Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2020, 04:49 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by ledd4u
I have the air system for retracts. Just saw a JP electric set for under $400! JP system but I don’t see to much information on the use of these. Are they not as good as the electrons?
‘First, you do see plenty of info on the JP electric in this tread if you purchased the T-1 from pacific and select electric retract it will be the JP retracts.

That’s what I had on my T-1 and I now have the Electron to install....that should be happening shortly......and no way the JP will ever be as good as the electron, they are not terrible, but doesn't compare to the Electron....as far as controller and brakes.
Old 02-02-2020, 08:44 AM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks. A friend has a Futura and that has the electron units. Seems perfect and appropriate to buy those. Dreamworks RC hopefully will have them in stock. I just don’t want to mess around with all the air stuff.
Old 02-02-2020, 08:48 AM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

Just get them from Electron USA....
Old 02-02-2020, 09:03 AM
swk550
My Feedback: (76)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Electron retracts

Originally Posted by AEROSHELDON
Just get them from Electron USA....
I plan to get a set for my FB L-39, 2.5m. Greg Alderman is the USA rep at [email protected]

Last edited by swk550; 02-02-2020 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-02-2020, 10:29 AM
Dansy

Thanks. A friend has a Futura and that has the electron units. Seems perfect and appropriate to buy those. Dreamworks RC hopefully will have them in stock. I just don’t want to mess around with all the air stuff.
Jag RC . Com they are electron USA, they are on leave at the moment for a few days....
Old 02-03-2020, 12:21 PM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

I don't think Dreamworks sells Electron retracts anymore, they only have a couple of trunnions left over. Greg Alderman is good source in the US, but I've ordered lots of stuff direct from Electron and I'm always surprised at how quickly I get it (usually in about 1 week). -Tom

Last edited by Tip22v; 02-03-2020 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-04-2020, 05:17 AM
winter1

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi guys, more accessories for my T1. There are only a few things left. The main thing that is missing is T1. ***winter***

Old 02-04-2020, 05:20 AM
Dansy

Look good.....
Old 02-04-2020, 05:21 AM
clavin
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where did you get the 220?
Old 02-04-2020, 05:31 AM
winter1

[QUOTE = klavin; 12580951] Kde jste získali 220? [/ QUOTE]
In the Czech Republic. It was delivered today. I think Espritmodel in the US has them already in stock. ***winter***
Old 02-04-2020, 12:21 PM
Dansy

Originally Posted by winter1
[QUOTE = klavin; 12580951] Kde jste získali 220? [/ QUOTE]
In the Czech Republic. It was delivered today. I think Espritmodel in the US has them already in stock. ***winter***
Apparently they don’t have them yet.....
Old 02-04-2020, 01:24 PM
winter1

Originally Posted by Dansy
Apparently they don’t have them yet.....
Yes I see. They are pre-orders. ***winter***
Old 02-04-2020, 01:31 PM
Dansy

Not a bid deal...I took a CB200 to muck up my Havoc SS installation....the fuses interior had a final coat of paint today...and the tray are getting painted as we speak, also doing the same things on a Ultra Flash (minus the Jeti stuff ) that I’m putting together.....so deeply in paint and sanding this week.....then reassembled both and be done with them....
Old 02-07-2020, 07:09 AM
smcharg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 124 Likes on 83 Posts

This may not be the smartest question but, as they say, the dumbest question is the one unasked.....

With these jets, we're supposed to safety wire the fuel lines that attach to the barbed nipples. While I get the logic behind it, especially if one were to use Tygon, with the hard lines that we're using in the plane and the fact you have to heat it up and use a little lubrication to get them on, why do we need the safety wire as well? When I took my turbine off the test stand (and as they recommend), I had to cut the hard line off the nipple as it was not coming off. To be clear, I have safety wire and pliers, I'm just trying to understand the need or why Kingtech "requires" this now.

Thank y'all,
Scott
Old 02-07-2020, 07:23 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by smcharg
This may not be the smartest question but, as they say, the dumbest question is the one unasked.....

With these jets, we're supposed to safety wire the fuel lines that attach to the barbed nipples. While I get the logic behind it, especially if one were to use Tygon, with the hard lines that we're using in the plane and the fact you have to heat it up and use a little lubrication to get them on, why do we need the safety wire as well? When I took my turbine off the test stand (and as they recommend), I had to cut the hard line off the nipple as it was not coming off. To be clear, I have safety wire and pliers, I'm just trying to understand the need or why Kingtech "requires" this now.

Thank y'all,
Scott
That's easy. Its cheap insurance on an expensive model. Spending an extra 5 mins doing some safety wire to be sure its not going to be an issue is worth it in my book.

Also after a few years the lines don't always stay the same. They can get loose over time so safety wire takes care of that issue also. I safety wire stuff all day long on real aircraft. Half of the stuff does not need it but its easy to do and assures it wont be a problem in the future.
The following users liked this post:
smcharg (02-07-2020)
Old 02-07-2020, 07:25 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

When I built my first jet, I asked my mentor the same exact question. His answer was: "Do you want it to stay on?"

After giving it a little thought and having come from the N-Plant Biz, I recalled that for critical stuff one never depends on a single failure mechanism. For example, that is why we have two batteries for the Rxers, etc. For a connection like a fuel line, there are the barbs and the wire ties, thus eliminating the potential single point of failure!

So I ask you: Do you want it to stay on? :-)
smcharg (02-07-2020)
Old 02-07-2020, 07:30 AM
smcharg

Received 124 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by gunradd
That's easy. Its cheap insurance on an expensive model. Spending an extra 5 mins doing some safety wire to be sure its not going to be an issue is worth it in my book.

Also after a few years the lines don't always stay the same. They can get loose over time so safety wire takes care of that issue also. I safety wire stuff all day long on real aircraft. Half of the stuff does not need it but its easy to do and assures it wont be a problem in the future.
Gunradd,

Although I have the tools, the next question is how do I know how much to "twist" the wire with the pliers so that I don't actually cut into the tubing? Practice? HAHA
Old 02-07-2020, 07:36 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Check these out... before anyone freaks out.. they are curved to prevent a pinch point. I know safety wiring is super easy for some of you but some of us don’t do it on a regular or daily basis..

https://www.fuelhoseziptie.com/
Old 02-07-2020, 07:39 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Gunradd,

Although I have the tools, the next question is how do I know how much to "twist" the wire with the pliers so that I don't actually cut into the tubing? Practice? HAHA
Practice makes prefect lol. But I doubt you will cut into the clear tubing. Now the tygon stuff if you went real tight it might be possible. For the twists... The Faa actually has a guideline and its so many twists per inch but its not that critical on our models. Just eyeball it and use common sense and you will be fine.

A little trick I have learned in my 20 years safety wiring stuff on real aircraft.. after twisting the wire it will have a slight gap where the twist begins. Some people try and twist it more to lessen this gap. That is the wrong way and you end up over twisting the wire even breaking it sometimes. You need to turn your entire hand with the pliers in a twisting motion and that will twist the bottom of the pigtail without adding to the twist per inch much. Hard to explain in words but with some practice you will get it.
smcharg (02-07-2020)
Old 02-07-2020, 12:46 PM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by Tip22v
Excellent! I did some searching and found an Automotive Paint store only 2 miles from my house, they even have a PPG color workstation so hopefully they will be able to match the colors. I don’t know yet whether or not the can make up aerosol cans yet, I’ll find out tomorrow when they open. Thanks again for all the help, much appreciated -Tom
My local paint store was able to match my colors and was also able to fill some aerosol cans for me. They also sell the 2k clear coat stuff, it's more expensive than Amazon, but I can buy it locally so that's kind of cool. I will ask him for the color codes when I pick it up later today. Thanks again for all the help! -Tom
Old 02-07-2020, 06:32 PM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice!
Old 02-07-2020, 07:08 PM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by Tip22v
My local paint store was able to match my colors and was also able to fill some aerosol cans for me. They also sell the 2k clear coat stuff, it's more expensive than Amazon, but I can buy it locally so that's kind of cool. I will ask him for the color codes when I pick it up later today. Thanks again for all the help! -Tom
so I picked up my custom aerosol cans today, I asked the guy if he could give me the color codes, he said he did not have any codes because he matches and then mixes the colors by eye! I must say I was a little skeptical so I sprayed the red onto a spare nose gear door when I got home and I have to say it’s so close that my untrained eye cannot distinguish between them I can’t wait to try it out on a fully prepped surface, probably another nose gear door for starters.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:12 AM
winter1

................, why do we need the safety wire as well?................Thank y'all,
Scott
Once I did not secure the PUN 4mm hose in my acrobat. After three take-offs she relaxed and fell out. Fortunately, it was a hose filling inside the fuel tank. It was a big problem to put her on brass nipples. I had to heat it and lubricate it. Yet she dropped out after a while. All hoses are secured with wire or clamps. Certainty is certainty. ***winter***

smcharg (02-10-2020)
Old 02-13-2020, 03:28 PM
TJPro351
My Feedback: (8)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone had contact with Dirk in the last 2 weeks? I have sent two emails with no response and wondering if he is on vacation.
Old 02-13-2020, 03:44 PM
pattratt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just talked to him via text. Told me he is real busy? T-1 not operating because of virus. Maybe open end of next week but he did not sound very confident. It must be his KingTech keeping him busy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.