Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Airplane recommendation for an AMT Olympus HP

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Airplane recommendation for an AMT Olympus HP

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 05:02 AM
Ragz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Airplane recommendation for an AMT Olympus HP

I have this really amazing Olympus HP that came out off my Ultra Bandit. Its probably the best engine I have ever used. I wanted the UB to lose some weight so I decided to swap the Oly with a Rhino 200... another amazing engine. So now the trusty Olympus needs a new airplane. Any suggestions? Im not looking at anything super scale.

thanks.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:35 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

JMP firebird. Designed for the Olympus. Love mine. Have an olympus on my kingcat as well. I've seen them in the big yellow aircraft F18 as well.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:21 AM
marc s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anurag, just toying with selling my Vixen as lifestyle is not leaving me time to fly anymore, UB size but would handle the weight easy, large easy access to internals etc, you saw it at JP a few years back and was running a jet Italia 250....

marcs

Old 11-16-2018, 06:42 AM
kevinthoele
My Feedback: (1)

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Skymaster now middle size F4
Old 11-16-2018, 08:01 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Ragz
I have this really amazing Olympus HP that came out off my Ultra Bandit. Its probably the best engine I have ever used. I wanted the UB to lose some weight so I decided to swap the Oly with a Rhino 200... another amazing engine. So now the trusty Olympus needs a new airplane. Any suggestions? Im not looking at anything super scale.

thanks.
Too open ended a question... You say not "super scale," but does that mean only sport jets or just not (perhaps) heavy metal scale?

What about a Skygate (CARF) or Tomahawk Hawk? Or a Tomahawk or Skymaster big Viperjet?

You already have the sport jet of all sport jets in the Ultra, so you could go with a Firebird of you wanted a sport missile, or a Havoc or such if you wanted a giant sport aerobatic - whatever you call them...

Bob
Old 11-16-2018, 08:04 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I used to have one of these Olympus HP in a Velox XL, its a fast and big delta wing jet were the extra weight dose not bother it.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:30 AM
LGM Graphix

Originally Posted by mikes68charger
I used to have one of these Olympus HP in a Velox XL, its a fast and big delta wing jet were the extra weight dose not bother it.
I thought your velox had an AT450? The USA engine?

Last edited by LGM Graphix; 11-16-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:27 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
I thought your velox had an AT450? The USA engine?
Your right, it was the USA motor, so only 45 pounds of thrust, but a few more pounds would not of hurt things, LOL

Sad part was when I went to sell that AMT 450 last year the most I could get out of it was $800
Old 11-16-2018, 04:31 PM
LGM Graphix

Originally Posted by mikes68charger
Your right, it was the USA motor, so only 45 pounds of thrust, but a few more pounds would not of hurt things, LOL

Sad part was when I went to sell that AMT 450 last year the most I could get out of it was $800

yeah it's the downside to the USA engines and particularly if they are airstart. Even the NL engines if air start don't bring much but i'm ok with that I've bought 2 NL Pegasus air starts for $400canadian each (about 300usd) and one NL Olympus for $600 canadian (about 425usd) so i'm ok with that hahaha
Old 11-17-2018, 03:00 AM
Ragz

I guess I should have been a bit more specific. I already have the skygate hawk. I considered the Tomahawk Viper XXXXL, but thought the Oly might be underpowered for that... I have seen someone in spain fly that with the Titan or larger. I don't want a super fast missile. I would ideally want that beautiful TH viper XXXL.. only if it would give me amazing performance. When I say don't want super scale, I meant tons of work like on the AW 104, or the CARF F100...both amazing birds, but tons of work on them.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:19 AM
Ragz

Originally Posted by marc s
Anurag, just toying with selling my Vixen as lifestyle is not leaving me time to fly anymore, UB size but would handle the weight easy, large easy access to internals etc, you saw it at JP a few years back and was running a jet Italia 250....

marcs

Thats a very nice looking plane Marc.