Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Mibo A-10 Gen 6

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Mibo A-10 Gen 6

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2020, 06:00 AM
lavi rider
My Feedback: (6)

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default A10

No
Old 10-18-2020, 08:58 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
Does the full scale A-10 utilize tailerons/elevons?
No. They just operate in tandem like regular elevators.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:14 AM
lavi rider

Default A10

Originally Posted by CraigG
No. They just operate in tandem like regular elevators.
perhaps in parallel...
Old 10-18-2020, 09:29 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Interesting.....

This video:

​​​​​​

At 4:53 shows the ailerons and elevators moving together for just a little bit.

And since Craig actually sat in them and flew them around, he would know!

I was thinking since the A-10 is the ultimate redundancy jet, tailerons to help incase of aileron loss would seem logical?
Old 10-18-2020, 09:54 AM
lavi rider

Default A10

Let’s get accurate...
the animation talk about the hyd system . It’s merely an animation of the aircraft with basic explanation... says nothing about various relations between the control surfaces ..

The A 10 has a wide wing span with large ailerons at the tips and a relatively short span stabilizer .

Not sure if the elevators have a significant effect in roll , to my estimation they don’t .

Short winged fighter planes lanes such as the F-15,16,18 etc where the small control surfaces on the wings do require additional “help” from the rear stabilizers .. especially at low air speeds
In the A10 it’s insignificant .

As for a fault tolerant system it would make sense but it doesn’t work like the way you describe it .
Usually you would find that the control surface would be divided into multiple sub pieces where each one is operated by an independent control driver motor or hyd cylinder . So a stabilizer would be divided into two to four segments same for ailerons , fin rudder etc .

in case of ailerons it is common to see the outer flap next to an aileron start to move up and down as the aileron next to it in case of the aileron fails ..

Old 10-18-2020, 10:00 AM
lavi rider

Default A10

A fault tolerant system sample is the two piece rudder on the Boeing 747 .
Old 10-18-2020, 10:05 AM
ravill

Originally Posted by lavi rider
Let’s get accurate...

in case of ailerons it is common to see the outer flap next to an aileron start to move up and down as the aileron next to it in case of the aileron fails ..

Hmmm, the A-10 has fowler flaps, so only a down and out movement of a flap could happen.

This was a curiosity. It was easy enough to couple the ailerons and the elevators on the A-10.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:49 AM
lavi rider

Default A10

Doing partial quoting make u miss the point , but perhaps it’s the language .

anyway , Craig , you’re invited to chime in .. does the A10 benefit from an elevator aileron mutual movement in the roll control axis?

Old 10-18-2020, 11:54 AM
lavi rider

Default A10

Ravil...
perhaps you missed Craig’s reply to you here “ No. They just operate in tandem like regular elevators”

so ... no .

My humorous comment was merely regarding ( tandem is actually in parallel) as elevators move in parallel to each other at the same time , not in tandem one after the other ... I was merely making fun of it .

We’re ok 👍
Old 10-18-2020, 12:20 PM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by lavi rider
Ravil...
perhaps you missed Craig’s reply to you here “ No. They just operate in tandem like regular elevators”

so ... no .

My humorous comment was merely regarding ( tandem is actually in parallel) as elevators move in parallel to each other at the same time , not in tandem one after the other ... I was merely making fun of it .

We’re ok 👍
The dictionary also says tandem can mean: "alongside each other; together". But hey, I'm a pilot, not a language expert. Also, in the full scale, in the event one elevator jams, it can be disconnected via a switch in the cockpit and flown with just one. In which case it would be neither in tandem or parallel with the other. Anyhow, I agree there's no advantage to an elevator/aileron mix. On the other hand, the rudders are quite effective and I believe they would adequately control the aircraft if both ailerons fail.
Old 10-18-2020, 02:15 PM
lavi rider

Default A10

Hi Craig

Thanks 👍👍
Old 10-20-2020, 02:07 PM
ravill

Well, maiden date is unknown now. My CB 400 is out for repair for an unknown amount of time and I am going to attempt installing a BoomaRC ARXL.

In reality, I bought the ARXL 3 months ago to install in this A-10, but the ARXL was back ordered indefinitely, so I used a brand new CB 400 I had laying around.

The ARXL showed up a few days ago!

Now, it's off to learn a new "central box" thingy in the ARXL! Yay!
Old 10-21-2020, 05:21 PM
ravill

Aaaannnnddd, I lied. I overnighted a new CB 400 while my original one gets fixed. A CB 400 will be plug and play in my Mibo. It will be the least steep learning curve to pursue.
Old 10-21-2020, 05:42 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

Very nice! Keep moving forward, we are good to maiden at Kindon any day of the week when you are ready.
Old 10-22-2020, 12:28 AM
Smokeyr67

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I’m ready to CG. With all the extra stuff in the nose, I’m still about 1 inch tail heavy! And that was with the palm of my hands! I’m going to have to figure out how to CG this bad boy!

just load up with a few scale DU rounds and it’ll balance perfectly👍😁
Old 10-22-2020, 06:06 AM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rav this is looking fantastic! I think people's QR Code readers may go crazy but points for creativity!
Old 10-25-2020, 08:34 PM
ravill

New CB 400 in!

I was noticing a few drop outs of my slave CTU and getting some unreliable telemetry even with this new CB 400.

So I went on fakebook and looked up Sandor (the creater!) and he suggested I remove the MGPS from the CB 400. And wouldn’t you know it, it worked like a champ!!

No more telemetry drop outs, my LUA works EVERYTIME!

Apparently, the MGPS takes up a big chunk of band width on the telemetry bus and can slow things down! I say it can cripple!!

My last CB 400 I had to send in to Jeti (where it still is) as I was never able to have it communicate with my Jeti studio. This new CB 400 hooks up like a champ and it has the newest firmware.

This equipment hiccup has set me back a week or so.

I need to fine tune some more “radio stuff” and then I can finally CG this bad boy!

Old 10-26-2020, 03:15 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

New CB 400 in!

I was noticing a few drop outs of my slave CTU and getting some unreliable telemetry even with this new CB 400.

So I went on fakebook and looked up Sandor (the creater!) and he suggested I remove the MGPS from the CB 400. And wouldn’t you know it, it worked like a champ!!

No more telemetry drop outs, my LUA works EVERYTIME!

Apparently, the MGPS takes up a big chunk of band width on the telemetry bus and can slow things down! I say it can cripple!!

My last CB 400 I had to send in to Jeti (where it still is) as I was never able to have it communicate with my Jeti studio. This new CB 400 hooks up like a champ and it has the newest firmware.

This equipment hiccup has set me back a week or so.

I need to fine tune some more “radio stuff” and then I can finally CG this bad boy!
thanks for the nice words.
however the creatorof the CTU is Carsten Groen , im just the guy who does some troubleshooting and gets all the flack shot at him ;-).
but yes the mgps is a pretty old sensor , and the data yelled out is kinda overwhelming when you have more sensors in line.
this is a nice project ,if in any doubt or questions jeti or Digitech related stuff just ask ;-)
br Sandor & Carsten
Old 10-26-2020, 04:35 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

I had something similar with a CB200 when I first installed the CTU and I was told by Danny to move the ExBus directly to a RX which was fine in my case since it was connected to the CortexPro and the CP had an extra power lead....the fixes the issued no more drop of the CTU. I don’t used the Mgps, but had other devices on ExBus and older telemetry protocol.
Old 10-26-2020, 04:48 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
I had something similar with a CB200 when I first installed the CTU and I was told by Danny to move the ExBus directly to a RX which was fine in my case since it was connected to the CortexPro and the CP had an extra power lead....the fixes the issued no more drop of the CTU. I don’t used the Mgps, but had other devices on ExBus and older telemetry protocol.
he cant , he has a R3 and has no EX or sensor ports on the receiver only one im afraid.
its not the CTU the CTU throttles back the data and sends only what needed and does it pretty slow , this was done on purpose.

only thing is to get Real airspeed and use a Digitech IAS and connect directly on the CYTU free EX port.
another option he can try since the CTU limits the data send to the ex bus (anti flood) is to connect the Mgps directly onto the CTU that could slow down the mgps a bit.
many more ways to Rome with Jeti...
Old 10-26-2020, 07:05 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Correct what Sandor writes regarding the CTU and "throttle" of telemetry values. I made the CTU (and also the SB-EXP2+2 as well as all of my other Jeti-enabled devices) so that it requests telemetry data "on turn" on the downstream EX Bus ports. The CTU can have up to 2 EX Bus ports (where you can connect other EX Bus sensors), and at the same time it also has to send its own telemetry data to the receiver. In order to "squeeze" telemetry data from both the 2 EX Bus ports and the CTU itself, it requests telemetry data on a round-robin fashion. The SB-EXP2+2 does not have its own telemetry values to send, so it just asks the (up to) 2 EX Bus ports is has one at a time for telemetry data.
On another note, all the devices I have developed, does some "throttling" of the telemetry data, there is no need to send the current fuel percentage left in the fueltank 50 times pr second
My SB-IAS (airspeed sensor) sends the data rather often, we found that when using the airspeed for landing purposes (which is used by a LOT of people), it is nice to have it react pretty quickly.
The following 2 users liked this post by Carsten Groen:
CraigG (10-26-2020), digitech (10-26-2020)
Old 10-27-2020, 01:48 PM
ravill

Check out my pilot and sound system!

Old 10-28-2020, 01:47 AM
jimibar

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks awesome Rav !
Nice job !

I'm still working on the weathering ...
And I added a small fun touch I believe.
The maintenance guy notes that he forgot to clean his boots before getting on the wing ...

I can not take any credits for the idea, Stan Caussel has this brilliant idea back in the days when he did his A10 !

Last edited by jimibar; 10-28-2020 at 01:54 AM.
Old 10-28-2020, 04:42 AM
ravill

Very cool Jim!!
Old 10-28-2020, 07:27 AM
ravill

I CG’d last night. Looks like I needed just under 1 lb of lead to balance!

And I used Craig’s technique. It was rather easy!

I made a little stand that sits about 1 inch taller than the jet, made some plywood wing plates marked and slotted so that the stand would key into place.

All I had to do was lift the nose and rest the Hog on the stand which keyed in place on the taped plywood wing stops. No help needed and quite simple!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.