Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skymaster A4 nose leg extension

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster A4 nose leg extension

Old 06-02-2015, 06:02 PM
kiwijet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skymaster A4 nose leg extension

Hi guys,

Looking for advice hopefully from someone who has the SM A4 and understands the Likai noseleg extension system.

My aircraft has the independant hydraulic accumulator for the noseleg and would like to know the recommended charge pressure for the accumulator as SM's site doesn't describe the A4 accumulator operation.

Currently the leg goes to full extension (off load) when retract air pressure is applied however when the aircraft is sat on the front wheel the strut compresses approx 25-35mm thereby reducing the AofA in the Take-off position.

Anyone know how to keep the leg at full extension when selected? I'm guessing maybe higher pressure on the charge side of the accumulator but would rather seek advice from someone that knows exactly.

Thanks in advance...