Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet

Old 06-25-2020, 02:03 PM
  #2351  
smcharg
My Feedback: (1)
 
smcharg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: College Station, TX
Posts: 437
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

I spoke with Dirk Tuesday. He said that they were working a deal right now with UPS and should have more information within a week. He said it'd be an extra $250. I said SIGN ME UP. He said he'd let me know as soon as the deal was done. He also said EMS is still not shipping, period.
Old 06-25-2020, 02:04 PM
  #2352  
Tip22v
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 946
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

I have the electron retracts/struts/wheels, they have little retainer c-rings in addition to set screws to hold the axles in, I did not have the c-rings installed and the set screw came loose and the wheel came off. -Tom
Old 06-25-2020, 02:07 PM
  #2353  
camss69
My Feedback: (46)
 
camss69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 1,636
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tip22v View Post
I have the electron retracts/struts/wheels, they have little retainer c-rings in addition to set screws to hold the axles in, I did not have the c-rings installed and the set screw came loose and the wheel came off. -Tom
Yikes! Iíll look out for that on mine if I ever get the plane or the gear.. waiting to order the Electron gear till I have a tracking number and it clears customs..
Old 06-25-2020, 02:15 PM
  #2354  
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)
 
Dansy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Prescott, Ont.
Posts: 1,920
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tip22v View Post
I have the electron retracts/struts/wheels, they have little retainer c-rings in addition to set screws to hold the axles in, I did not have the c-rings installed and the set screw came loose and the wheel came off. -Tom
i was going to ask....pretty much impossible to loose a wheel on electron with the set screw....and clip.

You do know thereís a flat spot on the axle for the set screw? I also used bleu loctite and the clip....
Old 06-25-2020, 05:27 PM
  #2355  
MarkF
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Las Vegas, NV CA
Posts: 166
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Did Dirk say anything about shipping by sea?
Old 06-25-2020, 05:51 PM
  #2356  
camss69
My Feedback: (46)
 
camss69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 1,636
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
Did Dirk say anything about shipping by sea?
He told me $150 to ship by boat and it would take 5-7 weeks.

He also told me $225 to ship UPS (in addition to the $310 i already paid) and it would take a week or so depending on customs. I said letís do UPS but apparently they are having trouble getting them to pick up the boxes.

That was on Monday, as far as I know it has not shipped UPS yet.
The following users liked this post:
bodywerks (06-26-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 12:57 PM
  #2357  
TJPro351
My Feedback: (8)
 
TJPro351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Grant, FL
Posts: 183
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

T1 on her second flight in the hazy morning sun of FL. King Tech smoke pump and tube.
Thanks to my buddy Cliff for taking this awesome pic!

(Hey Dirk, this picture is a good advertisement for your site )
The following users liked this post:
camss69 (06-27-2020)
Old 06-28-2020, 07:34 AM
  #2358  
MarkF
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Las Vegas, NV CA
Posts: 166
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Wow, is the $150. in addition to the $310. or is that the total. Good price if that's the total. Glad to see there working on the shipping nightmare.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:26 AM
  #2359  
camss69
My Feedback: (46)
 
camss69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 1,636
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
Wow, is the $150. in addition to the $310. or is that the total. Good price if that's the total. Glad to see there working on the shipping nightmare.
I think itís in addition to, but best to check with Dirk.
Old 07-06-2020, 03:40 AM
  #2360  
cbk07
My Feedback: (64)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: farmington, CT
Posts: 729
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

I am loving my T-1, but still fighting the air brakes. They work great for two to three flights, then just piss all the air out. I have tried three different kinds of grease, replaced the seals, high pressure, low pressure, etc. So far have tried Silicone grease, Valvoline Red grease and Molykote111. All seal great for a couple of flights, then just leak all air out. The bearings are quite sloppy and the fit loosly on the axles causing a lot of wheel wobble. Wondering if this may be causing seal to rock and lose their seal. The seals also fit very loosly in bake housing. Maybe it is machined wrong? At a total loss. The same brakes on my first T-1 worked perfectly after greasing just once. Getting tired of having to clean and repack at field every couple of flights. ANY permanent fixes (without replacing brakes) would be greatly appreciated!
Old 07-06-2020, 03:45 AM
  #2361  
clavin
My Feedback: (5)
 
clavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 184
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by cbk07 View Post
I am loving my T-1, but still fighting the air brakes. They work great for two to three flights, then just piss all the air out. I have tried three different kinds of grease, replaced the seals, high pressure, low pressure, etc. So far have tried Silicone grease, Valvoline Red grease and Molykote111. All seal great for a couple of flights, then just leak all air out. The bearings are quite sloppy and the fit loosly on the axles causing a lot of wheel wobble. Wondering if this may be causing seal to rock and lose their seal. The seals also fit very loosly in bake housing. Maybe it is machined wrong? At a total loss. The same brakes on my first T-1 worked perfectly after greasing just once. Getting tired of having to clean and repack at field every couple of flights. ANY permanent fixes (without replacing brakes) would be greatly appreciated!


This is what works for me perfectly!!

https://shopbvmjets.com/index.php?ma...k53pu0m2kam5j4

Parker Super O Lube its called
Old 07-06-2020, 04:00 AM
  #2362  
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)
 
bodywerks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Elgin, AZ
Posts: 3,737
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
Wow, is the $150. in addition to the $310. or is that the total. Good price if that's the total. Glad to see there working on the shipping nightmare.
The website has been updated, it looks like. A T-1 now carries a $525 shipping charge. T3 is $1,345 for shipping. Not sure if that's the price it has always been. I seem to remember it being under a grand before.
Old 07-06-2020, 04:00 AM
  #2363  
cbk07
My Feedback: (64)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: farmington, CT
Posts: 729
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by clavin View Post
This is what works for me perfectly!!

https://shopbvmjets.com/index.php?ma...k53pu0m2kam5j4

Parker Super O Lube its called
Thank you. I guess I will order some. I really think that either my bake housing is machined incorrectly or that the excessive wheel wobble is causing the problem.....but am willing to try anything at this point. I've already spent $50 on grease.....what's another $20 lol
Old 07-06-2020, 04:03 AM
  #2364  
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)
 
bodywerks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Elgin, AZ
Posts: 3,737
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
Default

delete.

Last edited by bodywerks; 07-06-2020 at 04:06 AM.
Old 07-06-2020, 04:08 AM
  #2365  
smcharg
My Feedback: (1)
 
smcharg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: College Station, TX
Posts: 437
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bodywerks View Post
The website has been updated, it looks like. A T-1 now carries a $525 shipping charge. T3 is $1,345 for shipping. Not sure if that's the price it has always been. I seem to remember it being under a grand before.
T-1 shipping was $300.
Old 07-06-2020, 04:20 AM
  #2366  
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)
 
bodywerks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Elgin, AZ
Posts: 3,737
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by smcharg View Post
T-1 shipping was $300.
It was, that is correct. I'm wondering if the T3 has always been that much. It's almost exactly the same size as a Rebel Pro, and I only paid $125 in shipping(actually, $250 total in shipping for the Pro and the Classic, ordered at the same time).

Last edited by bodywerks; 07-06-2020 at 04:29 AM.
Old 07-06-2020, 04:43 AM
  #2367  
smcharg
My Feedback: (1)
 
smcharg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: College Station, TX
Posts: 437
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bodywerks View Post
It was, that is correct. I'm wondering if the T3 has always been that much. It's almost exactly the same size as a Rebel Pro, and I only paid $125 in shipping(actually, $250 total in shipping for the Pro and the Classic, ordered at the same time).
I don't think so but also, I'm pretty sure that UPS pricing is the only way they can get stuff out of China without putting them in a container and shipping over the water. Maybe that's why the Rebel is/was cheaper? TBH, I just want my dang jet now.
The following users liked this post:
bodywerks (07-06-2020)
Old 07-06-2020, 05:36 AM
  #2368  
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)
 
bodywerks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Elgin, AZ
Posts: 3,737
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by smcharg View Post
I don't think so but also, I'm pretty sure that UPS pricing is the only way they can get stuff out of China without putting them in a container and shipping over the water. Maybe that's why the Rebel is/was cheaper? TBH, I just want my dang jet now.
I paid $3790 shipped to my door, with a custom Rebel Max scheme, then $200 for the pipe, $450 for CMjets smoke, main, and UAT tank, and $1,000 for electron gear with gs200 controller, so $4500ish to my door, with more expensive accessories. It is smaller, by 1 inch in span and 5 inches in length, but also 15-17lbs lighter.

Last edited by bodywerks; 07-06-2020 at 05:42 AM.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:42 AM
  #2369  
cbk07
My Feedback: (64)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: farmington, CT
Posts: 729
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bodywerks View Post
I paid $3790 shipped to my door, $200 for the pipe, $450 for CMjets smoke, main, and UAT tank, and $1,000 for electron gear with gs200 controller, so $4500ish to my door, with more expensive accessories. It is smaller, by 1 inch in span and 5 inches in length, but also 15-17lbs lighter.
15-17 lbs lighter than what?
Old 07-06-2020, 06:11 AM
  #2370  
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)
 
Dansy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Prescott, Ont.
Posts: 1,920
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bodywerks View Post
I paid $3790 shipped to my door, with a custom Rebel Max scheme, then $200 for the pipe, $450 for CMjets smoke, main, and UAT tank, and $1,000 for electron gear with gs200 controller, so $4500ish to my door, with more expensive accessories. It is smaller, by 1 inch in span and 5 inches in length, but also 15-17lbs lighter.
Don’t care don’t like the rebel this is a T-1 tread 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄😏

Last edited by Dansy; 07-06-2020 at 06:30 AM.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:41 AM
  #2371  
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)
 
bodywerks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Elgin, AZ
Posts: 3,737
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by cbk07 View Post
15-17 lbs lighter than what?
I was talking about the T3 with smcharg. Sorry to get off track.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:39 AM
  #2372  
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Miramar, FL
Posts: 557
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Reference brakes. The O rings they employ are hydraulic type. Since they are just put in there with li silicone grease etc they harden up. I went to a local hydraulic shop and had them replaced. 20mmX30mmX5mm. The store did not carry that China crap metric so he got me the equivalent. $7.34. He said they need to be oiled. Tried them and itís a perfect tight fit. No issues.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:00 AM
  #2373  
camss69
My Feedback: (46)
 
camss69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 1,636
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Well after 8 months and 1 day, I have a tracking number on my T1. People have babies in that amount of time lol. Currently tracking to be delivered on Thursday. I never thought Iíd see the day... hoping it makes it without any damage, nervous that itís shipping UPS.
The following users liked this post:
bodywerks (07-07-2020)
Old 07-06-2020, 10:30 AM
  #2374  
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Miramar, FL
Posts: 557
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

No tariff fee? Just asking. It comes very well wrapped up and protected. What color?
Old 07-06-2020, 10:47 AM
  #2375  
camss69
My Feedback: (46)
 
camss69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 1,636
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ledd4u View Post
No tariff fee? Just asking. It comes very well wrapped up and protected. What color?
No tariff that Iím aware of, I donít think anyone has had to pay one yet. Blue Monster scheme.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.