Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Bavarian Demon Cortex PRO is here!!

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Bavarian Demon Cortex PRO is here!!

Old 07-31-2020, 12:32 AM
Mi-25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tp777fo View Post
This is what I use on all my jets. FB T33, FB Dolphin, Dolphin S, and SM F4. Made a nice improvement on all. Rolls crisper and locked when you release the sticks.
Just for my understanding are you using 100% of the gyro Gain values I see (10, 13, and 11) ?
thanks,
Leon
Old 07-31-2020, 12:53 AM
Mi-25

Originally Posted by F1 Rocket View Post
Default Bank settings.
Hi Danny,
Using those Gain values shown in your thumbnails (Bank 1 = 7, 13, 15),,,is your Master Gain set at 100% ?
thanks,
Leon
Old 07-31-2020, 02:20 AM
F1 Rocket

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Misha Javornik View Post
Hi everybody, looking for advice on how you would setup the cortex pro on a JR28x running two 8 channel receivers, one running the odd inputs and the other the even. My first thought was that from the harness the first two wires connectors would go to channels 15 and 16 that way both receivers would be connected to the cortex.
Thanks you in advance

Misha
The Cortex Pro needs to receive all inputs from one receiver. A few guys have tried splitting the inputs and had issues. Please check with the JR team guys and they can tell you which of their receiver setups have worked well with the Cortex Pro.
Old 07-31-2020, 02:27 AM
F1 Rocket

Originally Posted by Alexsv96 View Post
Hey guys I would appreciate any help... I am new to sbus so forgive my ignorance but Iíve been searching and before I go playing with inputs and mess something up I wanted to seek help.
I have a new HSD L-39. I am using a Futaba 16sz Cortex pro and 7008sb rx. Hereís what Iím trying to accomplish:
currently the plane has a control board similar to powerbox or AR etc. from the control board I use one cable which is an Sbus directly into my receiver sbus channel and Iíve programmed everything great. Now I want to incorporate my Cortex pro, whatís the best way to do this setup and still utilize the sbus benefit. Reason being is I have 12 channels programmed through sbus but only an 8 channel receiver so if I donít utilize sbus Iíll lose some channels. Thanks sorry if itís confusing
You will need to set your receiver to output S.Bus with the physical output pins set for channels 9-15.
Plug the S.Bus lead into port A. Plug the control board into port 5 or 6.
Old 07-31-2020, 02:30 AM
F1 Rocket

Originally Posted by Mi-25 View Post
Hi Danny,
Using those Gain values shown in your thumbnails (Bank 1 = 7, 13, 15),,,is your Master Gain set at 100% ?
thanks,
Leon
No. The master gain needs to be set at a low value (best to start at 25%) and then adjusted as needed.
The following users liked this post:
Mi-25 (07-31-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 06:22 AM
Alexsv96

Rocket, thank you very much for the reply, sorry Iím pretty new and possibly a bit slow haha but when you say plug the control board in port 5 or 6? I guess Iím confused what goes from control board to Cortex and then what goes from Cortex to Rx...

You will need to set your receiver to output S.Bus with the physical output pins set for channels 9-15.
Plug the S.Bus lead into port A. Plug the control board into port 5 or 6.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:33 AM
F1 Rocket

The Cortex Proís inputs are ports A and B. For a single receiver and utilizing the serial output mode of the Cortex Pro you will connect the receiver to port A.
The Cortex Proís serial outputs are ports 5 and 6. With S.Bus either one can be used to connect to your control board.
Old 09-14-2020, 04:15 PM
michelad
My Feedback: (10)

Originally Posted by PREACHHAMES View Post
DEMONJoe,

It is a continuous, quickly flashing red light...no sequence at all.

Greg
I have the same issue. Only red blinking even when connected to my PC.
I did the factory reset many times. Can't get to have the blue light...
Could you help me?
Thanks,
Old 09-14-2020, 06:17 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

The Cortex Proís inputs are ports A and B. For a single receiver and utilizing the serial output mode of the Cortex Pro you will connect the receiver to port A.
The Cortex Proís serial outputs are ports 5 and 6. With S.Bus either one can be used to connect to your control board.
Danny you may recall I was helping a friend with this exact setup and found that we had to input on port B or the Cortex would reset. When using single Rx.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:33 PM
FenderBean

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Yeah this got me with the twin futaba Sbus setup, once I figured out that you bind it with one receiver and then plug in the second all was great!
Old 09-15-2020, 05:14 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 106 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by michelad View Post
I have the same issue. Only red blinking even when connected to my PC.
I did the factory reset many times. Can't get to have the blue light...
Could you help me?
Thanks,
And thatís the way itís suppose to act....

They come ready for spektrum.....to change the protocol....disconnect from the pc and connect a receiver to port A and port B, then do the learning ..itís all in the small pamphlet that is included..
Old 09-15-2020, 05:15 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post
Danny you may recall I was helping a friend with this exact setup and found that we had to input on port B or the Cortex would reset. When using single Rx.
Iím pretty sure he know that, probably a typo...
Old 09-15-2020, 01:46 PM
michelad

Originally Posted by Dansy View Post
Iím pretty sure he know that, probably a typo...
I tried all the following:
Receiver spektrum 7010 XDSM connected to port B on Cortex and Channel "Elevator" on receiver ( I later tried all receiver channels)
Receiver spektrum 7010 XDSM connected to master on Cortex (on the side) and Channel "Elevator" on receiver

As soon as I turn power ON, I get 1 green light, and then red blinking continuously (it could be a cycling of 7 red blinking, but not sure).
I tried to reset to factory default with 2 different computers (MAC and PC).

Always the same: red blinking

Could someone take the time to describe all connections between the Cortex, the receiver Spektrum and the servos?
The little guide is really poor, and not very easy to understand (4 short lines, while here we have 35 pages of discussions, where everyone is trying to understand hoe it works...
I am very frustrated.

Old 09-15-2020, 01:59 PM
Dansy

Sorry I never setup one for spektrum, I’m sure someone will eventually answer....
Old 09-15-2020, 02:15 PM
michelad

Thanks Daniel
Old 09-16-2020, 02:19 AM
Bob_B

I tried all the following:
Receiver spektrum 7010 XDSM connected to port B on Cortex and Channel "Elevator" on receiver ( I later tried all receiver channels)
Receiver spektrum 7010 XDSM connected to master on Cortex (on the side) and Channel "Elevator" on receiver

As soon as I turn power ON, I get 1 green light, and then red blinking continuously (it could be a cycling of 7 red blinking, but not sure).
I tried to reset to factory default with 2 different computers (MAC and PC).

Always the same: red blinking

Could someone take the time to describe all connections between the Cortex, the receiver Spektrum and the servos?
The little guide is really poor, and not very easy to understand (4 short lines, while here we have 35 pages of discussions, where everyone is trying to understand hoe it works...
I am very frustrated.
You have to use the wire harness between a Spek Rx and Cortex.
Old 09-16-2020, 02:40 PM
michelad

Could you be more precise? Which harness?
Old 09-16-2020, 03:36 PM
Bob_B

The harness that comes with gyro

https://www.bavariandemon.com/en/products/accessories/
Old 09-16-2020, 04:10 PM
michelad

Already tried that...No luck....red blinking. Cannot get the blue light
Old 09-16-2020, 04:38 PM
skunkwurk
My Feedback: (18)

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by FenderBean View Post
Just so Im not missing something, and Im new to Demon but if I assign both my rudders to the same channel (in the servo) im talking center, endpoint, travel and channel(SBUS) I essentially get the benefit of both rudders with one input on the gyro correct?
My F-22 had sooooo many channels I combined a lot of stuff, rudders, ailerons, flaps all had multiple servos but im on using one channel each in the radio.
Hi Keith,

Are you saying you assigned a function like rudder to a channel and programmed multiple servos with the channel, and then set the centers and endpoints in the servo to match deflection? If so, are you still able to set dual rates for each of the surfaces and line up the deflection while having centers and travel endpoints statically set in the servo?

Last edited by skunkwurk; 09-16-2020 at 06:00 PM.
Old 09-17-2020, 01:10 AM
Bob_B

Already tried that...No luck....red blinking. Cannot get the blue light
Just to be clear for spektrum you have first bind the Rx to your Tx.
then you connect the rx to cortex with the wire loom.
STEP 1: Then with the Tx turned On, power the rx and cortex, then insert the bind plug into the program port of the cortex to teach the cortex the signal input type. ( Blue light sequence)
once taught, remove battery from the rx but leave bind plug in the cortex.
Step 2: Power the rx again, Flashing Red light then Flashing white Light then Flashes Green and goes off, then with dual rates in high position Move Tx sticks in sequence per quick start guide to teach control input to Cortex. When complete,
Move gain channel switch from one side to other. LED flashes green rapidly. REMOVE bind plug from cortex power Rx off. Learning complete Adjust throws to suit and then teach gyro new values via step 2

Last edited by Bob_B; 09-17-2020 at 05:15 AM.
Old 09-17-2020, 03:15 PM
michelad

Smile

Just to be clear for spektrum you have first bind the Rx to your Tx. DONE
then you connect the rx to cortex with the wire loom. WHICH ONE GOES WHERE? easy to connect the wire loom to the cortex, but then which wire of the loom goes where on the receiver? Do I need to connect servos to cortex?
STEP 1: Then with the Tx turned On, power the rx and cortex, then insert the bind plug into the program port of the cortex to teach the cortex the signal input type. ( Blue light sequence)
once taught, remove battery from the rx but leave bind plug in the cortex.
Step 2: Power the rx again, Flashing Red light then Flashing white Light then Flashes Green and goes off, then with dual rates in high position Move Tx sticks in sequence per quick start guide to teach control input to Cortex. When complete,
Move gain channel switch from one side to other. LED flashes green rapidly. REMOVE bind plug from cortex power Rx off. Learning complete Adjust throws to suit and then teach gyro new values via step 2
Old 09-17-2020, 04:22 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not really sure how much clearer the quick start guide could be. I just took a look and it showed multiple ways to connect to the Cortex.

1) If using the cable loom: Connect receiver channels 1-6/AUX to the cable loom and plug servos 1 - 6 into the Cortex as show in the quick start guide.

Using a Serial connected Rx: If using a single cable to carry all channel information from the receiver to the Cortex, connect Rx1's serial cable to Cortex Port B and servos 1-6 to the Cortex as shown in the quick start guide. Port A should be able to be used to connect a 7th servo to the Cortex OR a second receiver serial receiver.

If you still can't get things sorted post a video showing all your connections and exactly what you're doing so people can tell you if there is a problem with your Cortex or what exactly you're doing wrong.
Old 09-17-2020, 04:57 PM
michelad

Here is the connections:
Old 09-18-2020, 06:22 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry but that doesn't help much. Everything is so small in the photo I can't really tell anything from it and when I click on the photo I get no zoom to see any detail. Post a you tube video. Zoom in on the receiver for a few seconds so people can see which channels are connected to which wires in the loom. Zoom in on the Cortex so people can exactly which ports the servos are connected to and then try to perform which ever steps you are having problems with so people can see exactly what you are doing and exactly what the results are. If you do that, then someone will be able to tell you what is going on whether it be something you're doing wrong, or if you have a defective unit. There are lots of people that are happy to help but you need to help them to help you..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.