Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Lord, God, someone help us.....

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Lord, God, someone help us.....

Old 05-11-2018, 07:37 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 79 Likes on 69 Posts

mike,aka "vanilla ice", it is just that mac yer using.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:42 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is really unfortunate for DW. They said they switched to a new ecommerce platform because their credit card processor wasn’t able to process payments through the old site. They would have been better off switching credit card providers or just using PayPal until they got the new site online and properly vetted.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:14 PM
DrV
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting that it works for some and not for others. I had no problems finding what I needed. Works well. Using Firefox on Win 10.
Old 05-12-2018, 06:46 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Logged today. I wanted to search for Jet Central products. If I use the top level search using "Jet Central", I get Jeti central box products first, followed by Jeti receivers, etc. With 765 results, I get my first Jet Central product in position 52.Since each product now uses a lot of screen size, it take much longer to go page by page to find what you want.
The ordering by "Relevance" is broken.

Now you can "search by manufacturer" in one of the lower level menus, but that requires you to know in what sub-category your product reside. Easy enough in some cases, but where exactly is "Jet Central Telemetry" ? Maybe radio accessories, maybe other category.. ?

We need a "search by manufacturer" at the top level. They also need to look at the algorithm to sort by relevance.

This was never an issue in the old site.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:32 AM
RCPAUL
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have never been to the site before but after reading the wide differences people are having, I just went to see what all the noise is about. I am using an IPad and everything seemed fine. It must be the different platforms.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:21 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I see they have now fixed the mobil version so my cell works on the site, the site is steadily improving.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:32 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

The other problem is the site is bandwidth intensive for the 1st visit, so until things are cached, it's going to be very slow.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:14 PM
sidgates

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need to order some BVM fuel line and spent 1/2 hour looking for it with no success. I know I bought it from Dreamworks before.

Regarding RCU site. When I open a thread to read I get all the posts on one page even if it is multiple pages. Makes it difficult to scroll, anyone else have that problem
Old 05-12-2018, 08:33 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 79 Likes on 69 Posts

thankfully, no

course now that it has been mentioned, i expect it to start anytime...
Old 05-12-2018, 09:13 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sidgates
I need to order some BVM fuel line and spent 1/2 hour looking for it with no success. I know I bought it from Dreamworks before.

Regarding RCU site. When I open a thread to read I get all the posts on one page even if it is multiple pages. Makes it difficult to scroll, anyone else have that problem
Yes I noticed the same thing but just figured it was because of the RCU upgrade and was supposed to work that way.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:01 AM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

[QUOTE=sidgates;12431490]I need to order some BVM fuel line and spent 1/2 hour looking for it with no success. I know I bought it from Dreamworks before.

Sid, I put BVM fuel line in the search feature and found it right away (assuming you were looking for the inside the tank fuel line specific to BVM), then I searched for just "fuel line" and then for "fuel tubing". I managed to see every different type of fuel line ever made in about 5 minutes.

I suggest broadening your search next time if you're not sure exactly what the product is, even something as generic as tubing to start. Of course if you know it's specific diameter (4mm, 6mm etc.) you can click on the dropdown it offers you when you type tubing.

it really is easier then before, just treat it as new and not like before.
Old 05-13-2018, 06:35 AM
sidgates

Default Search?

[QUOTE=SECRET AGENT;12431534]
Originally Posted by sidgates

Sid, I put BVM fuel line in the search feature and found it right away (assuming you were looking for the inside the tank fuel line specific to BVM), then I searched for just "fuel line" and then for "fuel tubing". I managed to see every different type of fuel line ever made in about 5 minutes.

I suggest broadening your search next time if you're not sure exactly what the product is, even something as generic as tubing to start. Of course if you know it's specific diameter (4mm, 6mm etc.) you can click on the dropdown it offers you when you type tubing.

it really is easier then before, just treat it as new and not like before.
========================================
I didn't find the search function, must have been in a trance.Thanks
Old 05-13-2018, 06:53 PM
vfortino
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMG .... Really??? Fix the site!!!

Hey I know they make some testing tools that spider the site check links to make sure they are active... How about getting one and using it on the site.
Geez, damn near every Jetcat link is "whoops our bad..."

Anyone have a JetCat smoke pump manual. The site is useless to try and find anything.

Guys I dont have much hair left to pull out. Very frustrating.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:20 AM
SECRET AGENT

Originally Posted by vfortino
Hey I know they make some testing tools that spider the site check links to make sure they are active... How about getting one and using it on the site.
Geez, damn near every Jetcat link is "whoops our bad..."

Anyone have a JetCat smoke pump manual. The site is useless to try and find anything.

Guys I dont have much hair left to pull out. Very frustrating.
I typed in Jetcat Smoke Pump and it came right up. What problem were you having finding it? I didn't see a seperate manual for sale but then again I'v never seen manuals for sale. Maybe try a JetCat website to find a particular manual.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:24 AM
SECRET AGENT

Also Googleing Jetcat Smoke Pump Manual came up with lots of results.