Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

The new T1 models F16 build thread

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

The new T1 models F16 build thread

Old 11-24-2020, 09:52 AM
skunkwurk
My Feedback: (18)

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by seaside535
hey what is your cg, and your setup' in my turns the nose wants to drop, i think its nose heavy,
im at the recommended CG, the stabilizer i added (Igyro) is to much for the servos, starts to obsolete,
thanks
Perhaps try working on one item at a time - it might be easier. Work out the cg and get the jet flying/balanced the way you like it, then turn to the gyro. The iGyro is a nice unit, which one are you using, srs or other? They're different and need to be setup accordingly. There is a flight assistant that helps you if you're new to power-box. Did you use it or set it statically? I do not use the assistant anymore but it helps. Also, which surface is oscillating? One or all?

Last edited by skunkwurk; 11-24-2020 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-24-2020, 11:24 PM
seaside535

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skunkwurk
Perhaps try working on one item at a time - it might be easier. Work out the cg and get the jet flying/balanced the way you like it, then turn to the gyro. The iGyro is a nice unit, which one are you using, srs or other? They're different and need to be setup accordingly. There is a flight assistant that helps you if you're new to power-box. Did you use it or set it statically? I do not use the assistant anymore but it helps. Also, which surface is oscillating? One or all?
I have been flying this bird with the recommended CG. I’m using the Igyro 3e. The gyro was recommended to me by Dirk to help with the nose dropping. I. Have a replacement nose retract on its way so she will be back in the air. If it doesn’t fly the way I want her to I might sell her.
Old 11-25-2020, 12:28 PM
skunkwurk

Originally Posted by seaside535
I have been flying this bird with the recommended CG. I’m using the Igyro 3e. The gyro was recommended to me by Dirk to help with the nose dropping. I. Have a replacement nose retract on its way so she will be back in the air. If it doesn’t fly the way I want her to I might sell her.
Personally, I would not use a gyro to address this issue, but I suppose anything is possible. I have seen gyros used to address nose drop in KE flight instead of holding rudder, but only for the maneuver. Typically by turning-on a flight mode with HH enabled on the rudder. This flight mode would not be used for basic flight. I hope you don't mind me asking a couple questions related to the gyro setup. I assume you have it set on a 3-position switch? What is the rate % for each of the three positions? This being an F16, are you using elevons in your setup?

Last edited by skunkwurk; 11-25-2020 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-26-2020, 12:36 AM
seaside535

Personally, I would not use a gyro to address this issue, but I suppose anything is possible. I have seen gyros used to address nose drop in KE flight instead of holding rudder, but only for the maneuver. Typically by turning-on a flight mode with HH enabled on the rudder. This flight mode would not be used for basic flight. I hope you don't mind me asking a couple questions related to the gyro setup. I assume you have it set on a 3-position switch? What is the rate % for each of the three positions? This being an F16, are you using elevons in your setup?
thanks. For the reply.
I use a slider for my gyro rates. I thought of using a rudder mix for the problem.
my Tam f-16 using elevons flew great. I might add some weight in the tail to see if that works.
the jet has been down for a little while the front gear kept on collapsing on landing.
Old 11-26-2020, 03:46 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Ours is set up conventional. Elevator rudder and ailerons. I dislike tailerons.

on every F16 I’ve had they fly best this way. Only time I mix in tailerons is when I have flapperons on a switch then I add tailerons for extra roll. I have not done that on this one yet because it flies so good as is. I will probably add them though before flying this weekend.

I would never fly tailerons on all the time. They corkscrew on the roll axis and don’t fly near as well.
Old 11-26-2020, 06:20 AM
skunkwurk

Seaside, the reason I asked about elevons is because you would need to specifically setup the gyro (delta mixer) to accommodate elevons or tialerons. I agree with Gun, I've never flown an F-16 but I did have an F-15 and preferred it in elevator, rudder, and aileron mode as well. Besides the jet being way too heavy, when ever I had the elevons turned-on, It felt like it would kick the tail out in turns. I had it setup on a switch and pretty much always kept it off. It is probably good for quick 180 turns in a dogfight, but It was not a comfortable flying jet in that mode. It scared me - I do have a 1/7th scale F-15 in the box, If I ever get to building it I will probably attempt elevons again, it should have a lower wing loading.

Also, related to my previous gyro question about the 3-position switch. Let me ask what I meant to ask in the form of an example. In what position are you using the slider? When you take off, is it up, down, or middle? When you have the gyro on, are you applying more slider or less slider? I'm trying to determine what % gain you're in when you're referring to "lowest setting", more specifically, if it is 0, +, or -. The answer will help us better understand your current setup of flight modes, and help us provide a meaningful suggestion to help you.

Note: I went back and read the entire thread to better understand what is going on and noticed you said you had the gyro on a slider. Hence, why I had to edit my post, sorry about that.

Last edited by skunkwurk; 11-26-2020 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-26-2020, 09:26 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

On that 1/7th F15 you want normal set up also. You put the tailerons on a mix with the flap switch. I only used them in high alpha and landing.
The following users liked this post:
skunkwurk (11-26-2020)
Old 11-26-2020, 07:36 PM
seaside535

Seaside, the reason I asked about elevons is because you would need to specifically setup the gyro (delta mixer) to accommodate elevons or tialerons. I agree with Gun, I've never flown an F-16 but I did have an F-15 and preferred it in elevator, rudder, and aileron mode as well. Besides the jet being way too heavy, when ever I had the elevons turned-on, It felt like it would kick the tail out in turns. I had it setup on a switch and pretty much always kept it off. It is probably good for quick 180 turns in a dogfight, but It was not a comfortable flying jet in that mode. It scared me - I do have a 1/7th scale F-15 in the box, If I ever get to building it I will probably attempt elevons again, it should have a lower wing loading.

Also, related to my previous gyro question about the 3-position switch. Let me ask what I meant to ask in the form of an example. In what position are you using the slider? When you take off, is it up, down, or middle? When you have the gyro on, are you applying more slider or less slider? I'm trying to determine what % gain you're in when you're referring to "lowest setting", more specifically, if it is 0, +, or -. The answer will help us better understand your current setup of flight modes, and help us provide a meaningful suggestion to help you.

Note: I went back and read the entire thread to better understand what is going on and noticed you said you had the gyro on a slider. Hence, why I had to edit my post, sorry about that.
my f-16 is conventional, i was saying my tamjets f-16 used elevons, I only tried the gyro once when it started oscillating, after that flight the nose retract collapsed, haven't flown
since then,
my gyro is setup with middle off, up is HH, and down is normal. I took off with no gyro did a few circuits and put the gyro on normal mode, very little gain,
now that i think about it, i could use HH mode and the model with track on that axil, my next flights i will have more feed back, on a side note i think i will only use the gyro for the rudder next time, the jet flies great without the gyro (besides the nose dipping), I will also make sure all of my surfaces are lined up correctly,
I thought i had video of a flight, I will look,
thanks for the response,
Old 11-28-2020, 07:57 AM
skunkwurk

Anytime-glad to help! It sounds like you have the gyro setup perfectly.
Old 06-18-2022, 08:42 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

quick question for the folks with one of these.

mine has the GDW DS 5290 MG servos for the gear doors. any one know where to get replacement servo arms for them?
1 of the 3 also needs to the reversed to match the open-closed of the other 2, as in, the nose door and the right main door open and the left main closes. i have not found any use-able instructions for the JP V 1-B ER 150 control unit.
Old 06-20-2022, 09:04 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

edit to the above post.

when i am tired, i get a little dyslexic...

should be a GDW DS 290 MG servo
Old 06-21-2022, 05:13 PM
Santy3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Sirs,
Any Dealer for this Tone??
Thabks in advace!
S.
Old 07-28-2022, 11:05 AM
traxxis1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer