Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Status of JR Propo ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Status of JR Propo ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 12:35 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MattyMatt
In XBus mode, the only limitation for the number of channels is the radio. I run the 612 or 613's with my 28x in XBus mode... the most I've run so far is 20 channels.
Matt i opted to go 100% xbus in my new viper and it's been rock solid . i opted to do this to avoid a potential voltage drop to the elevator servos because of the length of the wires need. i went with a 2S lipo HV setup to get the max amount of torque out of the elevator servos " NX3421" as i felt they were small in size . i ran a power cable and one xbus/servo lead to the back and programed everything via xbus. people that don't know or understand xbus are really missing out on an awesome system.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5784.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	2246774  
Old 12-03-2017, 01:27 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Yep.. the serial bus connectivity stuff (XBus and S.Bus) is fantastic. It takes a little thinking to wrap your head around it, but once you do, you'll never want to go back to a 'standard' setup again.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:53 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

wonder how you would hook up a JR Axis gyro on the odd/even RX system?
Old 12-08-2017, 04:05 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Axis requires XBus, i do know someone using the 812 rx set with the std cortex using the loom, zero issues

Last edited by Bob_B; 12-08-2017 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:51 PM
TTRotary

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another big plus here for JR's DMSS. The most amazing radio link in the business - no one else even comes close. I dont entrust my expensive models to anything else, and it is true that you can feel it. I do wish JR were more responsive with rolling out firmware upgrades to match the competition when it comes to features (e.g servo delay/sequencing) but it is what it is. XG11 and 28X.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:10 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TTRotary
Another big plus here for JR's DMSS. The most amazing radio link in the business - no one else even comes close. I dont entrust my expensive models to anything else, and it is true that you can feel it. I do wish JR were more responsive with rolling out firmware upgrades to match the competition when it comes to features (e.g servo delay/sequencing) but it is what it is. XG11 and 28X.
The problem with statements like this is there is no way to quantify or verify it.. I too am extremely happy with DMSS, but to say nobody else comes close is kind of silly. There's just no way to objectively make this claim.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:26 AM
Gordon W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Cronkhite
The problem with statements like this is there is no way to quantify or verify it.. I too am extremely happy with DMSS, but to say nobody else comes close is kind of silly. There's just no way to objectively make this claim.
+1
The only unreliable radio link I've ever had in 50+ years was back in the mid-1960s with a home-made single channel super-regen outfit comprising a 3-valve Tx and 2-valve Hill Rx. The Rx worked most of the time but did drift and I chased the model all round our area. Often when I found it the plane was OK in the middle of a field but one of the valve filaments had bust, possibly due to the jolt on landing.

Along came transistor gear, followed by every other advance in R/C technology up 'till now, and never another radio link problem
Old 12-11-2017, 10:52 AM
David Gladwin

Received 144 Likes on 93 Posts

With great respect. I duobt any if any manufacturer has come close to the Weatronics system, on which I have a very great deal of real world experience. Yes, I have a 28 X , which I love, but it is still way short of Wea. In many useful aspects.

No no doubt the Powerbox Core will carry these forwards

Last edited by David Gladwin; 12-11-2017 at 08:45 PM.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:30 PM
speed is life

Originally Posted by David Gladwin
With great respect. I duobt any if any manufacturer has come close to the Weatronics system, on which I have a very great deal of real world experience. Yes, I have a 28 X , which I love, but it is still way short of Wea. In many useful aspects.

No no doubt the Powerbox Core will carry these forwards
Hello David!
Just keep this in mind when doing verbal combat with the JR guys:
”.....I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.....”
- from George Bernard Shaw

Do have a Happy Christmas and a great New Year

Best Regards,
Mike Warren
Redstone, Colorado, USA

PS: oh, and the discussion as to telemetry for AOA......as with the F-4 guys, used AOA exclusively in the USAF A-7D for pattern, approach, and landing. 17.5 units AOA was “on speed”.
As you said of your time in the Hunter, the primary stall warning was airframe buffet while maneuvering. You cant look at an AOA guage while a Wanker in a Hunter is camped firmly at your 6......

Last edited by speed is life; 12-13-2017 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 12:38 PM
David Gladwin

Received 144 Likes on 93 Posts

Hi Mike, I was certainly not rubbishing JR, been flying it since its inception, NEVER had a problem and I think my 28x is a very fine radio with by far the best sticks. I currently have 2 jets and two sailplanes on the 28x. That said the Weatronics system has many valuable and powerful features the 28 X does not and my Weatronics systems are all set up using the superb 12x transmitters.

Last week I set up a jet with the JR. using X bus. Two separate receivers, a HUB, Powerbox sensor, 3 adapter leads and a gyro. With Wea it's all in one box and MUCH easier to set up.

I have a BAT 60, potentially a great radio but the sticks are awful despite all the ball bearings in them, and without the Nav view its use for me is limited. I am looking forward to the Powerbox Core.

Anyway if if you really would like to come to Classic Jets, be my guest! I live just 30 mins from LHR (actually under the Burnham SID) and 45 mins from Abingdon. There us always a bed here and the bar is always open. Mind you, you might have to talk flying with my neighbours and pals ( variously ex 737, 747, 757, 767, 777, 787, A320, DC 10, VC10, BAC 1-11, Trident and Concorde) , and drink some Chardonnay, or your other favourite tipple whilst we relive our former "glory days" .

Yes, UK airport duty is swingeing, we often fly via AMS where there is no Tax, can save a lot

In in the meantime I wish you a long and happy retirement and a wonderful family Christmas and a very healthy new year.

David.

Last edited by David Gladwin; 12-13-2017 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-27-2017, 01:51 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sadly, it appears that JR has gone bankrupt.

Here's the announcement in Japanese, use google translate.

​​​​​​“|ŽY‘¬•ñ | Š”Ž®‰ïŽÐ ’鑃f[ƒ^ƒoƒ“ƒN[TDB]

Mike
Old 12-27-2017, 01:56 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
Until proven otherwise, I here by declare:

JR is D.E.D. Dead.

Very sad.

MattyMatt et al, is it true?

Last edited by ravill; 12-27-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-27-2017, 02:17 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

Think you have it wrong again.

JR Japan that never really manufactured anything themselves went some time ago, but that’s not the whole story. New products are being worked on, new servos in the design and development now.
This is almost certainly the legal part of JR Japan closing. A business with the history and ‘baggage’ sometimes has to do the right thing to allow a continuation.

The internet really is fully of too much ( incomplete) information.
Old 12-27-2017, 02:25 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i just talked to JRA and they have heard the rumors as well. they told me that products will still be produced . and i was reminded that toys are us went BR 2 months ago and they are still going.it's going to be a wait and see what happeneds. a lot of companies go BR as part of a restructuring plan . so don't panic yet.
Old 12-28-2017, 01:56 AM
Dave Wilshere

It's complicated! There are three 'people' in this marriage! My source says everything continues as it has for the last 6 months+
Old 12-28-2017, 02:24 AM
Nige321

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
It's complicated! There are three 'people' in this marriage! My source says everything continues as it has for the last 6 months+
Which is exactly JR's problem...

If it is 'complicated', JR should issue a press release telling their customers what's going on and that the 'bankrutcy' is simply a paperwork excercise.
Instead we have the forums full of rumour, anonymous 'sources' feeding distributors with denials and customers biting their nails wondering what's going on now.

Their website hasn't been updated for years, the FB page for 18 months.

It's no wonder their fan-base is deserting them...

Last edited by Nige321; 12-28-2017 at 02:35 AM.
Old 12-28-2017, 03:02 AM
Gordon W

Originally Posted by Nige321
<snip>...
'bankrutcy' is simply a paperwork excercise.
Except for the creditors I imagine. Wren went bankrupt, accompanied by squeals of "CHEAT" on here. Traplet went bankrupt and friends of mine lost hundreds of pounds through unfulfilled orders. I loved my JR8 Unlimited, PCM-10 and 10X over a period of 30 years, but Spektrum offered a far better bang for the buck with their DX18 compared with the 12X, which shocked me (and others) with its price when it was released.

Gordon
Old 12-28-2017, 04:27 AM
Dave Wilshere

Nigel, in the hobby things are often handled badly when it comes to news...
Gordon. Apples and Oranges!
Old 12-28-2017, 06:36 AM
MattyMatt
My Feedback: (2)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by warbird_1
Matt i opted to go 100% xbus in my new viper and it's been rock solid . i opted to do this to avoid a potential voltage drop to the elevator servos because of the length of the wires need. i went with a 2S lipo HV setup to get the max amount of torque out of the elevator servos " NX3421" as i felt they were small in size . i ran a power cable and one xbus/servo lead to the back and programed everything via xbus. people that don't know or understand xbus are really missing out on an awesome system.

Excellent! That's how my stuff is all rigged. Once I felt the speed of Xbus, i haven't looked back.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:38 AM
MattyMatt

Originally Posted by ravill
Very sad.

MattyMatt et al, is it true?

We're working through the details, and will have an update published soon.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:46 AM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This can be fatal, if RC Depot (or whoever) looses JR brand all the FCC and CE certifications go with the brand/product name and whoever holder was. If bank/liquidator holds the name, and there is any kind product name/brand name change all products will have to re-certified again. Who is going to pay for it?
Old 12-28-2017, 07:59 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Jeti needs to buy the Xbus/DMSS design. What a kick ass combo that would be! Jeti radios telemetry with DMSS link....wow!
Old 12-28-2017, 08:03 AM
MattyMatt

Originally Posted by ZB
This can be fatal, if RC Depot (or whoever) looses JR brand all the FCC and CE certifications go with the brand/product name and whoever holder was. If bank/liquidator holds the name, and there is any kind product name/brand name change all products will have to re-certified again. Who is going to pay for it?
ZB, we completely understand the complexity of the certifications... i'm sure you've learned a lot about them with the 900mhz approvals on your stuff with Jeti. What you've eluded to is correct... these are very expensive... and lengthly in time. BTW, did everything get approved for you guys yet? (i haven't followed the progress)

We are working through the details, which i'm sure will take several months to resolve. For now, things will continue as before.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:32 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I have been a JR user since 1991. I sure wish JR would make an official announcement regarding all of this. If they need time to restructure or whatever then so be it, but as a JR user for decades and one who has trusted their product completely I am not impressed with how this is being handled. Transparency in a company gives me far more faith in their future. I love my JR, I have zero interest in all the "features" that some of the other systems have to offer at very high prices nor do I wish to have to change all of my receivers etc if I had to make a change, but it would sure be nice to know. I was already choked when JR when DMSS and it wasn't backwards compatible with every single 2.4 receiver I have (DSM/2 and DSM/X). That is what kept me from buying a 28X really, so I'm still happy with my 12X
Old 12-28-2017, 08:37 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I hope so. This thread is going on a year already. We've heard some updates from JR dealers which is ok but not hearing anything directly from JR still leaves us with no real idea of what is going on. The best thing JR could do right now is issue a statement first of all apologizing for the secrecy and leaving so many people questioning what is going on, then giving notice of what direction they are heading. After a year's time with no updates from JR a person really does start to feel like they are done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.