Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

** Digitech Central Telemetric Unit for Jeti **

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

** Digitech Central Telemetric Unit for Jeti **

Old 09-12-2020, 05:47 PM
Airman98
My Feedback: (9)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Im running basically the setup that your using, a cb400 controlling two turbines with two ctu. Mine works great but like you it did take some work to sort it all out. One thing that helped was that I had setup one on a single first so kind of had a idea what to do going into the twin setup. Cannot help with your problem but I'm sure someone will know what's going on. But just stick with it, You will get it sorted out
Old 09-12-2020, 08:17 PM
Daveeast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Use the Single dashboard that works fine.

D
Old 09-12-2020, 08:18 PM
Daveeast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Use those settings then as this is related to fuel tanks and flow

D
Old 09-13-2020, 12:45 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill View Post
Look at post #419. You can see the firmware version is 1.0 on both of them.

So, this is what I have done so far.

1. Hook up kingtech G4 ecu to ecu input of CTU

2. Hook up CTU (master) receiver to Ext 1 on my CB 400

3. Hook up CTU (slave 1) receiver to Ext 2 on my CB 400 -> this was NOT obvious and I had to change my cb 400 to ex-bus input on ext 1 and 2. And making 2 CTU's show up on device explore was NOT easy. I had to connect each CTU individually and make the second one "slave 1" with the first one disconnected. Then, 2 separate CTU's showed up
under device explorer.

4. Finally figured out how to update the CTU's from downloading and unzipping "Firmware Lua Full 1.7-2.0 firmware 1.0.zip" THIS IS NOT CLEARLY APPARENT as the file to
download from digitech's website to update firmware and get the LUA files.

When I updated one CTU, the firmware gets deleted from the micro SD card, so you have to remember to do that. THIS IS NOT MENTIONED ANYWHERE except earlier on this
thread by LAjetguy. Thanks to him, I was able to go back and see that the second CTU did not get updated, as the firmware indeed disappeared from the micro SD card.

5. Turned on my DS-24 and I can see telemetry from "CTU" and "CTU1". I'm assuming "CTU1" is the slave. This should not be an assumption, I should clearly see "master" and "slave1".

6. Opened up "CTU Lua Twin" from my applications and see the above error.

7. Go to "displayed telemetry" and pick LUA and I get the big blank screen above.

Please forgive my frustration, but I am frustrated. All these steps were pretty much 1-2 hours to go through each and I get nothing.

The only thing I have not done, is do the "learn RC" for the turbines.

I'll take any help I can get.

Thank you!

you can name both CTU to whatever you want to name them , you can do this with any sensor in a jeti..
for the CTU themselves it needs to be set to 1 master.
as for connection you can hook 2 ctu,s together no need for many spare ports. set one port to EX and hook the other CTU to it.
even better you can use the other one as a throttle channel also basicly needing one EX port to control; and monitor 2 turbines.
as for the LUA scripts these are as is and we dont support them.
but help is just a email away...
mak sure your root of apps contains : digitech folder with all files.
and in the root of apps is the ctu.lua and the ctu-twin.lua
if yes then all should work.
if you upgrade a ctu with the SD card the file WILL disapear if the upgrade was succesfull.
always nice to leave a clean card after use ;-).
also there is no need to get frustrated ,there is a ton of help in this section.
and you can messenger me , whatsapp me , call me , mail me , facebook support groups and and and..
as for the manual yes its old and obsolete and needs a rework, i agree for that i apologize,
must i can tell you for sure , all works as it should.

br Sandor
The following users liked this post:
Carsten Groen (09-13-2020)
Old 09-13-2020, 02:57 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 143 Likes on 130 Posts

Look at post #419. You can see the firmware version is 1.0 on both of them.

So, this is what I have done so far.

1. Hook up kingtech G4 ecu to ecu input of CTU

2. Hook up CTU (master) receiver to Ext 1 on my CB 400

3. Hook up CTU (slave 1) receiver to Ext 2 on my CB 400 -> this was NOT obvious and I had to change my cb 400 to ex-bus input on ext 1 and 2. And making 2 CTU's show up on device explore was NOT easy. I had to connect each CTU individually and make the second one "slave 1" with the first one disconnected. Then, 2 separate CTU's showed up
under device explorer.

4. Finally figured out how to update the CTU's from downloading and unzipping "Firmware Lua Full 1.7-2.0 firmware 1.0.zip" THIS IS NOT CLEARLY APPARENT as the file to
download from digitech's website to update firmware and get the LUA files.

When I updated one CTU, the firmware gets deleted from the micro SD card, so you have to remember to do that. THIS IS NOT MENTIONED ANYWHERE except earlier on this
thread by LAjetguy. Thanks to him, I was able to go back and see that the second CTU did not get updated, as the firmware indeed disappeared from the micro SD card.

5. Turned on my DS-24 and I can see telemetry from "CTU" and "CTU1". I'm assuming "CTU1" is the slave. This should not be an assumption, I should clearly see "master" and "slave1".

6. Opened up "CTU Lua Twin" from my applications and see the above error.

7. Go to "displayed telemetry" and pick LUA and I get the big blank screen above.

Please forgive my frustration, but I am frustrated. All these steps were pretty much 1-2 hours to go through each and I get nothing.

The only thing I have not done, is do the "learn RC" for the turbines.

I'll take any help I can get.

Thank you!
The first thing I normally do is RC learning for the motor, that way I can do some test, with just inducing cooling....and seeing RPM raise.

All the questions were answer by Sandor.......so you should be good to go, it would more frustrating to me to do that camouflage paint job of yours.... 😂
Old 09-13-2020, 05:29 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by digitech View Post
you can name both CTU to whatever you want to name them , you can do this with any sensor in a jeti..
for the CTU themselves it needs to be set to 1 master.
as for connection you can hook 2 ctu,s together no need for many spare ports. set one port to EX and hook the other CTU to it.
even better you can use the other one as a throttle channel also basicly needing one EX port to control; and monitor 2 turbines.
as for the LUA scripts these are as is and we dont support them.
but help is just a email away...
mak sure your root of apps contains : digitech folder with all files.
and in the root of apps is the ctu.lua and the ctu-twin.lua
if yes then all should work.
if you upgrade a ctu with the SD card the file WILL disapear if the upgrade was succesfull.
always nice to leave a clean card after use ;-).
also there is no need to get frustrated ,there is a ton of help in this section.
and you can messenger me , whatsapp me , call me , mail me , facebook support groups and and and..
as for the manual yes its old and obsolete and needs a rework, i agree for that i apologize,
must i can tell you for sure , all works as it should.

br Sandor
Hi Sandor!

Thank you for the reply. Yes, please let me call you! Can you PM me your phone number (I’m in the US, are you in the Netherlands? I don’t want to call you at a weird hour)

I am still confused if I downloaded the right thing!

And I’ve moved everything over to my apps folder on my DS-24.

From these pics, you can see there are a few files that are a bit confusing, like “Jeti firmware 1.0” and “Firmware full Lua...”

And yes Dansy, that camo scheme was difficult too! LOL

Old 09-13-2020, 07:41 AM
ravill

I did the “learn RC” on my engines and retried seeing if I could get the dashboards to work. I was able to get the single CTU dashboard to work and it looks beautiful! But (and it’s a huge but) I don’t know which turbine it is showing information for! And, it only shows one turbine! Doh!

And I still get this error when I try to run the twin ctu dashboard.

Last edited by ravill; 09-13-2020 at 12:30 PM. Reason: spell check
Old 09-13-2020, 07:52 AM
ravill

And does it matter that the ECU setting is kingtech G2/3, as there is no G4 option on the ctu through the dashboard?

Last edited by ravill; 09-13-2020 at 08:00 AM.
Old 09-13-2020, 09:41 AM
causeitflies

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

And does it matter that the ECU setting is kingtech G2/3, as there is no G4 option on the ctu through the dashboard?
Give one engine a spin and check the RPM or use a heat gun on one and check the temp to see which one is showing.
G3 and G4 are the same, both use the same GSU.
Old 09-13-2020, 09:46 AM
Dansy

Did you connect the second CTU into the Master CTU? If so make sure the port is set to EXBus.....

when you refresh the sensor page do you see 2? If yes spin (the master engine) looking at RPM on the Master in the sensor page....

What do you see the device?
Old 09-13-2020, 12:09 PM
ravill

Originally Posted by causeitflies View Post
Give one engine a spin and check the RPM or use a heat gun on one and check the temp to see which one is showing.
G3 and G4 are the same, both use the same GSU.
Thank you for the ECU clarification.

And the one engine that shows up is when I run the non twin CTU LUA application. As my A-10 has 2 engines, it's pretty useless unfortunately. I need to be able to use the twin LUA, which only gives me the blank screen as above.
Old 09-13-2020, 12:11 PM
ravill

Originally Posted by Dansy View Post
Did you connect the second CTU into the Master CTU? If so make sure the port is set to EXBus.....

when you refresh the sensor page do you see 2? If yes spin (the master engine) looking at RPM on the Master in the sensor page....

What do you see the device?
The CTU’s are connected in EXT 1 and EXT 2 respectively and both are set to ex bus.

This is what I see in device explorer, this looks like it should.
Old 09-13-2020, 12:11 PM
ravill

Old 09-13-2020, 02:57 PM
Dansy

Dumb question.....did you open both of these and programmed them...then do a save before exciting....

if you see them it should work......also you may want to try with the CTU-Twin in the Jeti studio...

do both the red and bleu light flashes on them?
Old 09-13-2020, 03:36 PM
ravill

Dumb question.....did you open both of these and programmed them...then do a save before exciting....

if you see them it should work......also you may want to try with the CTU-Twin in the Jeti studio...

do both the red and bleu light flashes on them?

Yes, I programmed the correct kingtech G2/3 ecu, made one master and the other slave 1, imperial units and saved all new parameters.

CTU-Twin in the jeti studio?! Now that's interesting. How do I do that?

Both the red and blue lights flash on both CTU's.
Old 09-13-2020, 03:55 PM
Dansy

If they flash bleu red...that means it working fine....so I guess is with the app...

in studio you should see the app after you connect the TX to the computer...
Old 09-13-2020, 05:53 PM
ravill

If they flash bleu red...that means it working fine....so I guess is with the app...

in studio you should see the app after you connect the TX to the computer...
Hmm...

Does anyone know who the designer of the app is? I know Sandor posted his name earlier, but I can't find an email for him.
Old 09-13-2020, 07:33 PM
ravill

I pm'd ww2birds. I hope he can help me.
Old 09-14-2020, 04:21 AM
Dansy

Hmm...

Does anyone know who the designer of the app is? I know Sandor posted his name earlier, but I can't find an email for him.
The twin-ctu is the app, that I used and work fine on my DC-24....and I also used Kingtech....so there just something not correct in the setup, just can put my finger on it from here......

Will see if I can pull one of my ecu out to do a test setup of twin ctu......let me know if you get this to work before I do all this...
Old 09-14-2020, 07:44 AM
ravill

I tried calling Sandor last night at 9:30 am Netherlands time, but the phone rang and rang and there was no answer.

I’ll try email next.

So after deleting the LUA applications (ctu and ctu twin)from my screen on my DS and then reloading them, I was able to get something to display for the twin lua and somehow the error disappeared from the ctu twin Lua. The problem is that there is no information now. My next try will be to disconnect the ctu’s from the cb400 and reloading them?
Old 09-14-2020, 07:47 AM
ravill

Thank you Dansy, let me struggle for a little more. I really appreciate your help, any help!

When I try to just use the telemetry from the CTU, I try to see the “ctu state” and all I see are numbers. This doesn’t say “trim low, burner on, running...etc...” How can I see that those states via the ctu telemetry without the LUA apps?

Last edited by ravill; 09-14-2020 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:48 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

When I try to just use the telemetry from the CTU, I try to see the “ctu state” and all I see are numbers. This doesn’t say “trim low, burner on, running...etc...” How can I see that ok just the ctu telemetry without the LUA apps?
You can't
The values from the telemetry sensors are "just" numbers, the CTU state will be decoded by the CTU LUA app to be "human readable"
Old 09-14-2020, 08:05 AM
Dansy

I tried calling Sandor last night at 9:30 am Netherlands time, but the phone rang and rang and there was no answer.

I’ll try email next.

So after deleting the LUA applications (ctu and ctu twin)from my screen on my DS and then reloading them, I was able to get something to display for the twin lua and somehow the error disappeared from the ctu twin Lua. The problem is that there is no information now. My next try will be to disconnect the ctu’s from the cb400 and reloading them?
‘Just refresh the sensor page....the check the device page and make sure they are programmed correctly, right now they don’t seem to either be connected to program for Kingtech....

i know you did that before but verify everything...
Old 09-14-2020, 10:05 AM
ravill

Hmm, I tried refreshing.

The ctu is putting out telemetry, but the LUA dash board is still blank.

Both CTU are set for Kingtech G2/G3

Old 09-14-2020, 11:29 AM
ravill

Ok, I erased all the files and then redownloaded all the files to the apps folder on my ds-24.

Powercycled and still, nothing on the LUA.

I wonder if this is interesting though...under System settings on the CTU’s through device explorer, the “Frames/CRC error RX” number keeps getting bigger and bigger on both CTU’s.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.