Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

iGyro SRS Flight recorder with Futaba?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

iGyro SRS Flight recorder with Futaba?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 02:34 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default iGyro SRS Flight recorder with Futaba?

Does anyone know what these terms mean in relation to Futaba FASST when using Powerbox iGyro SRS with multiple receivers plugged in?

Antenna Fades?
Lost Frames?
Holds?

See attached
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	frames.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	2240186  
Old 10-06-2017, 06:34 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

A Fade is when a Rxer did not get a complete packet and the Rxer system switched to another Rxer. Looks like you do not have a Rxer in #2 or #2 has a problem. If you see something like 600 fades in one Rxer and 50-150 in the others, then you may want to reposition the Rxer with the high # of fades. Unless you do not have a Rxer in #2, you need to figure out why is #2 not showing any data? I never use < 3 Remotes. That way you can position them so at all times at least one Rxer has its antennas polarized the same as the transmitter. Cross polarization theoretically = 97% signal loss. Some transmitters have two antennas polarized differently. But not all do.

A frame loss is when all of the Rxers missed getting a packet That is actually an indicator of potential problems. If I see a Frame Loss, I fly closer or find another smoking gun.. With only two Rxers you are more at risk for a hold than with three or four Rxers.

It takes 40+ frame losses in a row to get a hold. Even one hold is a serious problem. You may lose the aircraft.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:01 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks Len. To double confirm this is with futaba, not spektrum?