Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

skymaster X-Treme f16 1/6. 75 landing gear

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

skymaster X-Treme f16 1/6. 75 landing gear

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 11:21 AM
arifai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation skymaster X-Treme f16 1/6. 75 landing gear

I want to buy a set of retract air cylinders only , because I have a problem with my f 16 1/6.75 Lg.
I contacted SKYMASTER but waiting . is there any alternative for this gear cylinders .
please advice me .
Old 05-10-2016, 04:43 AM
arifai

after contact with Anton and John from S M , today I got an e-mail from John that they are going to send me new set of cylinders free no charges ,
so this is good and fast service from SM
Old 05-10-2016, 05:59 AM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by arifai
after contact with Anton and John from S M , today I got an e-mail from John that they are going to send me new set of cylinders free no charges ,
so this is good and fast service from SM
Arifai,

Let us know how that works out. With the exception of the air cylinder problems, how are the gear overall and the whole kit... Flying/freindly etc... and quality.

Dan
Old 05-11-2016, 07:14 AM
SMBJets

A friend had this kit. Issue with the front retract which kept breaking the trunnion, you'll notice it all rotates around a 6mm key steel shaft which creates a weak point in the trunnion. Also reinforce the centre wing attachment within the fuselage, I saw a wing come off one of these a few years ago from straight & level flight.
other than that, the kit flies really well on a 100 size turbine, light and sporty.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:28 PM
Ash Creek Flier.

Originally Posted by arifai
I want to buy a set of retract air cylinders only , because I have a problem with my f 16 1/6.75 Lg.
I contacted SKYMASTER but waiting . is there any alternative for this gear cylinders .
please advice me .
Every time I move on to the next step of the build I find a new problem?But any way after installing my jet tronic valves and testing the landing gear my air cylinders are also not working.They rotate down but they will not cycle all the way up.Some reason the piston has blow by in that direction and it just leaks all the air out of my tanks.This is the g2 version.Im about ready to junk the build and post all the issues and start something how they scewed me out of 3500 dallars?Not uncluding all the funds spent on parts to complete this project.Thats a lot of freaking money to just give away?
Old 01-02-2017, 09:05 PM
arifai

hi,
your problem description exactly same mine , even after fixing the new cylinders , but mine was G1 Landing gear ,
actually I am surprised bout the same for G 2 .
I sold my jet and I was going to buy the new one with improved material and G2 lg but now I have to make more search about that . thank you for your feedback .
Old 01-03-2017, 12:53 AM
Ash Creek Flier.

The landing gear is good just the cylinders I may take them apart or just go with electric.Honestly im really considering another jet this has been a real expensive head ache for me no joy at all with this purchase