Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

God Speed Love2flyrc

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

God Speed Love2flyrc

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 11:22 AM
TJP
My Feedback: (24)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

SHOCKED!
Went to the website and couldn't believe what I was reading.
Condolences to his wife and children.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:02 PM
hofer

Received 52 Likes on 26 Posts

RIP Todd, Condolences to all his family,
To all the ones reading here - enjoy the time you have at hand here, engaged with the ultimative hobby !
Life will always be too short for people like him !!
hofer
Old 08-25-2017, 04:08 PM
Jetpilot24
My Feedback: (21)

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

God speed Todd. Flying with the wings of Angels. God Bless his family.

Joe Lewis
Old 08-25-2017, 09:43 PM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been reflecting among my friends about Todd's passing and finally have decided to post my piece. Todd and I kind of formed a kindred spirit alliance/relationship that surpassed this silly RC thing 7 years ago when we both adopted little girls, our Marley being born on July the 6th 2010 and his little Erin being born 3 days later on July the 9th. 3 days apart but in a strange way it tied us together. Beyond the RC crap...our little girls always came up first...because as most of you know...our children are our everything.

Todd pretty much shamed us all when it came to Daddy duties...with his son and with his daughter...always putting them first and if you did not notice...always having a "kids" section at the shows full of inexpensive toys and trinkets for little kids. I never missed an opportunity to fill up a bag of gliders, parachute men and what ever else he had to bring home to Bobble Head to try to sharpen my daughters interest in aviation.

We go to Disney all the time and had always talked of getting the girls together at the parks but our schedules never matched up for a big day at the Mouse House and now I am saddened that we never pushed harder for a big family day. To be gone at 50 is a tragedy and one that will pain for eternity those that have been left behind. Love and cherish every day because you never know what is around the corner.

God Speed Todd...the world is now a lesser place but heaven gained an Angel who really knows how to fly!

Boli, Anne and Marley
Old 08-25-2017, 10:43 PM
paulsf86
My Feedback: (52)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Very sad to hear. Todd was a great asset to the hobby and his contributions will continue on. Such an insidious disease that no one or family should have to endure. Condolences to the family.

Paul and Pat S
House of Balsa, ZAP Western Region
Old 08-26-2017, 11:10 PM
DWChris

Originally Posted by bevar
I have been reflecting among my friends about Todd's passing and finally have decided to post my piece. Todd and I kind of formed a kindred spirit alliance/relationship that surpassed this silly RC thing 7 years ago when we both adopted little girls, our Marley being born on July the 6th 2010 and his little Erin being born 3 days later on July the 9th. 3 days apart but in a strange way it tied us together. Beyond the RC crap...our little girls always came up first...because as most of you know...our children are our everything.

Todd pretty much shamed us all when it came to Daddy duties...with his son and with his daughter...always putting them first and if you did not notice...always having a "kids" section at the shows full of inexpensive toys and trinkets for little kids. I never missed an opportunity to fill up a bag of gliders, parachute men and what ever else he had to bring home to Bobble Head to try to sharpen my daughters interest in aviation.

We go to Disney all the time and had always talked of getting the girls together at the parks but our schedules never matched up for a big day at the Mouse House and now I am saddened that we never pushed harder for a big family day. To be gone at 50 is a tragedy and one that will pain for eternity those that have been left behind. Love and cherish every day because you never know what is around the corner.

God Speed Todd...the world is now a lesser place but heaven gained an Angel who really knows how to fly!

Boli, Anne and Marley
Quit parking so close at KY Jets so we can park the dam trailer! Now everybody has to back up! Todd loved you man!
Old 08-29-2017, 10:39 PM
Kelly W
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I’m in shock. Having had to put jets on the back burner for the last 2 years or so, I just logged in to see what was going on - and came across this thread.

I never met Todd face to face, but I sure wish I had. I talked to him on the phone a few times, and the usual email discussion forum stuff. 2 things struck me about Todd:
(1) He was a customer focused business guy, working in a small market and relatively tough conditions. The wonderful people in Canada customs once ripped open a package I’d ordered, and a pack of hinges fell out before they taped it up again. Todd sent me a new set immediately, no cost – no shipping. It was only a few bucks, but the gesture was awesome. After that experience, my default hardware source was DreamWorks. If Todd didn’t sell the particular component I was looking for in a jet build, I’d look to see what he was selling because we all knew he’d done his homework…

(2) Todd was intelligent. I really admire people who know their stuff, and share that stuff… It takes a lot of that stuff for the loss of a single person to send ripples like this through a hobby.

Condolences to his family and friends. he was a really good guy.
Kelly W
Old 09-25-2017, 06:51 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

RC Jet Enthusiasts;

After reading all the above comments my heart is beyond overjoyed by how all of you have responded in regards to Todd. It's so nice to see that you all got to know the man who loved the hobby innovated and helped bring the RC Jet community to grow and expand for all to enjoy. He truly loved the hobby and enjoyed meeting his customers and sharing is knowledge of the hobby.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the kindness and support I have been given. Dreamworks was our dream, and although I haven't been in the "picture" per se, my goal is to keep my husbands, my dream alive.

With that being said, I along with the Dreamworks Team will continue to provide the latest innovations with in the hobby and to continue the great customer service you have all grown to trust and depend on.

Dreamworks Mobile will be at Georgia Jets.... See you there!

Best Regards,
Lisa Witkoff
Old 09-25-2017, 06:58 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I've bought two nice size orders since Todd's passing. I can assure all here that Lisa is running a tight ship over there and their service continues to be TOP NOTCH and FAST! Thanks Lisa for continuing to serve this hobby with your excellent customer service.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:13 AM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

Lovely sentiment Lisa! We’re all so sorry this happened to Todd and yourself and family both immediate and extended. Sometimes life tosses the most bitter lemons at us...
I am sure I speak for all of us in saying we’re glad you have decided to keep Todd’s “Dream” works alive...

Len
Old 09-25-2017, 11:04 AM
marc s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brilliant news, although I struggled to meet demand for some of my products and Todd had to opt for other products I fully welcome your continued focus to deliver a truly great service to the jet industry.

All the very best.

marcs