Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Bavarian Demon Cortex PRO is here!!

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Bavarian Demon Cortex PRO is here!!

Old 07-31-2020, 12:32 AM
Mi-25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tp777fo View Post
This is what I use on all my jets. FB T33, FB Dolphin, Dolphin S, and SM F4. Made a nice improvement on all. Rolls crisper and locked when you release the sticks.
Just for my understanding are you using 100% of the gyro Gain values I see (10, 13, and 11) ?
thanks,
Leon
Old 07-31-2020, 12:53 AM
Mi-25

Originally Posted by F1 Rocket View Post
Default Bank settings.
Hi Danny,
Using those Gain values shown in your thumbnails (Bank 1 = 7, 13, 15),,,is your Master Gain set at 100% ?
thanks,
Leon
Old 07-31-2020, 02:20 AM
F1 Rocket

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Misha Javornik View Post
Hi everybody, looking for advice on how you would setup the cortex pro on a JR28x running two 8 channel receivers, one running the odd inputs and the other the even. My first thought was that from the harness the first two wires connectors would go to channels 15 and 16 that way both receivers would be connected to the cortex.
Thanks you in advance

Misha
The Cortex Pro needs to receive all inputs from one receiver. A few guys have tried splitting the inputs and had issues. Please check with the JR team guys and they can tell you which of their receiver setups have worked well with the Cortex Pro.
Old 07-31-2020, 02:27 AM
F1 Rocket

Originally Posted by Alexsv96 View Post
Hey guys I would appreciate any help... I am new to sbus so forgive my ignorance but Iíve been searching and before I go playing with inputs and mess something up I wanted to seek help.
I have a new HSD L-39. I am using a Futaba 16sz Cortex pro and 7008sb rx. Hereís what Iím trying to accomplish:
currently the plane has a control board similar to powerbox or AR etc. from the control board I use one cable which is an Sbus directly into my receiver sbus channel and Iíve programmed everything great. Now I want to incorporate my Cortex pro, whatís the best way to do this setup and still utilize the sbus benefit. Reason being is I have 12 channels programmed through sbus but only an 8 channel receiver so if I donít utilize sbus Iíll lose some channels. Thanks sorry if itís confusing
You will need to set your receiver to output S.Bus with the physical output pins set for channels 9-15.
Plug the S.Bus lead into port A. Plug the control board into port 5 or 6.
Old 07-31-2020, 02:30 AM
F1 Rocket

Originally Posted by Mi-25 View Post
Hi Danny,
Using those Gain values shown in your thumbnails (Bank 1 = 7, 13, 15),,,is your Master Gain set at 100% ?
thanks,
Leon
No. The master gain needs to be set at a low value (best to start at 25%) and then adjusted as needed.
The following users liked this post:
Mi-25 (07-31-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 06:22 AM
Alexsv96

Rocket, thank you very much for the reply, sorry Iím pretty new and possibly a bit slow haha but when you say plug the control board in port 5 or 6? I guess Iím confused what goes from control board to Cortex and then what goes from Cortex to Rx...

Originally Posted by F1 Rocket View Post
You will need to set your receiver to output S.Bus with the physical output pins set for channels 9-15.
Plug the S.Bus lead into port A. Plug the control board into port 5 or 6.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:33 AM
F1 Rocket

The Cortex Proís inputs are ports A and B. For a single receiver and utilizing the serial output mode of the Cortex Pro you will connect the receiver to port A.
The Cortex Proís serial outputs are ports 5 and 6. With S.Bus either one can be used to connect to your control board.