Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

** Digitech Central Telemetric Unit for Jeti **

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

** Digitech Central Telemetric Unit for Jeti **

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2020, 11:33 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill

Ok, I erased all the files and then redownloaded all the files to the apps folder on my ds-24.

Powercycled and still, nothing on the LUA.

I wonder if this is interesting though...under System settings on the CTU’s through device explorer, the “Frames/CRC error RX” number keeps getting bigger and bigger on both CTU’s.
actually this is perfect / as you can see left column is number of frames / right collumn are the error frames wich are 0 ;-).
you might try Facebook support i just answered your PM
Old 09-14-2020, 11:36 AM
digitech

is there any chance you share screenshots of your Sensor screen?
i have this suspission that its full with none existing sensors..
please connect all of them , click rescan sensors (refresh) and when it whows both CTU .
go into application and restart (cycle) lua scripts...
Old 09-14-2020, 11:41 AM
digitech

I tried calling Sandor last night at 9:30 am Netherlands time, but the phone rang and rang and there was no answer.

I’ll try email next.

So after deleting the LUA applications (ctu and ctu twin)from my screen on my DS and then reloading them, I was able to get something to display for the twin lua and somehow the error disappeared from the ctu twin Lua. The problem is that there is no information now. My next try will be to disconnect the ctu’s from the cb400 and reloading them?

yes sorry about that.. im getting a lot of Calls from all over the world 99% are spoof calls from microsoft engineers warnig me about a error and want my details.
so i kinda let it ring when i see a phone number outside EU.
i didnt get your email.
however i did received your |Friend request and pm on facebook. and answered it..
you can always whatsapp me : +31454059000 its a business whatsapp account
goes a hell of a lot faster
or facebook support group so others can also have a look.
i cant be everywhere, sorry..
Old 09-14-2020, 01:25 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Sandor and I just spent some time FB messaging.

We will get to the bottom of this!
Old 09-14-2020, 05:16 PM
ravill

As I live and breathe. And now, have a beer.

Sandor, the “old” file of “ctutwin” is the LUA file that works.

I thought I was crazy. I mean, I likely am. My psychiatrist tells me I’m crazy, but I could not get that damn LUA to work no matter what I did.

Until I just tried that old ctu twin Lua file you sent me. And then, it was like a seat at Prez Putin’s table, the shangrila as it were!

Last edited by ravill; 09-15-2020 at 04:42 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ravill:
camss69 (12-16-2020), CraigG (09-15-2020)
Old 09-14-2020, 09:26 PM
digitech

As I live and breath. And now, have a beer.

Sandor, the “old” file of “ctutwin” is the LUA file that works.

I thought I was crazy. I mean, I likely am. My psychiatrist tells me I’m crazy, but I could not get that damn LUA to work no matter what I did.

Until I just tried that old ctu twin Lua file you sent me. And then, it was like a table at Prez Putin’s table, the shangrila as it were!
hahahaha cool picture.
ok we will have a look into the LUA luckely i kept the old one...
will replace it on line.
sorry for this , but the twin is not used a lot .
Old 09-15-2020, 12:54 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Happy you got it working Now, the funny thing is this screen, try and get something just remotely similar to this on ANY other transmitter brand than Jeti, even those that claim "we are the best transmitter in the world" (even with a slight German accent), it really just makes one laugh.....
The following 2 users liked this post by Carsten Groen:
CraigG (09-15-2020), Dansy (09-15-2020)
Old 09-15-2020, 04:49 AM
ravill

Yes, that is one cool feature. I was hoping I could get it to work!!

Now I wonder why the “new” Lua app doesn’t work for me?

Other folks are using the new Lua with their twins, right?
Old 09-15-2020, 05:06 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Yes, that is one cool feature. I was hoping I could get it to work!!

Now I wonder why the “new” Lua app doesn’t work for me?

Other folks are using the new Lua with their twins, right?
Actually I’m using the old one as well......I never ever update my TX, RX or anything else during the flying season...unless there’s a major flaw in the software...simply because Jeti has been a mature system for a while now.....unlike we I first got my first DC-16.....

I do get warning when I look into the CTU, but none of the changes do anything more then I’m using.
Old 11-25-2020, 12:45 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, I'm trying to setup a CTU and I'm having problems. I can select the CTU in device explorer, set the ECU type to Kingtech G2/G3, fuel capacity, etc, etc.. That all works just fine. The problem is I get no valid telemetry values displayed on the transmitter. Status reads a fixed value and doesn't change based on the turbine being armed, etc, ECU bat Voltage reads 0,etc. No useful information is displayed. I thought I remembered thre was an issue when using a Jeti Assist receiver, and since I'm using a REX12A Assist I decided to temporarily replace it with an R3 and with the R3, everything works perfectly. I noticed the manual says you need a special firmware in the CTU when using an Assist but I can't find that firmware but I did find a post on RCU saying that was no longer an issue with the latest Assist firmware. The problem is, I AM using the latest Assist firmware (V1.12) and it still doesn't work with the Assist. I have port E1 configured for EX Bus (not input / standby receiver or any of that nonsense) and it shows up in device explorer and I can talk to it there just fine, but there is no telemetry...What gives? Any suggestions ?
Old 11-25-2020, 12:52 PM
Dansy

Wayne try this.....unconnected the CTU from the ECU and power the RX once it’s online connect the CTU back into the GSU port....

I was the first one to used the assist and I had to did this, and I advised them they made one that worked...
Old 11-25-2020, 01:29 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
Wayne try this.....unconnected the CTU from the ECU and power the RX once it’s online connect the CTU back into the GSU port....

I was the first one to used the assist and I had to did this, and I advised them they made one that worked...
Daniel,

Thanks for the suggestion I did try that and unfortunately it didn't fix it.. However I noticed that the CTU firmware was version V0.97 so I updated it to V1.0 that is on Digitechs website and it's working now without any other changes.. Not sure if V1.0 has something for the Assist receivers in it or what but as long as it works properly, I don't really care.. Just glad it seems to be working now..
Thanks again for the suggestion,,

Wayne

Old 11-25-2020, 02:20 PM
Dansy

I taught they fix it...with assist it was a timeout took too for the CTU to come alive....signal was timeout..

Glad it work, great piece of kit..
Old 12-16-2020, 02:47 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Carsten,
Will the CTUs work the new Xicoy X-45, X-90, and X120 turbines for telemetry and fuel used? In the photos of the X-45 Light adaptor it looks like a standard servo plug goes into the data port. Is there any special adaptor needed?
Thanks,
Gary

Last edited by Viper1GJ; 12-16-2020 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-17-2020, 11:01 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper1GJ
Carsten,
Will the CTUs work the new Xicoy X-45, X-90, and X120 turbines for telemetry and fuel used? In the photos of the X-45 Light adaptor it looks like a standard servo plug goes into the data port. Is there any special adaptor needed?
Thanks,
Gary
I don’t think so!,

Old 12-17-2020, 11:06 PM
Carsten Groen

Carsten,
Thanks,
Gary
Gary,
not sure! It all depends on if the telemetry protocol has been changed on the ECU (which very well could be). The Xicoy adapters (so far) connects to the 3 pin ("servo type connector") on the CTU. If anyone tries this, I would very much like to hear the result. I do not unfortunately. have one of the new ECU's
Old 12-18-2020, 01:19 AM
digitech

Originally Posted by Carsten Groen
Gary,
not sure! It all depends on if the telemetry protocol has been changed on the ECU (which very well could be). The Xicoy adapters (so far) connects to the 3 pin ("servo type connector") on the CTU. If anyone tries this, I would very much like to hear the result. I do not unfortunately. have one of the new ECU's
of what i heard is that the designer changes firmware more often then his underwear.
i guess they want to make sure , you can,t use a CTU with a Xicoy.
only thing we can do is get a newer ecu and see what changed again.
sorry about this.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:26 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by digitech
of what i heard is that the designer changes firmware more often then his underwear.
i guess they want to make sure , you can,t use a CTU with a Xicoy.
only thing we can do is get a newer ecu and see what changed again.
sorry about this.
My experience is that Xicoy ECU with green MPX connections (older fw) work perfectly... the new Xicoy ECU with yellow XT connectors (new fiw) will not work
Old 12-19-2020, 05:36 PM
Viper1GJ

Looks like the only way now is to use the Xicoy telemetry module for Jeti. It will give the basics for starting and fuel remaining during flight. Just can't use the cool Lua display for the CTU. Hopefully Digitech can get an update soon for the new Xicoy turbines.
Gary
Old 12-20-2020, 12:05 AM
Carsten Groen

Yes, sorry about that Gary! If and when I get the info, I will gladly implement it in the CTU for sure!
Carsten
The following users liked this post:
Viper1GJ (12-20-2020)
Old 12-20-2020, 06:55 AM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts

Gary,

I've been working on a LUA app to display all the important Xicoy ECU data in a simple 2-line box. It works for any number of Xicoy ECU telemetry adaptors and can automatically display either a single or twin engine set-up.

I've been flying with my Fuel Remaining LUA script for years and I have combined it with the ECU status into one app. Fuel remaining provides multiple selectable audio alarms and displays in actual units (Floz or Ml), rather than % which I find much more intuitive.

All I'm waiting for to finish this is the de-coder file from Gaspar on what each of the ECU Status numbers mean. I've worked a few of them out. The Xicoy.jsn file provided with the CTU does not provide the correct decode, at least for the current XT30 connector style ECUs that came with my Merlin 100 motors this week.

I have a couple of older telemetry adaptors and they do not transmit ECU Status, but my 2 new ones are labeled as 'Telemetry 6' and they do provide it. Gaspar says that they can be updated to the latest version. All the remaining info apart from the status message still works with older telemetry adaptors.

It's not as glitzy as the CTU displays, but as you only look at the display when you are on the ground, this fits my needs. I can still have flight timer and antenna/ signal quality displayed at the same time without changing pages.

Paul
The following users liked this post:
patf (12-21-2020)
Old 12-20-2020, 02:39 PM
Viper1GJ

Nice Paul! I wanted to try an X-45 in one of my foamy conversions and was wanting to use the CTU as I do with the K-45. I will just have to wait for aaU update.
Gary
Old 12-22-2020, 11:20 PM
Gaspar

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JSF-TC
Gary,

I've been working on a LUA app to display all the important Xicoy ECU data in a simple 2-line box. It works for any number of Xicoy ECU telemetry adaptors and can automatically display either a single or twin engine set-up.

I've been flying with my Fuel Remaining LUA script for years and I have combined it with the ECU status into one app. Fuel remaining provides multiple selectable audio alarms and displays in actual units (Floz or Ml), rather than % which I find much more intuitive.

All I'm waiting for to finish this is the de-coder file from Gaspar on what each of the ECU Status numbers mean. I've worked a few of them out. The Xicoy.jsn file provided with the CTU does not provide the correct decode, at least for the current XT30 connector style ECUs that came with my Merlin 100 motors this week.

I have a couple of older telemetry adaptors and they do not transmit ECU Status, but my 2 new ones are labeled as 'Telemetry 6' and they do provide it. Gaspar says that they can be updated to the latest version. All the remaining info apart from the status message still works with older telemetry adaptors.

It's not as glitzy as the CTU displays, but as you only look at the display when you are on the ground, this fits my needs. I can still have flight timer and antenna/ signal quality displayed at the same time without changing pages.

Paul
Hi Paul,

could not find any request from you in my inbox, but here you have the list.

Status 0 = "TempHigh"
Status 1 = "Trim Low"
Status 2 = "SetIdle!"
Status 3 = "Ready "
Status 4 = "Ignition"
Status 5 = "FuelRamp"
Status 6 = "GlowTest"
Status 7 = "Running "
Status 8 = "Stop "
Status 9 = "FlameOut"
Status 10 = "SpeedLow"
Status 11 = "Cooling "
Status 12 = "IgntrBad"
Status 13 = "StarterF"
Status 14 = "Weak Gas"
Status 15 = "Start On"
Status 16 = "User Off"
Status 17 = "Failsafe"
Status 18 = "Low RPM "
Status 19 = "Reset "
Status 20 = "RxPwFail"
Status 21 = "Pre Heat"
Status 22 = "Battery!"
Status 23 = "Time Out"
Status 24 = "Overload"
Status 25 = "Ign.Fail"
Status 26 = "BurnerOn"
Status 27 = "Starting"
Status 28 = "SwitchOv"
Status 29 = "Cal.Pump"
Status 30 = "PumpLimi"
Status 31 = "NoEngine"
Status 32 = "PwrBoost"
Status 33 = "Run-Idle"
Status 34 = "Run-Max "
Status 35 = "Restart "
Status 36 = "Error "

Gaspar
Old 12-23-2020, 03:26 AM
Viper1GJ

Originally Posted by Gaspar
...... here you have the list.
Gaspar
Hi Gaspar
Is this the information that is needed to update the CTU to work with the new Xicoy turbines?
Thanks, Gary
Old 12-23-2020, 03:28 AM
Carsten Groen

Hi Gaspar
Is this the information that is needed to update the CTU to work with the new Xicoy turbines?
Thanks, Gary
No. For that to work, I need to know how the format of data from the ECU is.
(would be nice if Gaspar would reveal that )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.