Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JMP new valves and pneumatics designs

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JMP new valves and pneumatics designs

Old 03-10-2016, 07:18 AM
olnico

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default JMP new valves and pneumatics designs

Dear all.

This is an article on the new designs that Tom Cook will be releasing to the market very soon.

Tom and I have been communicating a lot about High Flow products both for fuel and pneumatics.
The consensus is that all these systems work on the principle of the "weak chain link". The sum of the components is only as good as the weakest link.

This is the reason why Tom and I are working on coherent high quality systems for pneumatics, fuel and flight controls. Every component in the system is carefully designed to offer the flow/ strength required for the job and nothing is left behind. The components materials are chosen to to offer an optimized function and reliability at the best price. We call this the "Hiflow" series.

The first product is an integrated pneumatic panel, which is an evolution of the JMP fill panel.
Tom took the previous components and further pushed the design to integrate it to a completely new system.

http://www.ultimate-jets.net/product...neumatic-panel

This design is unique in many aspects:
1. It utilizes high grade aluminum, CNC machined to tight tolerances.
2. Every aluminum component is hard anodized in a stunning blue scheme.
3. The panel is laser engraved and white etched
4. The tolerance and quality of components used for the internals make the design super long lasting and virtually leak free.
5. The panel can be specified to use 1/8" tubes or 4 mm tubes and features locknut fittings.

6. The comprehensive high flow design is following our philosophy of coherent hardware that we have started with the Ultra High Flow fuel accessories and Ultra High Tensile strength hardware. Every line of accessory offers a coherent gauge to work with each other. Thus all the accessories can be chosen with 1/8" or 4 mm fittings to match of top-of-the-line air tubing.
7. A very clever back mount is designed to be glued behind the tray ( and is tapped for the panel ) and can be used as a template to cut it prior to gluing.

Having the system ID at the same dimension everywhere is ultimately important for high flow systems. For example, having pneumatic tanks with 3 mm fittings on a 4 mm high flow system is useless. But furthermore, all the electronic valves on the market have very small ports, completely destroying the high flow effect by emulating a restrictor right at the valve!
To my knowledge, Tom Cook is the only one on the market who got it right and offers a complete line of 4 mm enabled tanks, valves, fill panels.
Furthermore, the panel can be specified with mixed tube fittings. For example this panel below uses a set of 4 mm fittings for the gear ( aluminum locknut ) and 1/8" fittings for the brakes and doors ( blue locknuts ).

The heart of the new fill panel is the valve/ gauge body. This complex piece of engineering is CNC machined from an aluminum billet to very tight tolerances. It includes posts that hold the panel itself centered relative to the fill gages and fill ports. The ports can accept the JMP tapered fill extension or 10-32 threaded extensions.

The other great products that will allow you to work with a true high flow system at 4 mm ID all the way through are:
The new pneumatic tanks, from small ( 240 ml ) to Extra Large ( 1000 ml ! ) offering 1/8" and 4 mm locknut fittings.

http://www.ultimate-jets.net/collect...d-fill-adaptor

True High flow 4 mm port pneumatic valves:

The spool design of these valves offers a true high flow port and the body can be configured with 4 mm fittings. A new generation of valves will be available very soon with completely unique features.

We also offer the highest quality USA made pneumatic tubes in 1/8" and 4 mm ID:
http://www.ultimate-jets.net/collect...pneumatic-line

We are offering the complete JMP high flow line to the market in cooperation with Tom Cook as a Premiere for the USA market through Ultimate Jets, Houston. Our line of "hiflow" series components can be found here:
http://www.ultimate-jets.net/collect...matic-hardware

We also offer these accessories to the rest of the World through Ultimate Aerospace, our Dubai based shipping hub.

We have extremely competitive preferential rates with Fedex to ship Worldwide from there and hold the complete Ultimate Jets line of accessories there:
www.ultimate-aerospace.com

Last edited by olnico; 03-10-2016 at 07:28 AM.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:56 AM
FenderBean

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Love JMP stuff I just cant afford it, I have the hi-flow two-way valve and air tank on my rebel pro and its almost dangerous. You really have to watch your fingers when auctioning the gear. I wish I could get my SM f-14 landing gear with 4mm fittings I would put one of these on it in a heart beats.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:52 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

here's a development idea......market needs an EV-5 equivalent for high flow applications!!! a one stop solution for high flow supply and valve sequencing, with either serviceable or replaceable valves (plug n play). It should feature gear, door, brakes, fail safe, and a serviceable water trap. And support multiple gear door positions. Would also like independent power supply.

Would also be super neat to have an option to attach unique air supply for each valve.

Buying all this equipment separately costs about $600-$800, not to mention the complexity. So there's the initial market value for such a product.
Your initial target market: EVERY LARGE SCALE MODEL OPERATOR TIRED OF SEPARATE SERVOS, SEQUENCERS, CABLES, ETC.....

And yes, make it dangerously efficient (in Keith's words!)

David
Old 03-10-2016, 09:54 AM
FalconWings

I mean, models are not getting smaller.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:36 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by FalconWings View Post
here's a development idea......market needs an EV-5 equivalent for high flow applications!!! a one stop solution for high flow supply and valve sequencing, with either serviceable or replaceable valves (plug n play). It should feature gear, door, brakes, fail safe, and a serviceable water trap. And support multiple gear door positions. Would also like independent power supply.

Would also be super neat to have an option to attach unique air supply for each valve.

Buying all this equipment separately costs about $600-$800, not to mention the complexity. So there's the initial market value for such a product.
Your initial target market: EVERY LARGE SCALE MODEL OPERATOR TIRED OF SEPARATE SERVOS, SEQUENCERS, CABLES, ETC.....

And yes, make it dangerously efficient (in Keith's words!)

David
Noted.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:10 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Tom Cook and Oli. Now that is an unbeatable combo!
Old 03-10-2016, 11:40 AM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Tom Cook /JMP have the best products and products that work!
Old 03-10-2016, 04:39 PM
luge_racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All very cool things.

One thing I would like to see would be a single line manifold where I could hook up a tank or two and a small bank of valves. My latest project has five valves and three tanks; the mess of t-fittings is atrocious. It seems like it would be simple enough to machine; I'm surprised I can't find one already.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:50 PM
FalconWings

Originally Posted by luge_racer View Post
All very cool things.

One thing I would like to see would be a single line manifold where I could hook up a tank or two and a small bank of valves. My latest project has five valves and three tanks; the mess of t-fittings is atrocious. It seems like it would be simple enough to machine; I'm surprised I can't find one already.
no need for all that if the concept I suggested is developed! :-)
Old 03-11-2016, 01:33 AM
olnico

Here is the new dual spool proportional brake/ control valve.

http://www.ultimate-jets.net/collect...ol-servo-valve

One side of the valve features a newly developed dual spool progressive brake valve. This valve allows for progressive brake pressure application. As the servo arm pushes the servo arm forward, the brake pressure increases.

The brass fitting on the top is the regulated brake pressure exit. The brass fitting at the bottom is the supply port.

The small hole is pressure release vent. The regulation is extremely linear and smooth. A must have for scale planes requiring very realistic taxi operations!

The other side is featuring the super high quality valve that has been acclaimed Worldwide for many years for its reliability and smoothness.
The ports offer locknut fitting and are color coded: gold/ aluminum for 4 mm and silver/ blue for 1/8".
The control valve is a true 4 mm High Flow design. The spool clearance allows for full flow transfer from a 4 mm port...

Old 03-11-2016, 02:09 AM
olnico

Note that I will be attending Top Gun next month together with Barry Raborn and demonstrating all the new JMP products as well as our new accessories at the field.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:07 AM
IFLYBVM2
My Feedback: (359)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think Jet Model P. already offers a manifold
? Or at least they did at one time .
Old 03-11-2016, 09:45 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Will you sell just the plastic no flex gromets?
Old 03-11-2016, 10:03 AM
luge_racer

Originally Posted by IFLYBVM2 View Post
I think Jet Model P. already offers a manifold
? Or at least they did at one time .
The only ones I found are 4 line units for after the retract and brake valves and are far more than what i need. I would like a simpler, single line, manifold with something like 5-7 ports for distributing air to the valves themselves.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:39 PM
olnico

Originally Posted by Alkaline View Post
Will you sell just the plastic no flex gromets?
What do you mean?
Old 03-16-2016, 10:03 PM
olnico

Here are a few pictures of the single brake valve and triple brake + gear + doors valve.

We will offer a specific service on this product. We will stock the valve body only and offer to our customers the fitting choice on gear and door valves: 1/8" or 4 mm.

http://www.ultimate-jets.net/collect...ol-servo-valve
Old 03-17-2016, 05:58 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It would be nice if the landing gear mfg companies would supply the gear with 4mm fittings factory installed. It's very easy to reduce back down to 1/8" air line if 4mm is not needed.
Vin...
Old 03-17-2016, 06:29 AM
FenderBean

Oli what kind of torque do u need to fully action the brake valve.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:10 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by FenderBean View Post
Oli what kind of torque do u need to fully action the brake valve.
About 150 oz.in.
A JR 8411 would work in most cases, however a 8711 is recommended for the task.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:13 AM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by olnico View Post
About 150 oz.in.
A JR 8411 would work in most cases, however a 8711 is recommended for the task.
Okay thanks, I normally use a UP-6 valve which requires about 60 oz.in. Thanks for the info, Cheers!
Old 03-18-2016, 06:34 AM
olnico

Tom Cook advised me that the torque required is more around 100 oz.in and the recommendatin for a 8711 is still valid.