Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New TOYS

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New TOYS

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 09:08 AM
Chris Balling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New TOYS

I love new toys. A competition Pattern (Tipo's were my favorite) flier, I made the transition from RC airplanes to RC Jets in 2002. Now my aging mind reminds me of the fun between Boomerang's and my current BV F-18. What a ride it has been! With old "Shaky" setting in my flying days are numbered so I've been experimenting with a number of "Electric Jets".
Easy to carry, quick to set up, and neat looking; but, most have had one fault...…….they simply don't live up to the hype the manufacturer's make. With that skepticism in mind a new MACHINE caught my eye: FlexJet. The write up really sounds good, the video's: WOW (But QQ can make a trainer look majestic). What the heck; Give it a try: The Flex arrived last week and flew this morning. It exceeds the hype, surpasses expectation, and closely replicates turbine flight. While it's flight window is only 4 minutes its a fast/slow, very aerobatic bird that is very easy to see. In the past I've been hesitant to recommend new turbine "want a bees" try an electric jet. That changed this morning. Its a true electric dream. Kudo's to the entire Innovative Group. And, with a little help from Callie, my FlexJet looks like a Navy airframe.

Chris Balling
FLYNAVY
Old 08-28-2018, 04:01 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

It's a hoot, enjoy
Old 08-28-2018, 06:20 AM
E.N.T.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Any videos???

hmarmaizmd717
Old 08-29-2018, 02:17 PM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

Or pics?? Thx
Old 08-30-2018, 08:22 AM
Chris Balling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry about my delay in response. We're away from home, in preparation to relocate, so I don't have access to the materials to answer your questions/requests. However, there is a very fine review of the Jet in the September issue of the AMA magazine. Most importantly, it's a completely accurate and honest synopsis of the assembly and fly ability of this great little airplane.