Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Fly Eagle Jets?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Fly Eagle Jets?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 12:52 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts
Default New Fly Eagle Jets?

Well, it looks like they are back on the map.

Who is flying them? How are they holding up? Have they turned over a new "elevator", so to speak?
Old 03-07-2017, 01:33 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, should I go with the Jiffy pop, microwaveable or the giant barrel of cheese balls
Old 03-07-2017, 02:45 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill

Who is flying them? How are they holding up? Have they turned over a new "elevator", so to speak?
Hi Raf...what makes you say this?? Vin...
Old 03-07-2017, 03:20 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

They never stopped, but I have seen a lot of folks liking there facebook stuff from people posting pictures from the factory. The overseas market has kept them in business plus James still post them forsale in the classifieds and receives lots of questions.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:06 PM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

Wow, I am still replacing the cardboard covered honeycomb formers that were made to appear to be CF covered plywood, with ACTUAL plywood formers that Lowell was able to obtain for me. BTW its in a FEJ Black Bunny F-14. I am absolutely flabbergasted at what FEJ passed off as structurally supporting Elevator servos and Fins etc. in the back end. I have installed one JetCat P-140 so far. I'm slow because I spend my Canadian winters here in Hawaii...

In my less than humble opinion FEJ has NO place in the market. What I actually should have done is write off the original $4k I had on deposit with FEJ and order a Skymaster Tomcat...That way I'd have already been able to fly it! However; what I did do was give them ANOTHER $4k and got the aircraft 9 months after ordering it. Sorry I called it an aircraft...it was a HANGAR QUEEN...I am making it an aircraft based on Jim's stab fix and some vastly better servo systems for the stabs as well as replacing all the formers aft of the gear so far...monumental task, but it WILL be airworthy or I won't fly it.

The whole fiasco has me so turned off Asian ARFs that I am now looking at a Bandit and a Starfire IIb I have still in their boxes...by the time I finish the FEJ F-14 it will be a collectors' item...what a giant cluster fornication that company is...be careful of them everyone. BTW I had ordered the FEJ about 2 months before Anton at SM released his F-14, as he had strung me along since we spoke of it in 2006 at FL Jets, and I had no clue as to how really bad FEJ actually was or when and even if Anton would ever release his Tomcat. Dantley's incident (for lack of a better description that is still printable) occurred about 5 weeks after I had given them the $4k deposit. Sometimes I get all the luck...bad luck that is...

I do thank Dantley for making public that whole fiasco as otherwise I'd probably have flown that garbage unknowingly too. Of course putting screws for elevator mechanisms through cardboard and honeycomb may have given me a CLUE!!!!

AVOID FEJ at all costs as you will most certainly be cheated if not outright lied to and have your monies stolen.
Aloha,
Len
Old 03-08-2017, 04:20 AM
marcpamjoce

Hi ravill, and thanks for your post and question. I know for a fact that FEJ is a more reputable and honest company than anyone out there in the US and overseas. Their jets have been revamped and improved to address all prior issues, as well as, potential problematic issues in the airframe. I would, without a doubt, give them my ringing endorsement along with everyone on these boards. I think we should all give FEJ another shot and would not hesitate on sending them my money to get a new and improved jet. Oh, and i almost forgot, they have the best, if not THE best, paint job in the business. Please give James a call today
Old 03-08-2017, 04:56 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

They never really left. It's just that their clients don't post on RCU, they use other forums (such as facebook).

It would be cool if someone with at least "some level of credibility" could testify as to whether there have been any improvements.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:59 AM
FalconWings

It would be nice if they could make a comeback, now that Skymaster and Jet Legend have become $7K + chinese ARFers.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:31 AM
FenderBean

Marcpam - come on guy your going to keep on and end up band, I'm guessing that doesn't matter since your probably a prior banned member but nobody is going to take you serious unless you stop trolling. The hobby doesn't need drama, it needs more folk coming here with ideas and build threads. A lot of smart folks don't even bother coming to rcu anymore due to the drama.

Falcon why I do agree that SM pricing is out of control and shipping is even worse. I don't think fej should make a come back, I'm pretty sure some folks were straight up robbed after things went south.
This is the last time I'm going to waste time on their name because even bad publicity is still publicity and I don't think they deserve either. I'm still pulling shrapnel out from the last time I did a build on one. I'm just glad it didn't ruin Jets for me, I have since then made some super friends and absolutely love going to the jet events. Going to chuck this one up to being up all night pulling duty, nothing like driving around all night checking locked buildings. lol
Old 03-08-2017, 06:00 AM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Originally Posted by FalconWings
It would be nice if they could make a comeback, now that Skymaster and Jet Legend have become $7K + chinese ARFers.
I just wish it were still possible to get a JL F-16 without having to buy a PNP version as well as the small Yak 130. I like to chose the components that go into the plane.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:58 AM
FalconWings

I understand Keith. I totally think that making a comeback should also mean making wrongs......right. That may be their biggest challenge....to swallow pride (anyone can make a model after all!)

In respect to the OP, I sent Neir from Neirly built a note this morning. He is about the only person that handles FEJ products that I would trust. I asked him about product updates and basically.....what has changed? I'll report back when he answers. I saw the F-16 updates on the website, and it looks fine.....unfortunately, you can't predict durability/reliability just by looking. :-)

David
Old 03-08-2017, 08:55 AM
FenderBean

The only thing that has changed are the materials which is only part of the problem. They are using same molds, same gear, same mechanics for control surfaces. This is something I didn't really know starting out but after a few years seeing and learning things they just don't have the experience to make safe models without going back to the drawing board. They use soft metals, they don't use the proper methods to design aerodynamically stable flight surfaces. As you know with high speed flight its a must to prevent flutter and structural failures. I have been flying and building jets for about 7 years, I could be wrong and I'm smart enough to know what I don't know but in this case I don't think I'm wrong. With that said I will silence my opinions on this particular company.

Last edited by FenderBean; 03-08-2017 at 08:57 AM.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:59 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by marcpamjoce
Hi ravill, and thanks for your post and question. I know for a fact that FEJ is a more reputable and honest company than anyone out there in the US and overseas. Their jets have been revamped and improved to address all prior issues, as well as, potential problematic issues in the airframe. I would, without a doubt, give them my ringing endorsement along with everyone on these boards. I think we should all give FEJ another shot and would not hesitate on sending them my money to get a new and improved jet. Oh, and i almost forgot, they have the best, if not THE best, paint job in the business. Please give James a call today

Bwaaahahahaa.
So many things I could laugh about but the best is about how great their paint is. Hmmmm adhesion issues that bubbled in the sun. Dust, runs and about 3 times as thick as it needs to be. They can make em shiny I'll give them that. Too bad it's one of those if you can't provide them with quality dazzle them with bling kind of situations.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:24 AM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
Bwaaahahahaa.
So many things I could laugh about but the best is about how great their paint is. Hmmmm adhesion issues that bubbled in the sun. Dust, runs and about 3 times as thick as it needs to be. They can make em shiny I'll give them that. Too bad it's one of those if you can't provide them with quality dazzle them with bling kind of situations.
Reminds me of the old saying, " If it won't run, chome it " !!! LOL

D
Old 03-08-2017, 10:20 AM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

I'll stick with T-One Models and Aviation Jets. Both make top quality and don't rape you for putting their name on it, which IMHO is as bad as what FlyEgale did.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:25 AM
ravill

Originally Posted by afterburner
Hmm, should I go with the Jiffy pop, microwaveable or the giant barrel of cheese balls

Hmmm, cheese balls!

Originally Posted by Vincent
Hi Raf...what makes you say this?? Vin...
They are sponsoring a bunch of jet meets.

And there seems to be new FEJ jets for sale in the "for sale" section.

Who knew there was so much wisdom over there in Uganda?!

Originally Posted by FalconWings

I was just thinking to myself that I'm paying so much for these chinese ARF'S !!

Originally Posted by FenderBean
The only thing that has changed are the materials which is only part of the problem. They are using same molds, same gear, same mechanics for control surfaces. This is something I didn't really know starting out but after a few years seeing and learning things they just don't have the experience to make safe models without going back to the drawing board. They use soft metals, they don't use the proper methods to design aerodynamically stable flight surfaces. As you know with high speed flight its a must to prevent flutter and structural failures. I have been flying and building jets for about 7 years, I could be wrong and I'm smart enough to know what I don't know but in this case I don't think I'm wrong. With that said I will silence my opinions on this particular company.
I bet you are very right.

But why silence yourself?

Have fun with what you can!

Old 03-08-2017, 11:09 AM
E.N.T.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I just placed this guy in the ignore list.

hmarmaizmd717
Old 03-08-2017, 12:54 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FenderBean
Marcpam - come on guy your going to keep on and end up band, I'm guessing that doesn't matter since your probably a prior banned member but nobody is going to take you serious unless you stop trolling. The hobby doesn't need drama, it needs more folk coming here with ideas and build threads. A lot of smart folks don't even bother coming to rcu anymore due to the drama.

Falcon why I do agree that SM pricing is out of control and shipping is even worse. I don't think fej should make a come back, I'm pretty sure some folks were straight up robbed after things went south.
This is the last time I'm going to waste time on their name because even bad publicity is still publicity and I don't think they deserve either. I'm still pulling shrapnel out from the last time I did a build on one. I'm just glad it didn't ruin Jets for me, I have since then made some super friends and absolutely love going to the jet events. Going to chuck this one up to being up all night pulling duty, nothing like driving around all night checking locked buildings. lol
+1

To add to the comment on the pricing of SM and JL planes... the $7k+ jets are gigantic jets. The F-4, 1/4 Hawk, Viper Jet, Cougar, etc are many thousands of dollars less.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:09 PM
marcpamjoce

You would be quite surprised
Old 03-08-2017, 09:04 PM
Pylonracr

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You would be quite surprised
No I wouldn't.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:49 AM
ravill

Well, I spoke with a gentleman named Nir who is FEJ's new rep apparently, and he says FEJ is doing quite well outside of RCU.

Understandably, there is no love lost between many RCU posts and FEJ, me included. Facebook is the place to be to get FEJ news.

FEJ was having a lot of problems, but apparently, they are doing quite well. Who knew?

I even received some PM's about people flying their FEJ jets and others considering buying some more FEJ's.

I don't like to use Facebook so maybe that is why I didn't know, so I suggested that people post their FEJ stories so maybe we can have the "other" side of the story!

Well, I'd like a refund on my brand-new unstarted F-14 as I feel I was lied to about it's airworthiness. Is this a pipe dream for me? Likely, but I can try right?!

And thanks Nir for clearing some of the FEJ news up!
Old 03-13-2017, 10:43 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I spoke with a gentleman named Nir who is FEJ's new rep apparently, and he says FEJ is doing quite well outside of RCU.

Understandably, there is no love lost between many RCU posts and FEJ, me included. Facebook is the place to be to get FEJ news.

FEJ was having a lot of problems, but apparently, they are doing quite well. Who knew?

I even received some PM's about people flying their FEJ jets and others considering buying some more FEJ's.

I don't like to use Facebook so maybe that is why I didn't know, so I suggested that people post their FEJ stories so maybe we can have the "other" side of the story!

Well, I'd like a refund on my brand-new unstarted F-14 as I feel I was lied to about it's airworthiness. Is this a pipe dream for me? Likely, but I can try right?!

And thanks Nir for clearing some of the FEJ news up!
Pretty much the entire hobby industry has migrated to Facebook for announcements and community engagement. I'll set up an account for you.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:53 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Nir has been a FEJ rep for a long time. He and James traveled the circuit together.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:21 PM
marcpamjoce

I have been trying to tell everyone that FEJ has improved over 350%. Their jets are built to last and are the lightest in the business. They are the next best thing, other than flying in a real jet. I hope everyone gives them a 5th chance and make sure you reach out to them on Facebook and Instagram. James and Nir are at your beckon call and can't wait to get you set up in your very own RC Jet. They will even match you up with one of their turbines that is specially designed to fit their aircraft and give you the exact thrust to weight ratio that you need to perform perfect and straight up verticals as soon as you take off. Need smoke, not a problem, they have you covered there as well. They are a turnkey operation that is standing buy for your business. This is just my opinion, but i think their F16 are a notch up from Scale-Jets version. I am not joking. So please, run inside your house, pick up your phone, dial James, and let the good times roll, ehhh i mean fly.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:03 PM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

edit

Last edited by mikes68charger; 03-13-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.