Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Xicoy new Bluetooth adaptor

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Xicoy new Bluetooth adaptor

Old 08-22-2017, 04:07 PM
emilsanto
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xicoy new Bluetooth adaptor

Hello
I was looking the Xicoy Bluetooth adaptor. my question has there been any issues of interference with radio equipment with theses .
thought I would ask before I considered buying one
thanks
Old 08-23-2017, 05:17 PM
rcflier53
My Feedback: (7)

Nope, mine works great and I've had zero problems with updating the software on my Mercury SRS and using it to edit some servo balancing. I don't keep it plugged into the Powerbox when flying either. Not sure if people do keep it hooked up, or if that's what you are asking. It runs of 2.4ghz bandwidth and could interfere with signals I suppose, so I just keep it in the shop or in my toolbox.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:17 PM
sc0tt
My Feedback: (61)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I assume the original question referred to any interference if left in the airframe when flying. Per the manual...
"Install the adapter in a place where it is not shielded by metallic objects or carbon fiber. The internal antenna is located below the “xicoy” logo. Also place it as far as possible from the receiver and its aerials. Bluetooth only works when the receiver (phone) is close to the device (10-20 meter) so will not transmit during flight, but always is recommendable to keep the receiver and antennas away from other electronic devices."
www.xicoy.com/downloads/BluetoothXicoy.pdf
I have one myself but have yet to use it, mainly just to monitor turbine start-up. Considering my RX and ant's are all forward, I was thinking of running a long extension to the tail for the bluetooth adapter. I was also hoping for more user feedback before actually installing and leaving it in during flight.

Last edited by sc0tt; 08-24-2017 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:01 PM
rcflier53
My Feedback: (7)

Oh man, my mistake. For some reason I thought we were talking about a bluecom adaptor. Disregard my post. Apparently, my reading skills are failing me fast..lol