Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Futaba18 mz / telemetry

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Futaba18 mz / telemetry

Old 07-29-2018, 05:10 PM
rcdavid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Futaba18 mz / telemetry

hi guy’s

I try to put 2 sensors for my jet on my 18mz
the first sensor is jetcat telemetry and second is powerbox sensor to read volt and mAH.

but i try to put the first jetcat sensor... the only slot working is slot 16 to 29. If i choose another slot , the sensor not working

and after i try to put powerbox sensor on my 18 mz . I choose register option , and i read register failed not enough available alors.???

i have slot 1 to 15 not used but qu’en i try to put sensor in this slot the sensor not working.

can i put more that one sensor ...can you help me working this please
thank’s
Dave
Old 07-29-2018, 05:25 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Sorry Dave, I gave up on Futaba telemetry and switched to Jeti for just this reason. So far its working great. Best of luck!
Gary
Old 07-30-2018, 02:09 AM
modtron

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

You need to activate the JetCat adaptor first by connecting it to the ECU and selecting the radio type to be used.
Then you can connect the adaptor to register the JetCat telemetry.

Using both the JetCat & Powerbox telemetry uses nearly all of the slots and you will need to move them around - but it does fit and work.

modtron
Oxford UK
Old 07-30-2018, 04:07 PM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdavid
hi guy’s

the first sensor is jetcat telemetry and second is powerbox sensor to read volt and mAH.

but i try to put the first jetcat sensor... the only slot working is slot 16 to 29. If i choose another slot , the sensor not working

and after i try to put powerbox sensor on my 18 mz . I choose register option , and i read register failed not enough available alors.???

i have slot 1 to 15 not used but qu’en i try to put sensor in this slot the sensor not working.

thank’s
Dave
David,
This can be done. I have this very setup in my T1 jet. I have jetcat telemetry and my powerbox royal in my 18mz. I registered the Jetcat sensor first then I did the powerbox. It works perfectly.

Patrick
The following users liked this post:
DenisFerrari (01-03-2022)
Old 07-30-2018, 08:46 PM
dvcam99

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Dave

your combination will work with a T18MZ Transmitter but not a T18SZ.

For example:

Using our telemetry converters for Futaba / Jetcat you can have JetCat Display assigned to Slot # 2-15 and PowerBox System Teleconverter to Slot # 16-31.

https://www.cb-elektronics.com/futab...0-premium.html

On that web page you will also find a Picture for your required Setup.

By the way you have still slot number 1 free for a IAS Speed Sensor.

This is the best Setup for Jetpilots with Futaba.

BR
Dirk
CB Elektronics

Last edited by dvcam99; 07-30-2018 at 08:48 PM.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:23 PM
modtron

Why would you want to put another item in when the system works as supplied - as "sirrom" mentioned above, you need to register the JetCat adaptor first, then the Powerbox.

modtron
Oxford UK
Old 07-31-2018, 07:56 AM
dvcam99

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes,

from what I read Dave tried to register the JetCat converter first. Right?

I can imagine many reasons to change a product.

I think a good reason to change a product/item whould be to have a proper handbook with the product on hand too. Hope you can agree?
Maybe this could be the problem finding not the right setup.

BR
Dirk
CB Elektronics
Old 08-01-2018, 07:23 PM
sirrom

hi guy’s

thank’s
Dave
Dave,
Have you gotten this working yet? If not can you let me know where you purchased your Jetcat turbine sensor from? Depends on where you purchased it from it may require registering in a different way. Let me know and I can tell you how to get this done.

Patrick
Old 08-02-2018, 12:21 AM
modtron

Assuming it's the JetCat telemetry adaptor, did you get the English manual with it, as most come with the German version ?

I have the English manual, if you need a copy.

modtron
Oxford UK
Old 08-02-2018, 02:29 PM
rcdavid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

after several tries, I am unable to change any sensor slot. the jetcat only works on slot 8 up to 16 and the powerbox too. i try after entering the jetcat sensor to enter the powerbox sensor and i get the message that there is no more slot available.

thank’s for your help guy’s
Old 08-02-2018, 06:37 PM
sirrom

after several tries, I am unable to change any sensor slot. the jetcat only works on slot 8 up to 16 and the powerbox too. i try after entering the jetcat sensor to enter the powerbox sensor and i get the message that there is no more slot available.

thank’s for your help guy’s
David,
Try this one from i3dm (Lior Zhavi)
. Skip ahead to 1:33 to see the telemetry unit for jetcat. I have 3 of his units for my Xicoy ECU's and they work flawlessly and should do the trick for what you are trying to do. He is a super nice guy and I can vouch for him and his products. Also his telemetry sensor works on slots 1 - 15. Look him up on facebook.

Patrick
Old 08-03-2018, 02:03 AM
tassos p

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

hi guy’s

thank’s
Dave
Hey Dave,

Not sure if Powerbox Sensor has telemetry output (I doubt it) but in any case with PB devices if you want to have telemetry output from Powerbox you need to use this device --> the Teleconverter--> https://www.powerbox-systems.com/en/products/accessories/stromversorgung/teleconverter-s-bus-2.html .

I have tried it with PB Royal only and works perfectly. Please look at the pics below. Make sure you connect both the Jetcat sensor and PB to SBUS2 slot (not SBUS). Then change Jetcat to slots 1-14. 15 empty. 16-31 goes to PB.

Should be straight forward.

Tassos

Last edited by tassos p; 08-03-2018 at 02:10 AM.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:44 AM
sirrom

Tasso,
Good catch, I did not even think to ask if he was using the PB teleconverter or something different. I just assumed he had the teleconverter installed. That's what I have in my jet is the Telemetry for my turbine from Lior and the teleconverter setup just like you have in your pictures.
DenisFerrari (01-02-2022)
Old 01-02-2022, 05:00 AM
DenisFerrari

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tassos p
Hey Dave,

Not sure if Powerbox Sensor has telemetry output (I doubt it) but in any case with PB devices if you want to have telemetry output from Powerbox you need to use this device --> the Teleconverter--> https://www.powerbox-systems.com/en/products/accessories/stromversorgung/teleconverter-s-bus-2.html .

I have tried it with PB Royal only and works perfectly. Please look at the pics below. Make sure you connect both the Jetcat sensor and PB to SBUS2 slot (not SBUS). Then change Jetcat to slots 1-14. 15 empty. 16-31 goes to PB.

Should be straight forward.

Tassos

Hi,
Same exact configuration and tx but nope. It only works if leaving PB on Slot 8 ID3. Everywhere I try to add Jetcat V10 also PB data do not work anymore.

Also Jetcat V10 alone does not work.

All perfectly set on Jetcat fadec (telemetry menu to Sbus2), sensor is fine, rx 7003sb is fine.

only difference: jetcat fadec V12....maybe?

Any additional idea or suggestion?

Thanks !🙂✈