Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti DS-24

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti DS-24

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 04:50 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In the videos i keep hearing about PPM ? isn't that the old FM protocal? forgive me i'm a jeti newbie
Old 04-24-2018, 05:41 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by warbird_1
In the videos i keep hearing about PPM ? isn't that the old FM protocal? forgive me i'm a jeti newbie
PPM is one of the protocol that they provide(EXbus,UDI, PPM, SBUS).....yes it’s old but some stuff like quad’s (older board) only Work with PPM, and I’m currently using PPM from a R3 into a R7 Assit that’s connected to a CB200 via Exbus (this is a dual path setup) In 2 of my Jets.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:14 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

What protocol does jeti use . i know's 2.4 SS but is it the same as spektrum? DMSS? i don't find any info on the system
I think warbird is asking if it is spread spectrum/freq hopping/freq lock, etc...?

Jeti uses frequency hoping. And they call it duplex. “EX bus” is what Jeti calls the radio wave that is frequency hoping!
Old 04-24-2018, 07:27 AM
warbird_1

Originally Posted by ravill
I think warbird is asking if it is spread spectrum/freq hopping/freq lock, etc...?

Jeti uses frequency hoping. And they call it duplex. “EX bus” is what Jeti calls the radio wave that is frequency hoping!
yes i was. i'd like to see the wave chart . I know DMSS was a very robust protocol At the peaks the the wave flattened out thus a better lock than skektrums sharp peaks. if that makes sense .
Old 04-24-2018, 07:43 AM
F1 Rocket

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

JR DMSS, Jeti, and a few other systems share the same basic wireless protocol. The data sent is unique to each brand.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:56 AM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

https://www.rc-thoughts.com/2015/12/analyzing-jeti-ex-bus-and-spirit-fbl/

More on packets than what you are asking for, and firmware updates seem to be addressing their concerns..
Old 04-24-2018, 09:50 AM
ravill

Goose and F1Rocket!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!

I have never set up flaps easier than I just did with your suggestion.

Smooth as silk and I couldn’t be any happier! I’m tickled orange pocka dots it was so easy to set everything up!!

And using function control for the slats was just as easy. You guys killed it.

*#Slowclap
Old 04-24-2018, 11:13 AM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

What protocol does jeti use . i know's 2.4 SS but is it the same as spektrum? DMSS? i don't find any info on the system
Yes it's form of DMSS
Wide Band Spread Spectrum Frequency Hopping

Zb/Jeti USA

Last edited by ZB; 04-24-2018 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:20 AM
warbird_1

Originally Posted by ZB
Yes it's form of DMSS
Wide Band Spread Spectrum Frequency Hopping

Zb/Jeti USA
that's very good news. despite JR being a former competitor no one can deny DMSS is one of the best,most robust protocol's on the market.to jeti's credit, thay take it to the next level with the 900mhz system as well.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:29 PM
F1 Rocket

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

Goose and F1Rocket!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!

Smooth as silk and I couldn’t be any happier! I’m tickled orange pocka dots it was so easy to set everything up!!

*#Slowclap
Happy to be able to help.
The system is so flexible and there are so many ways to do things it can be a bit of a challenge at first. But once you begin to grasp the basics you will actually have fun setting up your airplane

FYI, another way to operate the slats would be to setup a 4 flap wing in Basic Properties. Then use 2 of the 4 “flaps” to control the slats. These can now be set independently in the Butterfly menu.

Last edited by F1 Rocket; 04-24-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:34 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Goose and F1Rocket!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!

*#Slowclap
Glad to hear you are using flight modes.... One of the beauties of the system..

David
Old 04-26-2018, 07:22 AM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper1GJ
I have successfully installed the Jeti Mspeed sensor on my 1/5 F-16. It works great and when selected on my DS-24 it gives me speed callouts to help make consistent approaches. My desire is just to have the speed number called. I achieved this by removing the "speed" and "mph" voice files from the Voice folder.

However, the Mspeed call out is made with a "point" for the decimal. So 85.5 mph is called out as "eighty five point five". I do not want or need the decimal call. Is there any way to remove the "point five" and just get the call with whole numbers?
I can not find any menu choice to tailor the Speed calls. Some on suggested a LUA app but I have no clue how that works.

Has anyone any idea how to make the speed call outs just whole numbers?
Thanks, Gary
I did it different way, I have Alarm assigned to the speed. An example if I hit 20mph system says 20mph, 25 -25....
With constant telemetry talking it gets very confusing very fast.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 04-26-2018, 08:51 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

[QUOTE=Viper1GJ;12425411
Has anyone any idea how to make the speed call outs just whole numbers?
Thanks, Gary

[/QUOTE]

I would love to be able to do this as well. I use constant velocity calls out to gauge my speed at base and final approach, resulting in good landings.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:09 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Screw the speed call outs all together and turn them off completely. Use the vario function in the transmitter instead. You can assign any sensor you like to the Vario function, not just altitude for sailplanes.This allows you to define an approach speed range and the Vario will remain completely silent if you are at an ideal approach speed, a rising tone if you're too fast and a falling tone if you're too slow. Much simpler and way less distracting than listening to your transmitter jabbering air speeds at you constantly.

Last edited by wfield0455; 04-26-2018 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:15 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yes i was. i'd like to see the wave chart . I know DMSS was a very robust protocol At the peaks the the wave flattened out thus a better lock than skektrums sharp peaks. if that makes sense .
No actually, that makes no sense.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:33 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Screw the speed call outs all together and turn them off completely. Use the vario function in the transmitter instead. You can assign any sensor you like to the Vario function, not just altitude for sailplanes.This allows you to define an approach speed range and the Vario will remain completely silent if you are at an ideal approach speed, a rising tone if you're too fast and a falling tone if you're too slow. Much simpler and way less distracting than listening to your transmitter jabbering air speeds at you constantly.
Wayne, I tried this once, but could not get used to the tones. My actual ideal speed will vary depending if I'm in base or final, so will have to figure out how to deal with that. May try that one more time.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:44 PM
Don Perry
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I set mine up as a stick shaker on the throttle. only active when gear is down and full flaps. I have it 10 mph above stall (did this several times with voice call out to find where that point is) and works much better than voice speed call outs, as it was too distracting especially when flying with others. Now my approach speeds are much more consistent.

Don
Old 04-26-2018, 03:51 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by ZB
I did it different way, I have Alarm assigned to the speed. An example if I hit 20mph system says 20mph, 25 -25....
With constant telemetry talking it gets very confusing very fast.

Zb/Jeti USA
Zb, This is where Im going with the Mspeed. I just tried it out last weekend and got 8 more flights on the F-16. I got a pretty good idea of the speed I need in the final turn and on final and got my eyes calibrated with it. A couple of more times and I plan to assign an alarm for too slow and too fast and turn off the constant numbers. Just listening to the callouts made my approaches and landings more consistent and I did not get too slow like I did a couple of times the first time out before installing the Mspeed.
Thanks, Gary

Last edited by Viper1GJ; 04-26-2018 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:55 AM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by wfield0455
screw the speed call outs all together and turn them off completely. Use the vario function in the transmitter instead. You can assign any sensor you like to the vario function, not just altitude for sailplanes.this allows you to define an approach speed range and the vario will remain completely silent if you are at an ideal approach speed, a rising tone if you're too fast and a falling tone if you're too slow. Much simpler and way less distracting than listening to your transmitter jabbering air speeds at you constantly.
outstanding!!
Old 04-27-2018, 10:57 AM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by Edgar Perez
Wayne, I tried this once, but could not get used to the tones. My actual ideal speed will vary depending if I'm in base or final, so will have to figure out how to deal with that. May try that one more time.
I plan to tie it to full flaps only, which I put out just before the final turn
Old 04-27-2018, 11:51 AM
Dansy

Setting up a KingTech smoke pump for the first time.....can seem to get it to work, when I plug the battery she goes full bore, tried a switch, slider and tried a mix...nothing seem to control the embedded ESC......anybody care to help me with this?
Old 04-27-2018, 04:47 PM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by Dansy
Setting up a KingTech smoke pump for the first time.....can seem to get it to work, when I plug the battery she goes full bore, tried a switch, slider and tried a mix...nothing seem to control the embedded ESC......anybody care to help me with this?

1. Set ATv to 80%, Make sure you check the servo monitor to see if its controlling the output on the Jeti channel.
2. Maybe try reversing the servo lead.. I think the ground on the servo lead is to the right as you look at the back, but Im not sure.
3. No more than a 2 cell Lipo on the power.. Dont use the Kingtech turbine battery to power the smoke pump..

If that doesnt work, take it out and try a servo driver to get it working.. it should be a variable speed

What I did on mine is tap off the multiplex wire on the central box, so my receiver batt feeds it..

Last edited by gooseF22; 04-27-2018 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:27 PM
Dansy

Originally Posted by gooseF22
1. Set ATv to 80%, Make sure you check the servo monitor to see if its controlling the output on the Jeti channel.
2. Maybe try reversing the servo lead.. I think the ground on the servo lead is to the right as you look at the back, but Im not sure.
3. No more than a 2 cell Lipo on the power.. Dont use the Kingtech turbine battery to power the smoke pump..

If that doesnt work, take it out and try a servo driver to get it working.. it should be a variable speed

What I did on mine is tap off the multiplex wire on the central box, so my receiver batt feeds it..
Thanks will try all this tomorrow........
Old 04-28-2018, 08:53 AM
ravill

Another newb question regarding range checking, I know I can put the tx into a "range check" mode, but do I look at my Q values, A values too, or is making sure that I have control most important? As important? Less important?
Old 04-28-2018, 10:02 AM
warbird_1

i just received my first CB200 with the magnetic switch and i was wondering if anyone can tell how you mounted yours? it looks like you can pop the top portion / cover off and mount the switch portion under or behind either a board or on the backside of the fuse,drill the two holes out and mount the cover on the top side of a board or on the outside of the fuse. or does it not come apart ? thank WB_1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.