Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

High Sierra Jets! Spring Fling

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

High Sierra Jets! Spring Fling

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 01:37 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
Default High Sierra Jets! Spring Fling

There will be a no frills fun fly May 2-5 2019. It will be at the Stagecoach dry lake in Stagecoach Nevada.
This is a camping fun fly since the closest hotel is about 20 miles away, so bring your pop up shades, and your camping gear or RV.
There are 2 convenience stores across the road, and they have a small selection of groceries.
I will spring for a couple porta-potties, if there is enough interest, so email me at [email protected] if you are interested.
Thinking about a pot luck style dinner under the stars on Saturday night where everyone can pitch in something. So bring your favorite dish, and camping tables and chairs.
I'll be at Best in the West if you have questions, and will have some fliers to pass out....
A couple of you were there last year, so feel free to share your experience....
No fees, no frills, no fuss...... Just fun flying on one of Nevada's dry lakes.
Fireworks at your own risk since they are illegal there.
This is private property that we will have permission to be on.
So, follow the edge of the flat around to the flight line, and do not drive straight across.
This is off of Highway 50 in Stagecoach, Nevada.

It's like Burning Man, but with airplanes...

Last edited by Desertlakesflying; 08-10-2018 at 01:42 PM.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:30 PM
Desertlakesflying

Spring is right around the corner. Let's have a fun time flying.

No frills, no fee, no fuss, just fun fly.

Bring your own everything and your camping gear.

I will spring for a couple porta-potties, if there is enough interest, so email me at [email protected] if you are interested.
Old 12-21-2018, 07:12 AM
ExFokkerFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Really going to try to make this Skip, wont know for sure until April. I cant bring my fifth wheel AND my models, but i think my model trailer and a cot would work fine for a night. Great site, love flying there!

Tom Messer
Old 12-22-2018, 05:41 PM
Desertlakesflying

Hope you can Tom. I'll find out how many LA guys are coming up at Neal's event in Hemet in January.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:23 PM
Desertlakesflying

So most of the LA guys seemed interested in coming up so we'll see what happens. So far I don't have enough interest to get a couple J-Johns.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:38 PM
ExFokkerFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We will have changed our scheduling system at work by then, but as far as i know, ive taken the steps to get the time off. So, barring me screwing it up or something unforseen happening, ill be there. Hope to have my big one ready by then, and if it hasnt already been flown, the dry kake would be a perfect site for that!
Old 01-25-2019, 02:38 PM
Desertlakesflying

Originally Posted by ExFokkerFlyer
We will have changed our scheduling system at work by then, but as far as i know, ive taken the steps to get the time off. So, barring me screwing it up or something unforseen happening, ill be there. Hope to have my big one ready by then, and if it hasnt already been flown, the dry kake would be a perfect site for that!
That would be awesome Tom!