Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

MuguModels MIG 21 composite 3,2m long

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

MuguModels MIG 21 composite 3,2m long

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2020, 07:06 PM
Arthur K

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kevinthoele
Sorry for the way this appears to have turned out. I was actually considering one. The flight video was sad and the gear were not even close to functional. I hope you are able to make something of yours and get it flying. I wish you well with your task
Kevin I am actually really enjoying the build, I will have her done and make it look great and fly great.
As you can see in his second flight the video stops as soon as he touched down,, my guess is ,, it did not survive the landing. No one has actually put one up in the air since that last Video he made.
Old 11-04-2020, 07:41 PM
Arthur K

So here is the Latest from our friend in Romania ... the original purchaser of this model emailed him and asked him to at least credit him half the cost of what is a practically worthless airplane .. half of the 8000 dollar US
his response was that the company is Bankrupt, and he is sick and all the money is gone.

So here it is Mr Mugurel. ... I am calling you out for what you are . You sir are a crook, a thief, and the most useless model designer I have ever seen...
Old 11-04-2020, 09:11 PM
drfred58809

Well, I‘m not surprised.....but it seems to be sad end of the story....

I liked his retro jet design but was fortunately hesitant enough not to buy one...he is a master at creating a beautiful shell but with nothing inside as it seems

sorry for your friend for loosing so much money- hope this doesn‘t cause that people believe that all small companys / entrepeneurs are crooks in our Hobby.......
Old 11-06-2020, 06:42 AM
Arthur K

Hi fellows I had a major set back last night, as I was trying to install one of the retracts in the wing to see if the geometry of the linkages will work, the bloody strut broke apart.
This Shmuck took a piece of carbon fibre glued 2 halves of some 3d printed abomination
and placed 2 tiny Aluminuim tabs in there and filled it with some ****y white glue.
this is what is supposed to support a 60Lb jet.... WOW
I am going to remake the struts out of Aluminuim and get this right.. I don't think his geometry is correct either but I will tackle that later. Now remember what you are seeing in these pictures is supposed to be a brand new set of retracts, This guy claimed to be producing museum scale Models. This garbage he sold us is not even good enough to compete in a grade 5 science experiment. Just look at the hardware the nuts and bolts he has used on these retracts, It looks like he raided his grandpas junk jar of left over nuts and bolts.
WHAT A JOKE... what I am very surprised is that Wylee Wrbirds has not chimed in on this thread letting us know what he ended up with his 2 Mig 21s that he purchased from this Joker

Last edited by Arthur K; 11-06-2020 at 07:03 AM.
Old 11-06-2020, 07:13 AM
Arthur K

This is the price list for MIG 21 ,weels come with the sistem for brake,only have to install small servo!
Plane MIG 21 silver 3800 eur
kevlar fuel tanks 180 eur
cockpit 490 eur
landing gear 1490 eur

droptanks and supports for droptanks 600 eur

Painting 900 eur
Price not include VAT .
I will have dealer frome USA Wylie Warbird and Canada Rc Man frome september wean i start the production.
Best regards Mugu

So this is what you get for 6860.00 Euro's That is $8142.13 US dollars
Old 11-06-2020, 09:10 AM
cetigershark

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Really bad to read all this. Imagine, he lives in Romania. He produced and sold one aircraft per month. That gives you a pretty good life in a low price country.
Arthur, I admire your resilience, persistence and endurance to finish that projec!
Old 12-14-2020, 01:33 PM
MerlinII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh boy, really sad reading all this.
There is a second hand one for sale via a renowned model shop in Europe, seller is asking 4000€.
You can't find much about mugu mig 21, that's how i ended here.
I doubt it has flown.
Anyway, good luck to the potential buyer.

Regards
Merlin II
Old 07-19-2021, 05:57 PM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Arthur K any further progress on this MiG?
Old 07-20-2021, 03:37 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I think he gave up on the Mig rebuild. Nothing new on the Canadian site since early March
Old 07-20-2021, 01:25 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Ya know… i had an interest in this model until 2 things happened.

1- he posted photos

2- he posted his prices.

i see alot of people saying he has “talent” and they would like to get a stab at making proper molds from the original plugs, but then i see photos of the fiberglass parts that show obvious problems that came from the molds because the PLUGS had that problem. Your molds are only as good as the plugs. ***** in, ***** out as they say. Between this and the Mig15 thread, anyone who has spent any decent amount of time making plugs and molds could find atleast a few area’s that were problem area’s.

Then he posted pricing… i was amazed at how a pretty simple airframe could cost so much, especially with the lack of engineering involved and absolutely Zero reputation to ride the waves with.

So to see how and hear how horrible the actual model product is, its unfortunate, but not surprising based on what was posted, especially when that joke of a landing gear began.
The following users liked this post:
u2fast (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 07:09 PM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Vincent
I think he gave up on the Mig rebuild. Nothing new on the Canadian site since early March
From his last comments in that thread he did say he was taking a break for a while, maybe he'll get back on it after the flying season. I was enjoying seeing his improvements for sure. I'll have to bookmark the Canada forum thread, thanks for reminding me about that one.