Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Global Jet Club

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Global Jet Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 05:52 AM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Global Jet Club

Global Jet Club
I want to tell you guys about my experience with Global jet Club. I ordered a Ripmax Xcaliber Plus with gear a few weeks ago. When I received it I discovered that it had a damaged canopy and was missing a few parts. I emailed Global and was told that another complete kit would be sent out and a return tag would be sent after I received the new kit and inspected it. With in three days a new kit was sent and I received it 6 days after the e-mail was sent to Global. This is customer service at its best. I will buy my next jet from Global and support them anyway I can. Thanks Jose and Mike George Powers

Last edited by aquaskiman; 12-26-2015 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-26-2015, 06:48 PM
Sparhawk

Kinda curious. If they had inventoried the original kit before sending it out in the first place, that would have been my definition of great service.... Nothing against GJC, but I think you have it backwards... unless you're saying the parts went MIA between GJC and you?

Last edited by Sparhawk; 12-26-2015 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12-26-2015, 07:04 PM
bri6672
My Feedback: (6)

Mike is a standup guy with great customer service! If you have ever received one of these jets from the factory it is impossible to unpack, inventory, repack and ship! I received 2 Skymaster jets this year and one had all the parts and the other was missing a few... After I unpacked each model there was no way I would have been able to get them back in the box the way they came! Shopping out a replacement is about as good as it gets in the over seas model jet industry...
Old 12-27-2015, 12:40 AM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

Originally Posted by Sparhawk
Kinda curious. If they had inventoried the original kit before sending it out in the first place, that would have been my definition of great service.... Nothing against GJC, but I think you have it backwards... unless you're saying the parts went MIA between GJC and you?
Sparhawk How many times have you had a part missing in a model kit??? Not just a jet. It is hell trying to get replacement parts for a new kit. I think YOU have it backwards and don't know the meaning of good customer service. Any company can seem good, tell a problem shows up and then it is how they deal with it that makes a company great.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:51 AM
Sparhawk

Hi guys, let me be clear. As I said, I'm not bashing GJC. They did what any good company should in your case, and yes, it was good customer service. What gets me is that these kits,should all be inspected before they get sent out. Not just GJC, but the other suppliers as well. Personally, I don't think it should be all that difficult to unpack, verify, and repack. If you think about the aggravation and money saved, wouldn't that be worth it?

Maybe I'm going about this wrong. Perhaps we could have the companies, suppliers, dealers, etc, weigh in (HK excluded) and see how many actually inspect their product before sending them out? I'd be curious to know...
My last Skymaster jet came direct and was complete, fortunately. Wouldn't it have been a surprise if I had opened the box and saw a "check off" sheet?
Old 12-30-2015, 10:53 AM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi "Sparhawk"

Thank you for raising the questions of QC control. We do in fact have our own employees in China to do factory inspections, and product inspection before they are shipped out. In George's case, his order had 2 problems,

1. shipping damage caused by domestic shipper from our California warehouse to his address.

2. Missing landing gear strut or retract set ( I don't remember the exact details) - this was caused by our California warehouse workers who didn't go through a check list to put 1. Jet kit, 2. Retract set, 3, struts sets together in one shipment. Nothing to do with the factory missing parts. I guess it's the holiday syndrome kicking in.

Due to the shipping damage, it's better that we just ship him a complete new set and issue a RMA for a return.

George, - we received the returned jet in good order. The shipping box looks very beaten. Fortunately, they didn't drive a forklift through it like they did on my L39 shipment. Thank you for your compliment on our service. I know how frustrated it can be dealing with shipping issues. The big box seems to be a good target for shippers' anger management.

Happy Holidays

Mike
Old 12-30-2015, 11:14 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Mike is one of the coolest dudes you'll meet. A great spokesman/dealer to work with.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:57 AM
757Driver
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All good experiences here as well. Great company.
Old 12-31-2015, 04:22 AM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Never dealt with GJC,, but reading how he just took ownership of correcting the issues immediately, I wouldnt hesitate to deal with them.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:25 AM
stevekott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had many great experiences with GJC, Mike and Jose. My last transaction was for a Skymaster Mig-29.

A great company and good people. Highly Recommended.

SteveK
Old 01-01-2016, 09:29 AM
flyinfool1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I would never expect or want a dealer to unpack a kit to inspect it before shipping.

When you go to the electronics store for a new TV do you expect that store to have taken it out of the box and played with it before they give it to you?