Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Bavarian Demon Cortex PRO is here!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Bavarian Demon Cortex PRO is here!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 10:04 AM
JoeJr1485

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_B
You can make both serial connections directly to the CB200.

Okay thank you. I’ll hook it up like it was attended to RXs to CP then CP to CB!
Old 06-05-2018, 08:15 PM
kirkj
My Feedback: (61)

Question for the pros...
I am using a Jeti setup with the CP and a CB200. All is working great.
I have nose gear steering on a separate channel which is ch. 15. it is mixed from the rudder stick input only when gear is down.
Is there a way to get this channel (15) to be corrected by the gyro 'rudder' axis?

Possibly have the gear down when teaching the inputs, so the CP sees an input on channel 15 when the rudder stick is moved during teach?
What if the gyro correction is correct on the rudder but backwards on the nose steer?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:37 AM
F1 Rocket

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

Teach the Cortex Pro with the mix active. It will learn the direction and travel the same as with all the other surfaces.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:04 AM
rskiba
My Feedback: (16)

Is there any difference between the red cased CP and the black one other than case color?
Old 06-06-2018, 07:03 AM
F1 Rocket

Originally Posted by rskiba
Is there any difference between the red cased CP and the black one other than case color?
Only the sexy red color :-)
Old 06-23-2018, 11:05 PM
dappe69

I have cortex pro Jeti CB 200. R2 sat. The R2 sat is connect to the Cortex Pro. And the Cortex to CB 200. My problem is that i can not see the Cortex Pro and CB 200 at the same time in my DS16 under Device explorer. Is it possible to see both at the same time?
Old 06-24-2018, 01:57 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

What version FW is your DS16?
Old 06-24-2018, 07:47 AM
dappe69

What version FW is your DS16?
verision 4.23
Old 06-24-2018, 10:03 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

we are at 4.28 anyway

first step : update the firmware from the DS-16 to 4.28 anyway.
2 . upgrade your CB box and sats also if not allready done.
3 upgrade the BD to the latest firmware.

then bind both receivers to the cb200 make sure you MARK Primary receiver. (dual path)
Set both to EX serial in the Rex setup
replug cables to the EX port of the Rsat,s
then follow the picture here shown.
turn on installation , plug the Jumper to the BD "find" the correct signal , followed by a slow blue.\
remove the Plug and should show up in the device explorer.
should nicely how up on the device expolorer.

Last edited by digitech; 06-24-2018 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:11 PM
dappe69

Originally Posted by digitech

we are at 4.28 anyway

first step : update the firmware from the DS-16 to 4.28 anyway.
2 . upgrade your CB box and sats also if not allready done.
3 upgrade the BD to the latest firmware.

then bind both receivers to the cb200 make sure you MARK Primary receiver. (dual path)
Set both to EX serial in the Rex setup
replug cables to the EX port of the Rsat,s
then follow the picture here shown.
turn on installation , plug the Jumper to the BD "find" the correct signal , followed by a slow blue.\
remove the Plug and should show up in the device explorer.
should nicely how up on the device expolorer.
working thanks
Old 06-24-2018, 07:13 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

guys if you are not seeing the Cortex.. and you are running Rex receivers, you might have to upgrade them to v1.1 before the CP will show up, especially if you have TX 4.28...

As a side note if you have 4.27, then update to 4.28 immediately..
Old 06-25-2018, 04:45 PM
JTFDEZ

Hi fellows, I'm a happy JETI user (not a Futaba user) but right now I'm building a new jet for a good friend, with Futaba TX/RX, Powerbox SRS, Bavarian Cortex Pro.

My problem is that I can not solve how to assign a 3 pos sw to activate the gyro in a F-18MZ.
I have tried several modes, screens, switches .... but nothing turns out.

Could someone please explain me how to do it with "apples and oranges"

Many thanks
Regards
Old 06-26-2018, 03:30 AM
BarracudaHockey

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

At the end of the learn sequence the last step is to wiggle the mode switch if memory serves.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:55 AM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you allocate a channel for gyro gain and set its control to hardware (the desired switch)? Can you see it move on the servo monitor screen when you flip the switch? ... then what Andy just said above...

Dave
Old 07-11-2018, 12:11 PM
JoeJr1485

Have a question for the pro and my Jeti setup. Okay so I know we need to connect an additional line from the CP to CB200 which I have. Now in the TX do you still assign the function to a port for gain like you would do on the standard Cortex with the gray wire? I will be running the CP with both RX connected to CP and the to the CB. hope this make sense.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:53 PM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeJr1485
Have a question for the pro and my Jeti setup. Okay so I know we need to connect an additional line from the CP to CB200 which I have. Now in the TX do you still assign the function to a port for gain like you would do on the standard Cortex with the gray wire? I will be running the CP with both RX connected to CP and the to the CB. hope this make sense.
Nope!
when you learned the gyro in you are asked to flip a switch , for the gyro stabilize/headinglock/off.
this switch can then be also set as a gain.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:01 AM
F1 Rocket

You need to have a gyro function created in the function assignment menu and assigned to one of the first 16 slots in the servo assignment menu. The Cortex Pro will learn this assignment during the teach in process.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:38 AM
JoeJr1485

Originally Posted by F1 Rocket

You need to have a gyro function created in the function assignment menu and assigned to one of the first 16 slots in the servo assignment menu. The Cortex Pro will learn this assignment during the teach in process.
okay so when running the RXs from the CP to the CB, channel 4 on the cortex the extra cable we carry over to the CB200 acts like the gray wire that is on the cable loom? Just trying to make sure I understand. I have the TX already setup with gyro function set and set on port 13 on the CB200.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:40 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

okay so when running the RXs from the CP to the CB, channel 4 on the cortex the extra cable we carry over to the CB200 acts like the gray wire that is on the cable loom? Just trying to make sure I understand. I have the TX already setup with gyro function set and set on port 13 on the CB200.
There is no "gray" wire with your setup. The "extra cable" is simply to connect an additional power connection/supply from the CB to the CP. The signal wire should not even be connected with the power connection, just the red and black. The CP responds to the gain commands via the serial connections.

FYI, on the "gyro" channel, it's not even necessary to use the "gyro" function. Just use "servo" travel values for the amount of sensitivity you want. 0 (zero) value is gyro "off", negative values are "normal" mode with -100% being max sensitivity and positive values up to +100% are for heading hold. I initially set mine up on a rotary switch with the center position as zero. Slowly dial in gain sensitivity during flight until you find a value you like (i.e. no oscillation at high speed). I then assign the gyro function to a 3 position switch with down "Off", mid "Hi gain" and up "Low gain". I have mine set to only give negative values (i.e. normal) since I don't use heading hold and don't want to select it by accident.

Disclaimer: This is a "layman's" explanation. There may be a better/more correct way to use the gyro function but my setup works very well for me on both my sport jets.

Craig
Old 07-12-2018, 12:00 PM
JoeJr1485

Originally Posted by CraigG
There is no "gray" wire with your setup. The "extra cable" is simply to connect an additional power connection/supply from the CB to the CP. The signal wire should not even be connected with the power connection, just the red and black. The CP responds to the gain commands via the serial connections.

FYI, on the "gyro" channel, it's not even necessary to use the "gyro" function. Just use "servo" travel values for the amount of sensitivity you want. 0 (zero) value is gyro "off", negative values are "normal" mode with -100% being max sensitivity and positive values up to +100% are for heading hold. I initially set mine up on a rotary switch with the center position as zero. Slowly dial in gain sensitivity during flight until you find a value you like (i.e. no oscillation at high speed). I then assign the gyro function to a 3 position switch with down "Off", mid "Hi gain" and up "Low gain". I have mine set to only give negative values (i.e. normal) since I don't use heading hold and don't want to select it by accident.

Disclaimer: This is a "layman's" explanation. There may be a better/more correct way to use the gyro function but my setup works very well for me on both my sport jets.

Craig
awesomee Craig thank you. This is what I was looking for. I was just getting confused as I also have the standard cortex and I know the gray wire on the wire loom was for the gain channel. I just didn’t know how that was supposed to work on the pro with the RXs hooked straight to it.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:58 PM
Bob_B

While Craig setup works there is a setup that gives you a master on off and gains on each flight mode/flap position and the ability you adjust the gain in flight using a knob or slider.

Last edited by Bob_B; 07-12-2018 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:57 PM
JoeJr1485

While Craig setup works there is a setup that gives you a master on off and gains on each flight mode/flap position and the ability you adjust the gain in flight using a knob or slider.
i like that idea I need to figure that one out.
Old 07-13-2018, 02:37 AM
Bob_B

The two position switch that you toggle during the learn process becomes your master. When you went through your basic properties you should have selected Gyro one. Moving over to the Gyro tuning menu you want to change global too separate. You will set one side of your master switch to 0 which will be your off position. I use the flap switch or flight mode switch which ever you prefer to call it to change the gains of the Gyro .
Flaps up would have the lowest gain setting flaps full would have the highest gain setting.
When you’re in the Gyro tuning menu. You can assign a knob or a slider to vary fhe Gain. It is suggested to limit that to 10% you can have it affect all three gains or just one I have it so it only changes the flap up value .
Old 07-15-2018, 12:16 PM
jetsflyin
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question
Im trying to bind my CP but all i get is a steady red light!!! Im using a CB 200 with two receivers. All updates are up to date on the radio and CP.
Also on device explorer i see the CP.

Im planing to mix tailerons with flaps in landing position, do i set up the gyro and then do the mix or mix it first before i bind the gyro?

Suggestions????

Thanks

Last edited by jetsflyin; 07-15-2018 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-15-2018, 01:12 PM
F1 Rocket

Check that both receivers are set for EX Bus output. Also, please download and read the full manual. It has all the latest connection diagrams and warnings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.