Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Status of JR Propo ?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Status of JR Propo ?

Old 11-30-2017, 06:54 AM
newshoundaussie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry jeti users but as usual it was your main man once again trying to stir the pot and drag down another manufacture on a thread unrelated to Jeti. Just tired of this childish crap trying to promote his product and drag down another on every thread and site. Jeti seems to be the only distributor or manufacture willing to do this. This gets my vote as a very bad business practice. Go create a thread yourself and promote your product and its features. It's very easy!
Old 11-30-2017, 09:50 AM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (39)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by newshoundaussie
Sorry jeti users but as usual it was your main man once again trying to stir the pot and drag down another manufacture on a thread unrelated to Jeti. Just tired of this childish crap trying to promote his product and drag down another on every thread and site. Jeti seems to be the only distributor or manufacture willing to do this. This gets my vote as a very bad business practice. Go create a thread yourself and promote your product and its features. It's very easy!
Dude, if you don't like HIM then don't buy from HIM. There are numerous dealers out there. But what does Jeti (the brand), or Jeti (the users) or Jeti (the manufacturer) have to do with the dealings and behavior of this single person? You seem to be a JR fanboy and that is totally fine, but this wide generalization is kind of silly.

Thomas
Old 11-30-2017, 10:18 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Because he is the US importer for the entire brand. By purchasing Jeti from a dealer who buys from him, you're supporting him, which I refuse to do. FYI, I currently fly JR, Graupner, Futaba, and Spektrum radios. So I really have no brand allegiance.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:23 AM
bluelevel

Don't want to start a brand war here but when it comes to telemetry and programming capabilities, Jeti simply is the best out there at the moment, period! Why would I use an inferior product just because I don't like one person in the distribution chain? Having principles in fine, but this is kind of silly. Just my 2 cents of course and others might see this differently.

Thomas
Old 11-30-2017, 10:29 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelevel
Don't want to start a brand war here but when it comes to telemetry and programming capabilities, Jeti simply is the best out there at the moment, period! Why would I use an inferior product just because I don't like one person in the distribution chain? Having principles in fine, but this is kind of silly. Just my 2 cents of course and others might see this differently.

Thomas
Never understood the logic either. If you ran into a car salesman you didn't like, who sold Ford, would you never buy a Ford??? At least the Jeti guy is active, ever hear a peep from anyone at JR?
Old 11-30-2017, 12:00 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Now I remember why I don't post often on here anymore... Having an opinion different from the mainstream gets you ridiculed.
so yeah. I personally have no interest in voice on a radio. I don't fly with gyro's either. Some of the worst crashes I've seen in past years were a gyro that went goofy and piled an avanti in hard, and a crash where pilot was listening to airspeed on landing knowing what his speed for landing in an ideal condition was only this day was heavy crosswind and the airplane snapped and went in well above his known stall speed. So thanks but I'd rather fly my airplanes and learn their characteristics without relying on more and more gadgets that can fail. So would I chose a radio because it can talk to me? Nope not even a littlebit interested.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:02 PM
newshoundaussie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no problem with anyone choosing a Jeti radio it looks to be a great product, I am glad your very happy. The problem I have is Jeti USA coming in on every forum and thread expressing an unwanted opinion as too degrade another manufacture. I have my own values for where my money is spent and Jeti USA goes against mine, therefore my money will be spent elsewhere. No "Fan Boy" of any brand and calling a person one just another example of the on going problem. Stop and think how annoying it would be if other manufacturers or distributors kept jumping in on Jeti threads and degrading Jeti as company and product. Having some principles seems to be a problem with them on the internet.
​​​​​​​ Thankfully I have other options.

Last edited by newshoundaussie; 11-30-2017 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:28 PM
jcterrettaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

JR for ever I love the feel and the response ....After all its the pilot who make the difference..
Old 11-30-2017, 12:40 PM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
Now I remember why I don't post often on here anymore... Having an opinion different from the mainstream gets you ridiculed.
so yeah. I personally have no interest in voice on a radio. I don't fly with gyro's either. Some of the worst crashes I've seen in past years were a gyro that went goofy and piled an avanti in hard, and a crash where pilot was listening to airspeed on landing knowing what his speed for landing in an ideal condition was only this day was heavy crosswind and the airplane snapped and went in well above his known stall speed. So thanks but I'd rather fly my airplanes and learn their characteristics without relying on more and more gadgets that can fail. So would I chose a radio because it can talk to me? Nope not even a littlebit interested.
+++1
Old 11-30-2017, 01:07 PM
bluelevel

"Mainstream"??? Aren't you the guy who thinks that AMT are still the best turbines out there? :-)

It's always the same, people have heard from a friend of a friend that somebody crashed his plane because of a (most likely wrongly programmed) gyro or that somebody lost a jet, just because he was listening to the telemetry output instead of relying on his (probably not existing) skills. Of course the hundreds of planes that were saved because of a low voltage alarm, flame-out warning or "low fuel" alarm would never be mentioned here, just to prove a point.

I agree with you that every new technology might have it's flaws in the beginning, but living in the past and comdemning every new product development is also wrong.

"To each their own" would be the best answer here and I have to agree, posting here is kind of mindless.

Thomas

Last edited by bluelevel; 11-30-2017 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 01:08 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

The instant I touched my first JR radio, the venerable 10x, I knew I would never want for another radio maker out there.

I was a JR fanboy. I still love me my 12x.

It is with a big broken heart that I've had to move on.

I've never played with telemetry but I'm curious. I hope curiosity doesn't kill this cat! Ack!! LOL

LGM, don't go man, we need you around here.
Old 11-30-2017, 01:12 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
The instant I touched my first JR radio, the venerable 10x, I knew I would never want for another radio maker out there.

I was a JR fanboy. I still love me my 12x.

It is with a big broken heart that I've had to move on.

I've never played with telemetry but I'm curious. I hope curiosity doesn't kill this cat! Ack!! LOL
Same here, started early '90's with JR622, 783, 10x then 12x but, they dropped the ball on the 28x so, went elsewhere. You don't have to be married to a brand.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:06 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

"Mainstream"??? Aren't you the guy who thinks that AMT are still the best turbines out there? :-)

It's always the same, people have heard from a friend of a friend that somebody crashed his plane because of a (mostly likely wrongly programmed) gyro or that somebody lost a jet, just because he was listening to the telemetry output instead of relying on his (probably not existing) skills. Of course the hundreds of planes that were saved because of a low voltage alarm, flame-out warning or "low fuel" alarm would never be mentioned here, just to prove a point.

I agree with you that every new technology might have it's flaws in the beginning, but living in the past and comdemning every new product development is also wrong.

"To each their own" would be the best answer here and I have to agree, posting here is kind of mindless.

Thomas
Actually, he's right, AMT turbines are the best out there - in terms of reliability - hands down. They are heavier, use more fuel, and don't have the bells and whistles of the newer turbines, but they run forever - like Sherman tanks. Anyone who doubts this, hasn't run one...

Bob
Old 11-30-2017, 02:06 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thomas
lol you don't want to start a brand war but you turn around and call all other brands including, JR inferior ooooook JR's construction alone is the best , hand down
Old 11-30-2017, 02:15 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
Never understood the logic either. If you ran into a car salesman you didn't like, who sold Ford, would you never buy a Ford??? At least the Jeti guy is active, ever hear a peep from anyone at JR?
now that i can agree with you on. i was vocal to the point where len himself called me. i haven't changed my position on JR tech help. My frustration came from the fact that they released such an advanced radio like the 28 only to leave you to " figure it out on your own" JR would hand me off to JR reps who didn't know anymore than i did. how could they as i got one of the first to be released ? i'm not throwing rocks at any of the reps because they really tried to help . i blame JRA for not insisting on getting training from JR so they could help people properly. i still to this day can't figure out the voice setup.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:31 PM
roger.alli

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’m with you Jeremy. I’ve dabbled with telemetry, voice, air speed, voltage etc etc. But to be honest, it didn’t change my world. I now see it as peripheral to the main function of my radio.

The main requirement I have of my Rx/Tx, is that the up link is as solid as possible. (My system logs received signal strength RSSI and packets, which I regularly check, especially when test flying a new model.)
I find that good preparation, and good piloting skills negate any need for real time telemetry. I know how much fuel is on board, I know my batteries healthy and are charged, and I know when my model is close to the stall.

But this is just me. If you like telemetry, then that is good as well. If it helps you, that is great. We all get enjoyment from different approaches to this hobby.
Old 11-30-2017, 03:12 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by jcterrettaz
JR for ever I love the feel and the response ....After all its the pilot who make the difference..
JC Your right the pilot makes all the difference....
Old 11-30-2017, 03:58 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Thomas
There's more to it than that though.. I don't like the feel of the radio in my hands. I don't like the position or design of the trim system with individual buttons. The way ZB acts in literally every forum makes the decision that much easier to avoid the radio.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:32 PM
bluelevel

Originally Posted by warbird_1
lol you don't want to start a brand war but you turn around and call all other brands including, JR inferior ooooook JR's construction alone is the best , hand down
Read what I wrote! I said when it comes down to telemetry features and programming ability Jeti is far ahead of the competition. Telemetry is highly important to me because it can help save a plane.

Thomas
Old 11-30-2017, 05:41 PM
bluelevel

Originally Posted by Doug Cronkhite
There's more to it than that though.. I don't like the feel of the radio in my hands. I don't like the position or design of the trim system with individual buttons.
That's totally fine and a point I can understand. The Jeti radios are very heavy and some things are organized differently.

Originally Posted by Doug Cronkhite
The way ZB acts in literally every forum makes the decision that much easier to avoid the radio.
I have had more than one personal run-in with ZB and I cannot say that I approve of his sometimes hasty and rash comments. But I don't have to be his friend to like the Jeti brand and products :-)

Thomas
Old 11-30-2017, 07:28 PM
MattyMatt
My Feedback: (2)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordon W
Dumb question: If you have a XG14 Tx and want all 14 channels operational using Xbus, which JR Xbus Rx do you need? I don't see a 14-channel Xbus Rx on JR Americas, or the UK's Macgregor site either. I guess there are a load of Xbus leads needed too, but it's the Rx requirement I want to understand first.

Gordon
In XBus mode, the only limitation for the number of channels is the radio. I run the 612 or 613's with my 28x in XBus mode... the most I've run so far is 20 channels.
Old 11-30-2017, 07:38 PM
MattyMatt

Originally Posted by warbird_1
Any word on future software updates/apps. i was hoping to get turbine telemetry on my 28
Throughout 2017 we worked with several turbine manufacturers and Telemetry adaptor companies.

We have Telemetry available with many turbine manufacturers now. We sell one directly for JetCat, that we did a bunch of testing on and we had some update to be made with the V10 ECU so they will be available shortly.

JRPELE006 JetCat Turbine DMSS Telemetry Module - JR Radios

Many of our guys have also been using the VSpeak as well... they work great.

ECU Converter - VSpeak Modell

Last edited by MattyMatt; 11-30-2017 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:03 PM
MattyMatt

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
Same here, started early '90's with JR622, 783, 10x then 12x but, they dropped the ball on the 28x so, went elsewhere. You don't have to be married to a brand.
Im sorry you feel that way.... but I love the 28x. It's way beyond the 12x.... actually, from a programming perspective, even the XG11 is way beyond the 12x. I loved that radio too...

We have Telemetry built into every receiver we make. I always see the Rx voltage, and have alarms set for low voltage. I also run a voltage sensor on my ECU pack or Ignition packs for my gassers. I run RPM, cylinder head temp, and altimeter on my IMAC plane, and RPM and cylinder head temp on my Challenger II. It data logs everything, I have temp alarms set, and can see the data live or I have them on a button where the nice lady tells me the RPM and Temp.

On my Tomahawk Futura 2.5 jet, I see the RX Voltage, ECU voltage, turbine RPM, Temp, status code, and will have the fuel consumption... with the VSpeak, I can see the pump voltage as well. I'm running the Axis Gyro where in all the flightmodes where the gyro is on, my trimer switches become my gains and I can adjust Aileron, Elevator, and rudder gains separately and indepantly in every flight mode, in flight. I have the cortex Pro running on my Thrust Vectoring pipe, and have that setup in two flightmodes and setup trimmers so I can adjust the gains for that as well, in flight.

So, when I hear that we don't have this/that... I'm wondering what it is that we are that far off on. There are some speech things that could be nice to have... I guarantee that the programming and setup on my planes are among the most complex out there and I spend a lot of time making things extremely easy to fly. I can't help it... I grew up flying pattern and IMAC. Lol.

I have to say.... DMSS is unbelievable. I feel so connected to the plane... it's been rock solid.

If you guys guys are really interested in how I set my stuff up, I'd be happy to share it with you. I don't want to get into arguments online... but do want to help folks get the most out of our products.... hell, I want you to get the most out of what you have to help you become a better modeller and pilot.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:10 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MattyMatt
Im sorry you feel that way.... but I love the 28x. It's way beyond the 12x.... actually, from a programming perspective, even the XG11 is way beyond the 12x. I loved that radio too...

We have Telemetry built into every receiver we make. I always see the Rx voltage, and have alarms set for low voltage. I also run a voltage sensor on my ECU pack or Ignition packs for my gassers. I run RPM, cylinder head temp, and altimeter on my IMAC plane, and RPM and cylinder head temp on my Challenger II. It data logs everything, I have temp alarms set, and can see the data live or I have them on a button where the nice lady tells me the RPM and Temp.

On my Tomahawk Futura 2.5 jet, I see the RX Voltage, ECU voltage, turbine RPM, Temp, status code, and will have the fuel consumption... with the VSpeak, I can see the pump voltage as well. I'm running the Axis Gyro where in all the flightmodes where the gyro is on, my trimer switches become my gains and I can adjust Aileron, Elevator, and rudder gains separately and indepantly in every flight mode, in flight. I have the cortex Pro running on my Thrust Vectoring pipe, and have that setup in two flightmodes and setup trimmers so I can adjust the gains for that as well, in flight.

So, when I hear that we don't have this/that... I'm wondering what it is that we are that far off on. There are some speech things that could be nice to have... I guarantee that the programming and setup on my planes are among the most complex out there and I spend a lot of time making things extremely easy to fly. I can't help it... I grew up flying pattern and IMAC. Lol.

I have to say.... DMSS is unbelievable. I feel so connected to the plane... it's been rock solid.

If you guys guys are really interested in how I set my stuff up, I'd be happy to share it with you. I don't want to get into arguments online... but do want to help folks get the most out of our products.... hell, I want you to get the most out of what you have to help you become a better modeller and pilot.

still the telemetry on those is a work around , not a real interface right?.
as i said my hole life flew with JR including the 28X.
28X wow what a radio until they stopped supporting it , i had also the empty battery syndrom and all other stuff from the beginning.
as soon i found out they will never put out a developers SDK , i sold it in a hartbeat, went to Jeti , and a whole new world opened up.
transparent SDK so that a lot of companys could design sensors and stuff , for a fraction of the "normal" prices.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:44 AM
MattyMatt

Originally Posted by digitech
still the telemetry on those is a work around , not a real interface right?.
as i said my hole life flew with JR including the 28X.
28X wow what a radio until they stopped supporting it , i had also the empty battery syndrom and all other stuff from the beginning.
as soon i found out they will never put out a developers SDK , i sold it in a hartbeat, went to Jeti , and a whole new world opened up.
transparent SDK so that a lot of companys could design sensors and stuff , for a fraction of the "normal" prices.
As far as I understand, all of them except Jeti use Telemetry adaptors to get the ECU information. Yes Jeti is the king of Telemetry no doubt, but quite honestly I get the information I need to manage my complex aircraft.

All of the othe things I'm monitoring are made by JR except for the ECU adaptor. Actually, everything I'm using work with all of the XG radios as well. so yes, the $600 XG14 has the same Telemetry abilities... except for the logging.

My point is that I keep hearing that the radios don't have XYZ... all of the things I've personally been using for 4 years, and the ECU information for a year. Lots of mis information out there. Again, I'm not here to argue, but I do want to shed some light for our customers, that the things that 99% of people are looking for that we have.

Im not going bash anyone's radio. You need to fly what you are most comfortable with. For me personally, the feel of the radio, where all the flight functions are (switches) and the connection to the plane are by far the most important. These are the things I use constantly when I fly. If I have to think about where something is or can't reach a switch without moving my hands from a flying grip... then it's useless.
Connection to the plane is absolutely the most important. No connection, then hearing your radio tell you it lost signal as it flys away is just adding insult to injury. Lol. By the way, our systems Telemetry link is running separately from the flight controls, and will let you know if you loose connection.

Regarding the actual topic of the thread... I personally do not know if the 28x is discontinued or not... we haven't been notified of it and just recently received a shipment of them. Here's my personal view, if development isn't going to continue then it will be discontinued, but parts and service will still be available for a long time after it isn't in production.

Heck, we still see 12x's come in for service, and that radio hasn't been in production since 2012 or so.

We do have some some really good new stuff in final development that us jet guys will really like.... new servos and receivers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.