Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Old 07-21-2020, 06:38 PM
Afterburners

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Aussie1
Nice, is that the old Naval airstrip where they used to make, I think F15’s?
No, this is a civilian/military airfield in Central Virginia. Only naval airsrtip we used to fly from was in Chesapeake Virginia(NALF Fentress) under the operational control of Naval Air station Oceana.
Old 07-22-2020, 12:38 AM
Aussie1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Afterburners
No, this is a civilian/military airfield in Central Virginia. Only naval airsrtip we used to fly from was in Chesapeake Virginia(NALF Fentress) under the operational control of Naval Air station Oceana.
Thanks Marty, I was in New York a couple of years ago, and I seem to remember that modelers could fly from a old airstrip where they used to make F14's, it was called Calverton Executive Airpark. Hard to beat flying off a full size runway!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calver...cutive_Airpark
Old 07-22-2020, 05:32 AM
Afterburners

Thanks Marty, I was in New York a couple of years ago, and I seem to remember that modelers could fly from a old airstrip where they used to make F14's, it was called Calverton Executive Airpark. Hard to beat flying off a full size runway!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calver...cutive_Airpark
Yes, nothing beats it. Thats why it was worth the trip to my previous place of residence and see friends as well as getting in the maiden of the Mini and F-16. Grumman had a number of locations out on Long Island before they left NY in '94.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:12 AM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm so jealous of these fields! I lived in VA for years, where is this field? -Tom
Old 07-23-2020, 08:37 AM
Afterburners

Originally Posted by Tip22v
I'm so jealous of these fields! I lived in VA for years, where is this field? -Tom
PM Sent.
Old 08-17-2020, 03:59 PM
dwhorn
My Feedback: (28)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Lost my T-1 Friday. Total loss, nothing left. She went down in 8 feet tall corn and took us 10 minutes to locate. Fire was
so hot there was popcorn on the ground. Downwind leg with gear down and nose down ,Airspeed was good. Started to
lower flaps and she rolled over to the right and went straight. We think the right flap failed to come down. Heartbreaking
loss. Was a good flying bird.

Old 08-17-2020, 04:19 PM
Afterburners

Wow, sorry to see that.
Old 08-17-2020, 04:30 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Wow, sorry to see that.
+1, man that sucks...

Any pics of the popcorn?

We just lost 2 - 1/5 F-16’s at our field. Same thing total loss just burned to nothing.. Same day, within 2 hours of each other. After the second one a lot of us just packed our stuff up...

Old 08-17-2020, 05:03 PM
dwhorn

Originally Posted by camss69
+1, man that sucks...

Any pics of the popcorn?

We just lost 2 - 1/5 F-16’s at our field. Same thing total loss just burned to nothing.. Same day, within 2 hours of each other. After the second one a lot of us just packed our stuff up...

Bad weekend for jets!
Old 08-17-2020, 05:24 PM
Aussie1

Originally Posted by dwhorn
Bad weekend for jets!
Wow, sorry for your loss! I lost my Skymaster Viper when a flap servo went full down on one side and locked, even got the whole thing on onboard video!! Turbine jets seem to not leave much left when a fireball is involved.

Old 08-17-2020, 05:36 PM
dwhorn

Wow, sorry for your loss! I lost my Skymaster Viper when a flap servo went full down on one side and locked, even got the whole thing on onboard video!! Turbine jets seem to not leave much left when a fireball is involved.

'

Beautiful bird. I have a Jet Legend Viper and luv it. Repaint this winter and I like the hi vis scheme. Sorry for your loss.
Old 08-17-2020, 06:21 PM
Tip22v

So sorry to hear about these losses.
Old 08-17-2020, 09:10 PM
Randy Smith

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow..... I am just speechless about all the losses above. I have not [yet] experienced one. I guess when we play with fire, we may get burned.

R
Old 08-20-2020, 04:31 PM
Afterburners

Wow, just saw these last two posts. I guess I shouldn't feel so bad now. Last week I flew my Sebart Mini avanti and when landing the wing caught a vent pipe(we fly on a landfill). We had some crosswind from behind pushing us out but I thought I was closer in than I was. Anyway after that the crosswind calmed down so I decided to fly the Mini T-one. That landing went awry and I went through our pvc fences that run along the flight line. Had two major cracks around the fuse and damage to both wings as well as a bent nose gear pin( Great that T-one put a replacement pin and bushing in the parts bag) . The body work is just about done on the T-one but when looking at the Mini Avanti, I realized I need some gear parts and that's why I'm posting.

I've been looking for JP parts and it seems most of the sellers of parts are in Hong Kong and I'm wondering if that's where most of you get parts? I can't seem to find any U.S. resellers that have parts, not just complete retract sets.
Old 08-20-2020, 04:42 PM
Aussie1

Wow, just saw these last two posts. I guess I shouldn't feel so bad now. Last week I flew my Sebart Mini avanti and when landing the wing caught a vent pipe(we fly on a landfill). We had some crosswind from behind pushing us out but I thought I was closer in than I was. Anyway after that the crosswind calmed down so I decided to fly the Mini T-one. That landing went awry and I went through our pvc fences that run along the flight line. Had two major cracks around the fuse and damage to both wings as well as a bent nose gear pin( Great that T-one put a replacement pin and bushing in the parts bag) . The body work is just about done on the T-one but when looking at the Mini Avanti, I realized I need some gear parts and that's why I'm posting.

I've been looking for JP parts and it seems most of the sellers of parts are in Hong Kong and I'm wondering if that's where most of you get parts? I can't seem to find any U.S. resellers that have parts, not just complete retract sets.
I have bought alot of gear through Aliexpress and found them great to deal with. They have a massive selection of gear so maybe check them out. https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32330666743.html
Old 08-20-2020, 04:47 PM
Afterburners

I have bought alot of gear through Aliexpress and found them great to deal with. They have a massive selection of gear so maybe check them out. https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32330666743.html
Thanks!
Old 09-15-2020, 07:17 AM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Sky
So is it normal for dirk at pacific r/c to not respond to e-mails, I ordered a T-1 mini fortune the first of june with a expected ship date of the end of june, we are now at the end of july and nothing yet. I have tried to e-mail him several times for some sort of update on the status and i never here back from him, getting a little pissed at this point. I own my own business and when a customer request info, I'm on it asap, what's the deal with him
Did you ever get your jet? You weren't the only one that had to wait. Some waited almost a year! It was a shipping issue due to covid.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:57 AM
camss69

Originally Posted by bodywerks
Did you ever get your jet? You weren't the only one that had to wait. Some waited almost a year! It was a shipping issue due to covid.
Longest wait time since the whole COVID deal is about 8-9 months but that was a pretty short window planes were taking that long. Currently as I’ve heard from Dirk the factory is “caught up” and taking approx 8 weeks which is the “normal” wait time. Shipping is currently the issue as they can basically ship a plane a day because that’s all UPS will pick up from the factory. Some days UPS won’t pick up any planes. If you call or text Dirk that’s the quickest way to get a hold of him. Emails sometimes he takes a week or longer to respond.
The following users liked this post:
bodywerks (09-15-2020)
Old 09-15-2020, 02:29 PM
Big Sky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bodywerks
Yes I did
Old 09-29-2020, 07:33 AM
Big Sky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know what landing gear the t-1 mini uses and where to get them? They look like JP retracts and oleo's to me, but not sure.
Old 09-29-2020, 08:22 AM
Afterburners

Anyone know what landing gear the t-1 mini uses and where to get them? They look like JP retracts and oleo's to me, but not sure.
Ordered some spare parts from here. Only site I found that lists all the individual parts. Was waiting for a certain part they didn't have in stock but my full order shipped yesterday(from France) and is out for delivery today..

https://www.turbines-rc.com/en/strut...fast_search=fs
Old 09-29-2020, 10:37 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

The retract might be available from Pacific Jet (JP set)

A better option is the Electron set, available from JagRC in the USA
Old 09-29-2020, 10:37 AM
Tip22v

If you are looking for the whole set try Dirk at Pacific RC Jets.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:48 AM
Randy Smith

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The T1 Mini uses JP retracts ER-120. See link here:
https://www.turbines-rc.com/en/strut...-optional.html
Old 09-29-2020, 10:55 AM
camss69

I agree with Dansy, if you have to buy a complete set of retracts get the Electrons.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.