Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Powerbox Core radio and set up thread.

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Powerbox Core radio and set up thread.

Old 02-23-2021, 08:45 AM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I may add Powerbox to my collection. I'm too heavily invested in Jeti to switch completely.
I find the Jeti color screen to be cutting edge technology, 1990.
The PowerBox radio is more 21st century. Plus, I have fun learning new systems.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:54 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

New stuff is always fun! Thought you might be upset with your current radio system. I really like the Core too, I struggle with spending that amount of money on Tx. My DS-14 has served my quite well.
I will most likely migrate to the DS 16 Gen 2 when available.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:54 AM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

I know some guys run a Cortex and a Mercury for Thrust Vectoring....
Old 02-23-2021, 08:59 AM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post
New stuff is always fun! Thought you might be upset with your current radio system. I really like the Core too, I struggle with spending that amount of money on Tx. My DS-14 has served my quite well.
I will most likely migrate to the DS 16 Gen 2 when available.
Well, I did loose two airplanes due to me making mistakes with Jeti setup (And I've been using Jeti for five years!) If I was using Spektrum, Futaba, etc, this wouldn't have happened. I think about that. A system so complex that errors are possible and will have disastrous results, may not be desirable.
Old 02-23-2021, 09:05 AM
Bob_B

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by jvaliensi View Post
Well, I did loose two airplanes due to me making mistakes with Jeti setup (And I've been using Jeti for five years!) If I was using Spektrum, Futaba, etc, this wouldn't have happened. I think about that. A system so complex that errors are possible and will have disastrous results, may not be desirable.
At least you are man enough to admit you made a mistake, most blame it on the radio. I keep my setup simple by using single Rx driving a Cortex Pro. Gives me all the channels I need. I know David uses pretty much the same setup on the majority of his models but with a 900 BU Rx.
Old 02-24-2021, 01:31 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AEROSHELDON View Post
I know some guys run a Cortex and a Mercury for Thrust Vectoring....
Hmmm......

I've got a SebArt Avanti S (the one in my Avatar) with a Behotec 180, TV and a Mercury on Futaba rx's. It's not been flown in some time while I chased fuel leaks and had some personal issues. But it felt like it had real promise with just the Mercury and the GPS module, are you saying it won't hover without a Cortex?

Last edited by Zeeb; 02-24-2021 at 01:34 AM.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:10 AM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

It should fly, hover, etc just fine with the igyro in the Mercury. It’s a Ford vs Chevy thing, some prefer the Cortex some the Powerbox. If you want you can use a Cortex gyro with a Mercury. Check out Archie Staffords videos hovering his Mephisto with the Powerbox gyro.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:24 AM
AEROSHELDON

Originally Posted by husafreak View Post
It should fly, hover, etc just fine with the igyro in the Mercury. It’s a Ford vs Chevy thing, some prefer the Cortex some the Powerbox. If you want you can use a Cortex gyro with a Mercury. Check out Archie Staffords videos hovering his Mephisto with the Powerbox gyro.
Yes, I plan to use the Mercury for all but TV, and the Cortex for TV. Seems like a lot of Florida guys do this with sucess. Adam said not necessary (as stated in my quote) but could be just a little better.
The following users liked this post:
husafreak (02-24-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 11:29 AM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

The actual hovering on my Mephisto is pretty “Hands off” with a Royal gyro. I think one of the reasons the Cortex is so popular with that plane is CARF uses the Cortex and gives settings in the manual. It might be a better gyro, who knows? I had both the iGyro and now Cortex in my BVM F-16 and cannot tell the difference. I wanted to try the Cortex after having several iGyros, for me it’s a wash. Of course tuning could change how either fly.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:50 AM
AEROSHELDON

thanks!!
Old Yesterday, 10:42 PM
vilysakowski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any news on when can we start to expect these radios to ship? I hope its soon. Any bit of information would be appreciated.

Last edited by vilysakowski; Yesterday at 10:48 PM.
Old Today, 05:21 AM
BarracudaHockey

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts

I believe Aero Panda has stock, check with them or Chief Aircraft