Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JR Axis 3-axis gyro

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JR Axis 3-axis gyro

Old 05-30-2017, 07:14 AM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JR Axis 3-axis gyro

Hi guys,
Does any have any experience with the JR Axis 3-Axis Gyro? I have never used a gyro before, and was wondering the pros and cons of this setup. Would like to use it in my Eurosport.
Thanks in advance.
Ron
Old 05-30-2017, 08:44 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Ron,
Any particular reason for the Axis as opposed to the Cortex, Demon Pro, or I3E? I know the Axis is a Serial Bus device, not sure if you do the programming in the TX or on a PC
Old 05-30-2017, 02:24 PM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bob_B
Ron,
Any particular reason for the Axis as opposed to the Cortex, Demon Pro, or I3E? I know the Axis is a Serial Bus device, not sure if you do the programming in the TX or on a PC
Hi Bob,
I was able to pick up 2 of them, brand new, for a great price. (So low, I can't even advertise it! Lol) I don't have any experience with gyros, just trying to get some feedback.
Ron
Old 05-31-2017, 10:24 AM
newshoundaussie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you got them cheap! I have two, flying one in just a 35CC AJ Laser it is working. Myself and another fellow have came across some major software issues on plane setup when centering and adjusting end points and rates of servos. I know Matty Matt a JR Rep had one in his jet. Personal I would use something else in my jet. All adjustments can be made from your transmitter. I am using a 28x.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:24 PM
spike5150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 6 of these and they work great. But you have to use xbus setup. On a turbine jet, you would want to use the high current servo adapters and hubs to power your servos. Can also be setup using PC software and a standard mini USB cable