Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Status of JR Propo ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Status of JR Propo ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 08:49 AM
Gordon W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
Gordon. Apples and Oranges!
I like both !
Gordon
Old 12-28-2017, 09:20 AM
MattyMatt
My Feedback: (2)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's the official statement from JR Americas:
Attached Thumbnails JRA JR bankruptcy press release 12282017.pdf  
Old 12-28-2017, 10:24 AM
David Gladwin

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordon W
, but vSpektrum offered a far better bang for the buck with their DX18 compared with the 12X, which shocked me (and others) with its price when it was released.

Gordon
It was expensive, Gordon , but such quality can't be cheap.

I bought two 12 X s when first released. They are still in use [ with Weatronics RF sections] and still look and work like they are new, and never a moment's trouble. New Eneloop batteries every three years, but long after the price is forgotten the quality remains !

I, for one, sincerely hope JR products will continue but we do NEED to know EXACTLY the situation from the horse's mouth, and soon!

David.

Now seems my wish has been granted with the news release above.

Last edited by David Gladwin; 12-28-2017 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:28 AM
Jack Diaz
My Feedback: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravill
Until proven otherwise, I here by declare:

JR is D.E.D. Dead.
Quote"

When the ANESTHESIOLOGIST declares something "DEAD" ............ it IS DEAD !!!!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2017, 10:41 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack Diaz
Quote:
Until proven otherwise, I here by declare:

JR is D.E.D. Dead.
Quote"

When the ANESTHESIOLOGIST declares something "DEAD" ............ it IS DEAD !!!!!!!!!
Like the movie Robin Hood men in tights, "Men in Scrubs" also say D.E.D! LOL

Very, very sad. That statement seems very fishy: "We are bankrupt, so that we can expand"......hmmm.

As I saw that I would be needing a new transmitter 1-2 years ago, now, there is no way JR could get me to buy a 28x. As a JR fan boy, I am very sad indeed.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:06 AM
tagman1

I remember years ago, the people running some of the jet rallies, would make anybody who did not us JR feel inferior. Ok it's time to take the JR
picture, anyone who fly's JR please come forward, and they would do it right in front of everyone, if you have been flying for a long time you will remember.
Never used JR and never will, no loss or sadness here.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:25 AM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tagman1
I remember years ago, the people running some of the jet rallies, would make anybody who did not us JR feel inferior. Ok it's time to take the JR
picture, anyone who fly's JR please come forward, and they would do it right in front of everyone, if you have been flying for a long time you will remember.
You could just as well substitute "BVM" for "JR" in your post.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:50 AM
MattyMatt

Originally Posted by tagman1
So years ago that was Horizon Hobby who distributed and marketed JR... Today, the same folks back then, now wear blue and fly Spectrum.

Not the brands fault, it was the local marketing folks.

We've been separated about 4 years and we strive for the best link, solid performance and the best feel... drama free.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:51 AM
BarracudaHockey

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

Chatter on Facebook is that this is nothing new. RC Depot bought the RC side and the original company is filing. Thats what the RCDepot guys are saying anyways.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:59 AM
MattyMatt

Like the movie Robin Hood men in tights, "Men in Scrubs" also say D.E.D! LOL

Very, very sad. That statement seems very fishy: "We are bankrupt, so that we can expand"......hmmm.

As I saw that I would be needing a new transmitter 1-2 years ago, now, there is no way JR could get me to buy a 28x. As a JR fan boy, I am very sad indeed.

Don't confuse a company and a brand. They are two very different things.

Prime example, Spectrum is a brand owned by the company Horizon Hobby... Spectrum it is not a company nor have they ever owned a factory... it has always been outsourced. I'm not picking on spektrum, merely using it as an example that we call can relate to. They use different manufactures for all the different lines of products, heck even the DX18 has had multiple different manufactures depending on which edition it was... same for the receivers and servos. JR was actually the first producer of the gen 1 DX18! This is common place in the industry.

The JR brand and products will continue on. These are being made in the same factories, same suppliers and folks that have been involved for a long time. It's been part of the entire change over the last 18+ months.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:13 PM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I fly JR stuff and feel its the best equipment and RF link out there!
Old 12-29-2017, 08:28 AM
PropsnWings
My Feedback: (9)

JR Propo has filed for bankruptcy as of 12-27-2017

You will need to use Google to translate...
http://www.tdb.co.jp/tosan/syosai/4412.html
Old 12-29-2017, 08:29 AM
BarracudaHockey

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

Yes, see my post above about that announcement
Old 12-29-2017, 08:35 AM
PropsnWings
My Feedback: (9)

This site is crazy this morning.. Its jumping all over my screen... sorry I missed your post the first time...

Not sure I would be warm and fuzzy about that. I think it will be hard to keep the loyal users. JR is already in an uphill battle trying to survive to begin with.

Last edited by PropsnWings; 12-29-2017 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:10 PM
DMichael
My Feedback: (5)

Bankruptcy is a scary word and most people will have an initially negative reaction- that's normal. However, keep in mind that bankruptcy laws provide breathing room so businesses like JR can get healthy again so I'm glad to see that JR is taking advantage of it.

For what it's worth, I recently purchased servos and just yesterday was on the line with the service department regarding about a dozen servos I sent in that were 5-10 years old and were getting serviced so it's still business as usual. With some new gears and a few POTS these servos will continue to provide me with additional years of use so I feel like any new or future investment I make in the product will prove to be a solid one.
Old 01-04-2018, 03:45 PM
TTRotary

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Doug Cronkhite
The problem with statements like this is there is no way to quantify or verify it.. I too am extremely happy with DMSS, but to say nobody else comes close is kind of silly. There's just no way to objectively make this claim.
Doug, it is kind-of silly to make a statement like yours when a simple online search reveals independent frequency analysis tests of DMSS behavior by several rc reviewers vs other 2.4 protocols, which clearly demonstrate trate that DMSS operates on nearly 3X the bandwith size (2.7MHz vs 1.1Mhz for DSMX/AFHSS), is much more effective at "grabbing" packet slots within the bandwidth, and has almost 2x the dynamic frequency hopping response (switching speed) compared to other "advanced" protocols such as FASST, AFHSS and DSMX (itself much improved over DSM2) when a "swamping" signal is applied. These are absolutely quantified test results with screenshots of the scope output, and retention of the signal where others dropped out under the same conditions. Packet drops are incredibly low even in ultra-noisy RF environments with DMSS. This is a direct benefit of the Texas Instruments CC2520 RF chipset, and it is the only non-military/commercial transmitter to use this chipset.

You will probably never notice the difference in everyday flying apart from the more locked-in "feel" but the RF link will pay for itself in a hostile RF environment, which are increaingly common today. This is not to say other protocols have not gotten very good. They have. But DMSS is indeed unique in how it behaves in controlling bandwidth allocation.

And while we are on the topic of RF, there is nothing special about the Weatronix RF link itself versus AFHSS protocols from others. They used the same Atmel ZigBee protocol as Graupner's HOTT and Jeti ( and XPS).

The Weatronics feature set and TX architecture is another matter, of course. Truly phenomenal and way ahead of its time.

Last edited by TTRotary; 01-04-2018 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:11 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what is going on with this Vbulletin crap? i can't get on any regular fourm
Old 01-10-2018, 01:12 PM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Not limited to JR....

Hobbico files for bankruptcy; layoffs next? | News-Gazette.com
Old 01-10-2018, 02:10 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Just spoke with JR America. Big shipment reportedly inbound. Hopefully lots of Xbus parts
Old 01-10-2018, 04:09 PM
ChuckC
My Feedback: (24)

Wow. Just, wow. The death of Hobbico is sad. Looks like, if that article is correct that Hobbico, etc. is just about gone- my start in the hobby was through Tower and a Goldberg Sophisticated Lady in 1984.

Now there aren't any balsa kits, or kits for that matter and most planes are Chinese and foam is en Vogue.

Ugh- so what's the future for builders? Scratch only, I presume.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:35 PM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

I wonder how the death of Hobico will affect Tower, if at all.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:41 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Since Hobbico is a blend of Tower Hobbies and Great Planes, I would say definitely....and that would quite unfortunate, back in the days that was my place to order all the stuff..
Old 01-10-2018, 05:17 PM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just letting everybody know, all JR stuff is being closed out. All discounted, please pick whatever you like. We still have few receivers and telemetry sensors left.

Esprit Tech/Model 1.321.729.4287 - Search
Old 01-10-2018, 06:54 PM
ChuckC
My Feedback: (24)

From the looks of things, the old manufacturer, wholesaler, distributor, resaler model doesn't appear viable in this day and age. Adds too much cost to the products and too much overhead. Kind of what's killing local hobby shops. Brick and mortar can't take Hobbico profit structure and survive with the Internet.

My local shop was about to fold before Christmas, but they just squeaked through on Black Friday sales. Not looking promising.

And, how is Horizon doing?
Old 01-11-2018, 01:13 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

People have been purchasing Chinese products for years. Purchasing abroad is sending your wealth to another country.
The whole occidental world has been contributing to capital, knowledge, and wealth shifting to asia for several generations now. A country cannot survive on the tertiary sector only. Because it is volatile and producing virtual products, concepts. It needs to base its economy on the primary and secondary sectors.

China has won the economic war they started in the 50s by heavily subsidizing its primary and secondary sectors to dump prices and take over the entire World manufacturing. They could do this because their banking system was controlled by the Communist Party and not subject to any International/ Market regulations. They could print as much money as they wanted and create factories and jobs at almost zero cost. The Western World adhered to this by progressively reducing the very steep tariffs they had put on imports from Asia. They did this over the years because the consumers demanded to buy cheaper product.

Anyway, this chapter is now closed. China is manufacturing well over 50% of Worlds goods nowadays. Every bit of manufacturing juice that could be squeezed out of the Occidental World has been.
Up to now, the tertiary sectors got largely preserved by the wealth offset. Most middle class people nowadays work for the tertiary sector and have not been too much threatened by this offset up to now.
However, the next chapter is automation.
Consumer wealth of the tertiary sector will not offset to Asia. It will offset to AI. Artificial Intelligence.
People have started to loose their jobs over Artificial intelligence systems. This trend will grow exponentially in the next 50 years.

The interesting question is: what's left of a country's economy once the consumers have no jobs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.