I was referring to the xicoy CG scales
Disregard I found it but there were no measures on it.

Last edited by kohersh; 03-03-2020 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-03-2020, 01:04 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

As awesome as that drawing is, I was referring to the xicoy CG scales
Disregard I found it but there were no measures on it.
Oh... my bad, I wasn't even thinking of the CG fixture, I'm low tech, I like to hang em with my CG fixture...

Old 03-03-2020, 05:30 PM
kohersh

Low tech is good! Its how I balance the big boys. But if I'm gonna weigh her, I'm gonna exercise the scales anyhow.
my wings are a pain to remove now so it's too late for the hanging fixture. I used a dab of e6000 on the leading edge root/fuse joint. I do not love how flexy this thing is. no wonder the manual says be careful about blowing the fuse apart.

Hey what is the thread on the canopy screw, mine escaped!

Last edited by kohersh; 03-03-2020 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:42 AM
kohersh

Roadblock ahead: Kingtech.

Using the GSU to 'look' into the ECU, with 2S lipo powering the RX and the ECU I have no feedback from the motor or see any changes to throttle position.
When powered by a lower voltage pack, the 2s life for example, the screen flickers constantly, feedback is limited, throttle position shows changes, but I still can not get into the motor.
Waiting to hear back from Barry but it seems the maiden won't be tomorrow as planned
Old 03-04-2020, 07:51 AM
smcharg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 124 Likes on 83 Posts

I'm not sure the issue is the same but.....I had a problem with the "Wait Conn" error as well. The fix was actually in the cable to the turbine. I took it out on the turbine side and reseated the plug and everything was fine. While everything appeared tight and connected properly, apparently it wasn't happy with the connection. Doing this cleared up my errors. At least it's something simple to try. I can't imagine it's the 2S pack as that's how mine is powered as well.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:16 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

Do you have a 3S Life powering the turbine?
Old 03-04-2020, 08:21 AM
smcharg

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
Do you have a 3S Life powering the turbine?
I'm sure you're not asking me but, just in case, I have the 3S LiFe powering the ECU/Turbine and 2S running to the avionics. You bring up a good point, however, to make sure you have the 3S LiFe for the ECU as it's own supply.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:33 AM
kohersh

I've been through the cables, of which on this generation of turbine there are fewer than previous ones. It still could be this, but I do not have any other G3 cables to swap and try.
I do have the KT 3s Life pack to power the turbine, that drives the starter, unrelated to the operation of the ECU or GSU.

I've just tried a new setup separate from what I have in the model. a DX18, with a simple 6ch dsmx rx, the problem is consistent in the presence of the 2s lipo, and intermittent under 2s life. guess this one goes back
Old 03-04-2020, 10:38 AM
kohersh

Originally Posted by smcharg
I'm sure you're not asking me but, just in case, I have the 3S LiFe powering the ECU/Turbine and 2S running to the avionics. You bring up a good point, however, to make sure you have the 3S LiFe for the ECU as it's own supply.
that's interesting different than any setup I;ve ever run or seen before. So just for the sake of asking, do YOU split your 3S life 9.9 Turbine pack into your ECU on a JR/servo 3 pin plug" and also the Deans plug into the ECU? ie...you don't supply any RX power to your Kingtech pieces.

These G3's are new territory for me with fewer connections and wires, but the G1 and G2 the 9.9 pack was only for running the pump and starter motor. Everything else, including the ECU (and a GSU if present), was powered bye the bus voltage on the throttle port, wasn't it?
Thats why when learning the RC signal on a kingtech, you unplug the 3S or your motor would spool during stick up setpoint

Last edited by kohersh; 03-04-2020 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:47 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

Your motor doesnt spin during RC Learn
Old 03-04-2020, 10:54 AM
smcharg

that's interesting different than any setup I;ve ever run or seen before. So just for the sake of asking, do YOU split your 3S life 9.9 Turbine pack into your ECU on a JR/servo 3 pin plug" and also the Deans plug into the ECU? ie...you don't supply any RX power to your Kingtech pieces.

These G3's are new territory for me with fewer connections and wires, but the G1 and G2 the 9.9 pack was only for running the pump and starter motor. Everything else, including the ECU (and a GSU if present), was powered bye the bus voltage on the throttle port, wasn't it?
Thats why when learning the RC signal on a kingtech, you unplug the 3S or your motor would spool during stick up setpoint

Yes, the 3S LiFe powers anything KingTech. The 2S powers avionics (RX/Servos). Maybe this will help:

Old 03-04-2020, 11:09 AM
kohersh

Your motor doesn't spin during RC Learn
Not saying you are wrong, I have absolutely had them spool during learn RC, perhaps it was a G1, but ever since then, I have always disconnected out of habit.
Old 03-04-2020, 11:11 AM
kohersh

Yes, the 3S LiFe powers anything KingTech. The 2S powers avionics (RX/Servos).
so what I am saying is that the ECU/GSU operates on whatever the RX power. The higher voltage pack runs the pump and anything internal to the motor.
Old 03-04-2020, 11:26 AM
smcharg

My apologies. Maybe I'm not following what you're saying. The 2S is regulated to 7.2V and plugs into the RX. The ECU plugs into the RX via throttle channel. The GSU, turbine, and pump plug into the ECU along with the LiFe. I'm not saying what the 3S powers exactly as I actually thought it was the ECU, starter, and fuel pump and probably the GSU but, as the GSU turns on with RX power, I think I'm incorrect about that. I noticed on your video on the GSU, your Vr was 0.0 so nothing is coming from the RX at that point. I don't know if that's it or not. It sort of makes sense if the ECU doesn't sense the RX that you get the Wait Conn error though to me. Again, I'm no expert.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:09 PM
cmjets

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

Hi all, new Mini AvantiS 1.3L available again.

Last edited by cmjets; 03-04-2020 at 01:22 PM.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:35 PM
kohersh

M...the GSU turns on with RX power, I think I'm incorrect about that. I noticed on your video on the GSU, your Vr was 0.0 so nothing is coming from the RX at that point. I don't know if that's it or not. It sort of makes sense if the ECU doesn't sense the RX that you get the Wait Conn error though to me. Again, I'm no expert.
You are correct, the GSU turns on along with the ECU since they share whatever power you feed it from the RX. Also correct, I am missing most everything as far as feedback/telemetry (gsu telemetry readouts) and in addition to this, I am showing this crazy throttle @100% and can not make any adjustment to that whatsoever-despite the RX being able to modulate pw. basically the ECU has gone mad.

One my DX18/6ch setup I was able to get it to work 1 time, and even then it was incomplete with the readout info. On the very next power cycle, the communications failed. Nothing got unplugged, just a power cycle. This occurred on the 6.6V supply. at 7.4V it just flat out refuses to do anything besides stare back at me at 100%.

Its a dead horse at this point. Something internal, not related to my setup.
Old 03-04-2020, 06:18 PM
kohersh

Thumbs up

Your motor doesnt spin during RC Learn

Maybe the G3 ECU is 'smart' hope so, that would be cool. But this is from the G1/G2 manual and is how I remember it being.

Also- my problem is solved. took the ECU apart to find the magic smoke had gotten out through a hole in the PCB.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:24 AM
cmjets

Hello again, new and definitive brackets for Mini AvantiS 1.3L tank. Now the back bracket grip the plywood and make more easy the installation and fit the tank 2cm back.

Special thanks to Valerio Lorenzini for the idea.

I hope you like too.

thanks
Carlos
CMJETS.com

Old 03-10-2020, 03:31 PM
bushong572
My Feedback: (59)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone have a stock decal sheet they would part with?

Last edited by bushong572; 03-10-2020 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:31 AM
cmjets

Hello AvantiS lovers, like you know, the new version of MiniAvantiS tanks is in full production, there are tanks in stock for send immediately to the customers.
You only need choose barb or Fest fittings. All barb tanks will be served with 90 degrees vent and normally in Festo fittings too.

The combination with my UAT 100ml available for both versions.

Best Regards from Spain.
Carlos

Old 04-18-2020, 03:14 PM
mnourse26

Hi guys. Great information. I have my jet ordered as was debating weather to go electric or turbine..... I now have my king-tech g45g3. Has any one used the jp 60mm wheels and breaks? just trying to see what size i can make fit with out modding the fuselage. Thanks for any help in advance
Old 04-18-2020, 03:29 PM
Aussie1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mnourse26
Hi guys. Great information. I have my jet ordered as was debating weather to go electric or turbine..... I now have my king-tech g45g3. Has any one used the jp 60mm wheels and breaks? just trying to see what size i can make fit with out modding the fuselage. Thanks for any help in advance
I have a set of those wheels and brakes and they will fit the Avanti, with at the most a little bit of drum sanding required. I don't use them on this jet because brakes are not required over here and the X45 idle thrust is only .5lb, so it will stop easily on a sealed runway. Regarding what power source go for the turbine, twice the flying time and much more fun!! I have a video on here showing my setup, and as many others have discovered, it is a very nice combination.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.