Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Xicoy - LG15 Gyro Controlled Brakes

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Xicoy - LG15 Gyro Controlled Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2019, 07:00 PM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by AEROSHELDON
that is what I did. Removed the connectors and used a servo connector.
you can use a small flat screw driver, or exacting knife to remove the pins from the original case and then install them into a servo type three pin case, yes put them in the end slots, polarity does not matter because you can just flip the pin if the retracts are not all moving the same way.
Old 12-13-2019, 07:01 PM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Tip22v
you can use a small flat screw driver, or exacting knife to remove the pins from the original case and then install them into a servo type three pin case, yes put them in the end slots, polarity does not matter because you can just flip the pin if the retracts are not all moving the same way.
yes that is what I did. Thanks
Old 12-13-2019, 07:02 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Thanks. I have plenty of plastic servo connectors carcasses. I build my own extensions often.
Old 12-15-2019, 09:35 PM
bodywerks

Hmmm. JPhobby just replied back to my inquiry about output voltage. I wonder if I save this email I can hold it against them if I burn my gear motors up...

Old 12-16-2019, 06:47 AM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by bodywerks
Hmmm. JPhobby just replied back to my inquiry about output voltage. I wonder if I save this email I can hold it against them if I burn my gear motors up...
So I guess each of us who have measured the output voltage have defective volt meters, that are all defective the exact same way, seems very unlikely.

Can you post the exact wording of how you posed the question? I’m having a hard time believing that JP would be this wrong about their own product (although it’s entirely possible), I’m wondering if they are misunderstanding the question?
Old 12-16-2019, 06:58 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

This is correct. What goes incomes out! There is no regulation.
Old 12-16-2019, 08:55 AM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by Len Todd
This is correct. What goes incomes out! There is no regulation.
In post #83 you said your JP controller was regulated to 7.5v?
Old 12-16-2019, 09:08 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

be carefull
most electric retracts are current driven...
meaning a max of mA is used on the gears,,
with JP gears this is very low lower then Electron!
you WILL burn out the motors if you mix them
unless you have a Programmable Gear controller like the CRU
Old 12-16-2019, 09:12 AM
digitech

here is a Example of a Prgrammable Gear controller for Jeti radio,s

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...QwMjM3R2KQDKse
Old 12-16-2019, 09:22 AM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by digitech
here is a Example of a Prgrammable Gear controller for Jeti radio,s

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...QwMjM3R2KQDKse
Thx. The LG-15 cutoff current is adjustable, I measured the cutoff current using an Ammeter on the JP controller at .5 amps, then programmed the LG-15 to .5 Amps.

I just received my Digitech CRU, looking forward to trying it with my DS-24 soon
Old 12-16-2019, 09:24 AM
digitech

Thx. The LG-15 cutoff current is adjustable, I measured the cutoff current using an Ammeter on the JP controller at .5 amps, then programmed the LG-15 to .5 Amps.

I just received my Digitech CRU, looking forward to trying it with my DS-24 soon
0.5 is a good start , we did lots of testing on the JP gears , they are somewhat diffferent in cutoff current.
just look in the CRU status menu to see what they use , and use that to drive your cuttoff current.
Old 12-16-2019, 09:39 AM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by digitech
0.5 is a good start , we did lots of testing on the JP gears , they are somewhat diffferent in cutoff current.
just look in the CRU status menu to see what they use , and use that to drive your cuttoff current.
Will do, thanks so much for the help.
Old 12-16-2019, 10:00 AM
digitech

thats the jphobby france , they dont know much technical..
its for a reason JP hobbys uses more then 10 versions of gear controllers ..
Old 12-16-2019, 01:53 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

That is correct. The title of this thread is Xicoy LGC 1... . I thought that the Xicoy was what was being referred to. Apparently, it is not clear from the quoted post. My bad.

Bottom Line: The OEM JP controller has a VR, Xicoy LCG 15 does not. What ever voltage goes in that Xicoy comes out to the gear motors. If someone can't seem to figure that out, good luck to them in this aspect of the hobby. It is getting tiring dealing with folks who can't take the time to read manuals and/or figure it out on the bench.

Besides, all you really need to know is that the JP controller is trash and if you use a Xicoy LCG15 to replace it, you may need a VR depending on the type of gear motors you have. If you are not sure what your gear can take, contact the manufacture. We know that you can burn out JP gear motors at 8.4 VDC. That s why the JP controller has the VR.

I set both my E-geared jet up on the bench and started with low voltage and amps and increased volts and amps until they work reliably. Then bump the voltage and amps up one-tenth, just to make sure they work in the air. A good starting point is 7.5 VDC and .5 amps.
Old 12-16-2019, 02:37 PM
Tip22v

That is correct. The title of this thread is Xicoy LGC 1... . I thought that the Xicoy was what was being referred to. Apparently, it is not clear from the quoted post. My bad.

Bottom Line: The OEM JP controller has a VR, Xicoy LCG 15 does not. What ever voltage goes in that Xicoy comes out to the gear motors. If someone can't seem to figure that out, good luck to them in this aspect of the hobby. It is getting tiring dealing with folks who can't take the time to read manuals and/or figure it out on the bench.

Besides, all you really need to know is that the JP controller is trash and if you use a Xicoy LCG15 to replace it, you may need a VR depending on the type of gear motors you have. If you are not sure what your gear can take, contact the manufacture. We know that you can burn out JP gear motors at 8.4 VDC. That s why the JP controller has the VR.

I set both my E-geared jet up on the bench and started with low voltage and amps and increased volts and amps until they work reliably. Then bump the voltage and amps up one-tenth, just to make sure they work in the air. A good starting point is 7.5 VDC and .5 amps.
Well said, sorry for the confusion
Old 12-16-2019, 11:25 PM
digitech

we also did a lot of testing with the JP gears with all of them
2S lion is no problem.
on the er200 i use life 9.9 (3S)
so no VR is needed on the JP gears.
however you do need a reall nice Current control.
anythin over it and no rewind will cause jamming and burning of the motors.
so measure your JP current and use this for the controller.
that is why JP have so many controllers to select from , its all about the Max current off.

Old 12-28-2019, 02:48 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

So a question about he LG-15. Why wont it store my settings, and keeps resetting back to the original settings?
Old 12-28-2019, 08:56 PM
Tip22v

I’m not sure, but possibly check the micro SD card to make sure it’s seated and not corrupt?
Old 12-29-2019, 09:23 AM
Desertlakesflying

I’m not sure, but possibly check the micro SD card to make sure it’s seated and not corrupt?
Its still saving theboriginal setup, but it doesnt let the doors open before the geqr comes down, so I changed the step 8 to gear up to give time for the doors to open, but it wont save that.
Also it has no SD card. The slot for the micro is empty. It has saved everything else though

Last edited by Desertlakesflying; 12-29-2019 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-29-2019, 09:31 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Desertlakesflying
Its still saving theboriginal setup, but it doesnt let the doors open before the geqr comes down, so I changed the step 8 to gear up to give time for the doors to open, but it wont save that.
Also it has no SD card. The slot for the micro is empty. It has saved everything else though
Are you going into the save menu and saving it? I think you only have to do that if you put an SD card in and want to save it to the card? Otherwise it just saves automatically. Have you tried just putting in your settings backing out to the main menu and then turning it off and back on and see if it sticks?

Oh never mind I just re-read your post that it saved everything else. Maybe try updating or re-flashing the firmware?

Old 12-29-2019, 02:30 PM
bodywerks

So, I had a heck of a time getting my brakes set up on my Rebel HOT, and now I think I know why - the left brake went completely dead at the field on maiden day.
I know this is of topic, but has anyone had a brake go completely dead? I checked ohms of both brakes and both are at 10ish ohms. I checked voltage at the fuselage connection and get battery voltage at 100% brake power. I then connected the brakes and probed the wires right at the brake and only got 4.2 volts at 100% brake power. I'm assuming this is because of the resistance in the coil of wires. I didn't compare the good brake, but I assume it would probably be the same. Guess I'll have to check and guess I'll have to order a couple more brakes.
Old 12-29-2019, 02:47 PM
Desertlakesflying

Originally Posted by camss69
Are you going into the save menu and saving it? I think you only have to do that if you put an SD card in and want to save it to the card? Otherwise it just saves automatically. Have you tried just putting in your settings backing out to the main menu and then turning it off and back on and see if it sticks?

Oh never mind I just re-read your post that it saved everything else. Maybe try updating or re-flashing the firmware?
Yeah, it wouldnt matter if I saved it because as soon as I exit out of the sequencer menu it resets
Old 12-29-2019, 03:45 PM
Desertlakesflying

Ended up adjusting the delay on step 1 to solve the gear down too soon issue
Old 12-29-2019, 06:35 PM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by Desertlakesflying
Ended up adjusting the delay on step 1 to solve the gear down too soon issue
what did you do to get it to save your settings?
Old 12-30-2019, 05:08 PM
Desertlakesflying

what did you do to get it to save your settings?
It saved that one. Would not save on step 8 at all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.