Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Harlock RC Viper 140

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Harlock RC Viper 140

Old 05-11-2019, 10:58 AM
  #101  
JoeJr1485
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 470
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

What length are the electron struts used on the harlock viper?
Old 05-11-2019, 04:25 PM
  #102  
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)
 
Dansy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Prescott, Ont.
Posts: 2,926
Received 141 Likes on 128 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JoeJr1485 View Post
What length are the electron struts used on the harlock viper?
‘I will measure mine tomorrow’s
Old 05-11-2019, 05:53 PM
  #103  
JoeJr1485
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 470
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dansy View Post


‘I will measure mine tomorrow’s
awesome thank you.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:03 AM
  #104  
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)
 
Dansy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Prescott, Ont.
Posts: 2,926
Received 141 Likes on 128 Posts
Default




Here’s the main.....will do the nose soon
Old 05-12-2019, 04:21 AM
  #105  
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)
 
Dansy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Prescott, Ont.
Posts: 2,926
Received 141 Likes on 128 Posts
Default





The nose gear.....please note the ruler is on the gear housing, not the rotation block

Last edited by Dansy; 05-12-2019 at 04:34 AM.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:54 AM
  #106  
JoeJr1485
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 470
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dansy View Post




The nose gear.....please note the ruler is on the gear housing, not the rotation block
awesome!!! Thank you so much for the pictures.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:12 AM
  #107  
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)
 
BarracudaHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,185
Received 257 Likes on 206 Posts
Default

That's some spiffy gear there.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:01 AM
  #108  
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)
 
Dansy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Prescott, Ont.
Posts: 2,926
Received 141 Likes on 128 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
That's some spiffy gear there.
Just a set that cost more than the airframe.....but works very well. LOL

Your welcome JoeJR
Old 05-12-2019, 09:13 AM
  #109  
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)
 
BarracudaHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,185
Received 257 Likes on 206 Posts
Default

Yea I know. I have been tempted a few times but we fly off paved runways and I can't can't justify it on this plane. My Havoc is coming with Electron gear though, I'm excited to get a set.



Old 05-12-2019, 09:16 AM
  #110  
JoeJr1485
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 470
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
Yea I know. I have been tempted a few times but we fly off paved runways and I can't can't justify it on this plane. My Havoc is coming with Electron gear though, I'm excited to get a set.



nice field! I’m stationed in Germany right now and our field is grass. I was reading that the HSD gear are not that good for grass. Not sure if that also includes the retracts as well not being good. I agree it’s crazy that the gear cost more than the airframe.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:06 AM
  #111  
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)
 
BarracudaHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,185
Received 257 Likes on 206 Posts
Default

The HSD gear is the retracts and if I were regularly flying off grass I'd probably upgrade. That said the HSD gear has about 50 flights on my turbine Viper and other than one self inflicted issue which I fixed with about 20 dollars worth of parts, it's working just fine.

They (HSD) have an unfortunate habit of using red locktite, I learned to use a pencil tip soldering iron to heat up any set screws I have to remove then I clean them and install them with blue. I did the same to the two butter soft phillips screws holding the nose steering servo bracket and replaced them with hardened button head screws from Micro Fasteners

I also use dry lube from Aeropanda on the oleo struts and pivot points on the gear, it works great and doesn't attract grit.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:38 AM
  #112  
JoeJr1485
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 470
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
The HSD gear is the retracts and if I were regularly flying off grass I'd probably upgrade. That said the HSD gear has about 50 flights on my turbine Viper and other than one self inflicted issue which I fixed with about 20 dollars worth of parts, it's working just fine.

They (HSD) have an unfortunate habit of using red locktite, I learned to use a pencil tip soldering iron to heat up any set screws I have to remove then I clean them and install them with blue. I did the same to the two butter soft phillips screws holding the nose steering servo bracket and replaced them with hardened button head screws from Micro Fasteners

I also use dry lube from Aeropanda on the oleo struts and pivot points on the gear, it works great and doesn't attract grit.
thanks for the info.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:56 AM
  #113  
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)
 
Bob_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bluegrass State of Mind
Posts: 4,644
Received 68 Likes on 60 Posts
Default

I have the HSD gear in mine. I have quite a few flights now from Bermuda type grass with zero issues. I think a slightly larger nose wheel Would help operation from more traditional grass fields
Old 05-12-2019, 12:42 PM
  #114  
JoeJr1485
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 470
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post
I have the HSD gear in mine. I have quite a few flights now from Bermuda type grass with zero issues. I think a slightly larger nose wheel Would help operation from more traditional grass fields
okay awesome. Yeah our field is just plan ol grass cut low.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:54 PM
  #115  
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)
 
Dansy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Prescott, Ont.
Posts: 2,926
Received 141 Likes on 128 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JoeJr1485 View Post


okay awesome. Yeah our field is just plan ol grass cut low.
My main jet place to fly is paved.....but I like to fly at other locations...so for me it’s a piece of mine, while I like assembling/building models...I hate fixing them
Old 05-12-2019, 01:55 PM
  #116  
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)
 
Bob_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bluegrass State of Mind
Posts: 4,644
Received 68 Likes on 60 Posts
Default

I can tell you the Electron gear weighs 1/2lb more.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:01 PM
  #117  
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)
 
Dansy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Prescott, Ont.
Posts: 2,926
Received 141 Likes on 128 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post
I can tell you the Electron gear weighs 1/2lb more.
And I can tell you....I have plenty of power.... LOL

For me this is just an EDF
Old 05-12-2019, 03:02 PM
  #118  
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)
 
Bob_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bluegrass State of Mind
Posts: 4,644
Received 68 Likes on 60 Posts
Default

As do I !
Old 05-12-2019, 03:20 PM
  #119  
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)
 
BarracudaHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,185
Received 257 Likes on 206 Posts
Default

This has been published a while ago so I'm sure its ok to post this.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
HarlockViper.pdf (2.25 MB, 133 views)
Old 05-13-2019, 06:57 AM
  #120  
fmrsdtr
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Muncie, IN
Posts: 63
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
This has been published a while ago so I'm sure its ok to post this.
You're fine, Andy.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:21 AM
  #121  
E.N.T.
My Feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Juan, , PUERTO RICO (USA)
Posts: 1,201
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Where can I get the retract controller?
I burned mine

Hector
Old 05-13-2019, 07:47 AM
  #122  
fmrsdtr
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Muncie, IN
Posts: 63
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by E.N.T. View Post
Where can I get the retract controller?
I burned mine

Hector
Hector, I believe Greg suggested in his last email to you on May 11 to check with Banana Hobby; they are in stock: https://www.bananahobby.com/hsd-land...ueryId=2564785
Old 05-13-2019, 08:11 AM
  #123  
E.N.T.
My Feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Juan, , PUERTO RICO (USA)
Posts: 1,201
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Thanks, Jenni. I will try them. BUT don't know how to do the set up.


Hector
Old 05-13-2019, 08:21 AM
  #124  
fmrsdtr
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Muncie, IN
Posts: 63
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by E.N.T. View Post
Thanks, Jenni. I will try them. BUT don't know how to do the set up.


Hector
I'm sure that Banana might be able to help you with the setup. They do also have a technical support center and knowledge base page: https://www.bananahobby.com/customer_support_portal.htm. If someone knows on here, I'm sure they will chime in as well.

Greg did mention in the email that there are not really any instructions for the controller. He wrote: The black and white wires go to the gear channel on your receiver and the red and black wires go to a 2S LiPo battery or a spare channel on your receiver.

Last edited by fmrsdtr; 05-13-2019 at 08:33 AM. Reason: More information
Old 05-13-2019, 09:22 AM
  #125  
JoeJr1485
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 470
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

What are our thoughts on using the HSD retracts but just changing out the front nose strut with the Electron strut for the larger front wheel? Or is HSD retracts (not struts) not good either for the grass?

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.