Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Disappointed

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Disappointed

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 05:42 PM
rcflyguy_26
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disappointed

I have talked to a lot of jets guys in my area and they all said how uplifting and supportive the jet community is.
Here lately it seems to be the same B.S. as giant aerobats on the threads.
Who cares what you fly... do it safe... have fun...

Scott
Old 10-27-2017, 05:50 PM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

Scott,

It is the same as any forum. Guys you meet face to face are almost always going to be more well behaved than some of the keyboard jockeys. Almost of the giant scale and jet guys I hang with are great. I just got my waiver last year so I am still getting the jet groove and I get help all the time.

Another thing is that in person you can see a guy with a foamy turbine that just started out and maybe not take his advice on your $15K model.... but on the internet they can come off as experienced and give bad advice.

You will notice if you hang here that it is the same 15 or so guys that try to wreck it... just use the ignore function and you will get less frustrated!

But don't lose the knowledge sharing and camaraderie of a good forum because of a small number of drama-lovers....
Old 10-28-2017, 04:21 AM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rcflyguy_26
I have talked to a lot of jets guys in my area and they all said how uplifting and supportive the jet community is.
Here lately it seems to be the same B.S. as giant aerobats on the threads.
Who cares what you fly... do it safe... have fun...

Scott
Scott, you have several cool Jet pilots around you. seek those guys out over the winter and when flying season starts up again. When I first started flying jets 12 years ago, thats what I did.. most of them are still my friends, Most of my good friends are from this hobby..
Old 10-28-2017, 10:40 AM
Andrew Bird

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AEROSHELDON
Scott,

It is the same as any forum. Guys you meet face to face are almost always going to be more well behaved than some of the keyboard jockeys. Almost of the giant scale and jet guys I hang with are great. I just got my waiver last year so I am still getting the jet groove and I get help all the time.

Another thing is that in person you can see a guy with a foamy turbine that just started out and maybe not take his advice on your $15K model.... but on the internet they can come off as experienced and give bad advice.

You will notice if you hang here that it is the same 15 or so guys that try to wreck it... just use the ignore function and you will get less frustrated!

But don't lose the knowledge sharing and camaraderie of a good forum because of a small number of drama-lovers....
Good point! I also suspect the most vocal of negative posters on here do far more posting than flying
Old 10-28-2017, 11:27 AM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a wise old saying that "Empty barrels make the most noise".

The people on here who yell the most have the least to offer.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:06 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

If your post is gone consider it your warning not to do it again.

Replies removed to keep the thread on topic.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.