Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet Legend F22 neutral elevator setting?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet Legend F22 neutral elevator setting?

Old 11-09-2015, 03:56 PM
Jonboy2
My Feedback: (62)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet Legend F22 neutral elevator setting?

Hello Gents,
Question for those of you out there that have owned or flown the JL F22. I just finished mine up and getting it ready for maiden. I have read several threads that have indicated that the elevator neutral should be set at 10mm up trim for straight and level flight. Just wondering if this is correct? My CG is set at 210mm. I would prefer to not have any major pitch surprises on the maiden if at all possible. Thanks for your help. Jon

Last edited by Jonboy2; 11-09-2015 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 11-09-2015, 04:43 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonboy2 View Post
Hello Gents,
Question for those of you out there that have owned or flown the JL F22. I just finished mine up and getting it ready for maiden. I have read several threads that have indicated that the elevator neutral should be set at 10mm up trim for straight and level flight. Just wondering if this is correct? My CG is set at 210mm. I would prefer to not have any major pitch surprises on the maiden if at all possible. Thanks for your help. Jon
Barry Hou (from KingTech) has had a couple of these and been very successful, he should be able to help you out if he sees this. If not, try sending him a PM.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:14 AM
Tuggs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI Jon,

It is true that some uptrim is required for level flight. I have a cg of 210 on mine as well and the elevators are level 3mm above the fuselage seam line.

Hope that helps.

regards

T
Old 11-10-2015, 09:29 AM
Rider-60
My Feedback: (17)

Hello Jon,

I have 10mm up as well with the cg set at 185mm, gear down / empty tanks.
I find it very pitch sensitive at 210. You can fly it at 210 with reduced throw or with a gyro.

Good luck with the maiden, it is one of the best airframe available

regards
Florent
Old 11-10-2015, 04:18 PM
never-enuff
My Feedback: (11)

Yes what George said. I went off of everything Barry told me and flies beautiful!
Old 11-14-2015, 09:18 AM
Jonboy2
My Feedback: (62)

Hey Guys,
I really appreciate your input and suggestions. I am really looking forward to flying this bird. Jon