Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Powerbox Core radio and set up thread.

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Powerbox Core radio and set up thread.

Old 12-12-2020, 08:04 AM
marksp
My Feedback: (9)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Curious what folks would recommend for new CORE orders? When I picked up my current Jeti DS-24, I had HD springs, security switch and higher capacity/faster internal SD card installed. Are similar options available and recommended for CORE? What about - Screen protector? Screen cleaner? Stylus? Switch removal tool? Other?

Cheers
Old 12-12-2020, 09:25 AM
dvcam99

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi,

1. Switch removal tool comes with the CORE TX.

2. Screen protector I did a plot on my self no rocket sience if you have or know somenbody with a cutting plotter. But check the PowerBox forum for it too. I belive some screen protector dealer can deliver the right size already.

3. No need for a different SD card. From time to time I dump my loggs to a separate USB stick.

4. Cleaner spray I use the following:

KONTAKT 5011: Bildschirmreiniger, Screen TFT, 100 ml, ohne LŲsungsmittel bei reichelt elektronik

BR

Dirk
CB Elektronics
Old 12-12-2020, 03:56 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

MarkSp,

- PB don't offer a screen protector - I was told that they believe the screen does not need one and only put one on for a delivery protection. Anyway, the one that came with the Tx is still good after 8 months. But as Dirk said, very easy to make or get one cut, if you want to.
- Consider the flat Tx case rather than the upright version. Of course if you are going for the tray style Tx then you'll get it anyway. The problem with the upright case is that it falls over very easily when the lid is open and the Tx is out. It is also not very user friendly if you like to carry other bits in your Tx case.
- The most important though, is to consider the switches and their positions when you specify your Tx. Two of the switches are not user changeable later. (If I remember right, it is the top, front two - but it is clearly indicated on the order form). Of course you may want to get the stick switches if that suits your control layout.
- Any stylus from your local computer store will work.
- I am not aware of any other options from PB, but there are some optional side levers available from guys on the PB forum.

Enjoy the CORE!

JanR
Old 12-12-2020, 10:07 PM
marksp
My Feedback: (9)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Right on, thanks for the responses!

Cheers!
Old 12-13-2020, 12:15 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 201 Likes on 163 Posts

I remove my Tx...close the lid walk away! There are not many days per year here where itís not damp and I donít want that getting into the foam.
When I return I open the lid put it in and close the lid again.

I have customers who treat their radios like a screw driver, left lying around. Iím amazed they donít have more issues.

Old 12-14-2020, 12:31 PM
Thruster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CORE SCREEN PROTECTOR

Anyone wanting a screen protector for their PB Core, these guys do it and turnaround is good and not expensive - if you order 10 then spread the cost with mates etc.

https://www.protectionfilms24.com/cu...cc8d04911e1e70

Brotect AirGlass Screen Protector custom size 75mm x 112mm, Radius: 6.0mm

Last edited by Thruster; 12-14-2020 at 12:34 PM.
Old 12-14-2020, 06:21 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Thruster View Post
CORE SCREEN PROTECTOR

Anyone wanting a screen protector for their PB Core, these guys do it and turnaround is good and not expensive - if you order 10 then spread the cost with mates etc.

https://www.protectionfilms24.com/cu...cc8d04911e1e70

Brotect AirGlass Screen Protector custom size 75mm x 112mm, Radius: 6.0mm
​​​​​​
Not a bad idea to get 10 units I guess, but there are not 10 Core tx radios in my entire state..... lol
Old 12-14-2020, 08:59 PM
Springbok Flyer

Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
​​​​​​
Not a bad idea to get 10 units I guess, but there are not 10 Core tx radios in my entire state..... lol
Yeah, I don't think we have 10 in the whole of Australia either....LOL But I love mine anyway and think it is fantastic!

JanR
Old 12-14-2020, 10:04 PM
Dave Wilshere

There are more than 15 just in my model club. One of my early customers cut a load, but I still have not fitted one, some have, some haven’t the screen is very good. The thread starter radio is still unmarked

Dave
Old 02-12-2021, 06:43 PM
vilysakowski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all,
I've got a Krill Extra 330SC 41% with PowerBox Champion SRS/Smoke Pump/Spark Switch. It is setup with my Futaba 18SZ. I've decided to change radios and ordered the PowerBox Core radio along with the PBR-26D receivers (I can't wait for it to arrive!). My question is, what is the transition procedure from the 18SZ to the Core Radio with the Champion SRS used for servo matching/end points? The Champion SRS in my Krill Extra 330SC is currently set to Futaba radio control mode. All of the servo matching and channel outputs were assigned in the Champion SRS. My Krill has 3 servos per wing and 2 for the rudder. I did adjust the sub trim/end points in the 18SZ for the Root servos on the wings/rudder. I then matched the center/end points on the 2nd/3rd servos for each wing and 2nd rudder servo using the Champion SRS. I set the throttle/choke servo/Spark Switch/smoke pump end points using the 18SZ radio. For your reference to make things easier, here is my current servo output list currently setup with the Champion SRS:

Throttle: Channel # 3, Port - B

Choke: Channel # 10

SparkSwitch: Channel # 9

Smoke Pump: Channel # 11, Port - C

Left Aileron, Channel # 1

lnboard Servo: Port - S

Middle Servo: Port - T

Outboard Servo: Port - W

Right Aileron, Channel # 6

lnboard Servo: Port - H

Middle Servo: Port - G

Outboard Servo: Port - D

Rudder, Channel # 4

Top Servo: Port - L

Bottom Servo (Master Servo): Port - K

Elevator: Channel # 2

Left Elevator: Port - P

Right Elevator: Port - O

I'd like to learn how to properly transition from the 18SZ Radio to the PowerBox CORE so that it's not too complicated. I've read the manuals on this new radio but I don't know what to do since all of the wings/rudder/elevator servos were matched in the PowerBox Champion SRS and I don't quite understand assigning servos in the CORE radio at this moment. I know that you can assign servos to any function in the PowerBox Core Radio but I don't know how it works since the Champion SRS has it's own assignments and servo outputs. I'd like as much help as possible before my new radio arrives in a few weeks so that I'll be able to easily transition from my Futaba 18SZ to the CORE radio. If you need any more information please let me know and I'll gladly provide it here in this thread.

Thank you

Last edited by vilysakowski; 02-12-2021 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-12-2021, 10:31 PM
Springbok Flyer

Like Richard suggested on the PowerBox forum - just wait until you have the CORE. Then you will see how easy it all is.

JanR
Old 02-13-2021, 12:28 AM
Dave Wilshere

1st what software version on the Champion SRS? How old is the unit and does it have PB as a radio option?
If so you can just change the Radio system and plug in the 26D’s the matching etc will stay.
Since you are coming from Futaba use the same channel assignment numbers in the Core. So 1 Aileron, 2 Elevator 3 throttle etc. When you ‘build’ the model memory after first starting a new model select Aerobatic model type and using your Futaba as a pattern for each function move a stick or switch/lever/knob to select what controls that channel and select a servo number between 1 & 26 to match the Futaba channel number.
Watch for things like direction which is reversed to Futaba and also I recommend you take a ball link screw out of 2 of the aileron servos on each wing/ tail before you power up. For sometime the movement from the start is only 50% to stop people swapping radio types over travelling and destroying servos.
You will need to increase these to the Futaba figures ( as a starting point)

Before you ever switch on this existing model I suggest you build the model memory, look at the servo monitor screen and get things working so they match the Futaba Tx closely

You will love the Core flexibility once you understand it...it’s Ssooooo much easier to program than any Futaba since the late 70’s!
The following users liked this post:
dvcam99 (02-13-2021)
Old 02-13-2021, 07:19 AM
vilysakowski

Originally Posted by Springbok Flyer View Post
Like Richard suggested on the PowerBox forum - just wait until you have the CORE. Then you will see how easy it all is.

JanR
Exactly! I'm just really excited on getting this radio. I've read a lot of good things and reviews about it.
Old 02-13-2021, 07:22 AM
vilysakowski

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere View Post
1st what software version on the Champion SRS? How old is the unit and does it have PB as a radio option?
If so you can just change the Radio system and plug in the 26Dís the matching etc will stay.
Since you are coming from Futaba use the same channel assignment numbers in the Core. So 1 Aileron, 2 Elevator 3 throttle etc. When you Ďbuildí the model memory after first starting a new model select Aerobatic model type and using your Futaba as a pattern for each function move a stick or switch/lever/knob to select what controls that channel and select a servo number between 1 & 26 to match the Futaba channel number.
Watch for things like direction which is reversed to Futaba and also I recommend you take a ball link screw out of 2 of the aileron servos on each wing/ tail before you power up. For sometime the movement from the start is only 50% to stop people swapping radio types over travelling and destroying servos.
You will need to increase these to the Futaba figures ( as a starting point)

Before you ever switch on this existing model I suggest you build the model memory, look at the servo monitor screen and get things working so they match the Futaba Tx closely

You will love the Core flexibility once you understand it...itís Ssooooo much easier to program than any Futaba since the late 70ís!
I always update my PowerBox stuff to the newest version. So it should have PB as a radio option. Richard has said the same thing on the PowerBox forums. I literally can't wait that's how excited I am for this new radio!
Old 02-20-2021, 08:14 PM
vilysakowski

I talked with my vendor and it looks like these radios will be arriving and shipping by the end of this month. Can't wait! I ordered the black one.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:58 AM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

does that mean there will be some available for immediate purchase and shipping from Powerbox-Americas?
Old 02-21-2021, 05:09 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts

Aero Panda has some stock right now as I understand it
Old 02-21-2021, 08:30 AM
Dave Wilshere

We had our first delivery of 2021 last week and more coming. PB are catching up with orders.

The following users liked this post:
Richard m Crapp (Yesterday)
Old 02-21-2021, 11:39 AM
Bob_B

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by jvaliensi View Post
does that mean there will be some available for immediate purchase and shipping from Powerbox-Americas?
Talked to Danny at Aeropanda they have inventory.
Old 02-21-2021, 12:15 PM
BarracudaHockey

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post
Talked to Danny at Aeropanda they have inventory.
There must be an echo in here
Old 02-21-2021, 02:30 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
Aero Panda has some stock right now as I understand it
I got a bunch of stuff from Chief the other day but they said the tx's hadn't shown up yet. Expecting them any day.
Old 02-21-2021, 06:40 PM
vilysakowski

Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
I got a bunch of stuff from Chief the other day but they said the tx's hadn't shown up yet. Expecting them any day.
I ordered mine through Chief as well. I hope that's true that they should be arriving any day now. I haven't been this excited for a new radio in many years!
Old 02-21-2021, 09:12 PM
AngusMc

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Iíve had my radio for about a year now, it is by far the best radio I have ever owned, I can say enough good about it .

Angus
Old 02-23-2021, 06:28 AM
jvaliensi

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Does the powerbox PBus work with devices like CortexPro and Digitech?
Old 02-23-2021, 06:41 AM
Bob_B

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by jvaliensi View Post
Does the powerbox PBus work with devices like CortexPro and Digitech?
Switching brands for a reason?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.