Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Powerbox Core radio and set up thread.

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Powerbox Core radio and set up thread.

Old 02-28-2021, 09:45 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 732 Likes on 528 Posts

Powerbox sell a neat small 12-15v cigarette type charger you can have in the car. I cut the cigarette part off and added croc clips for a battery, as is said even a normal 2 day Jet meeting I don’t expect to charge my Core Tx
Old 03-01-2021, 10:24 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi
Anyone have done a flameout alarm with the CORE?
Did you use RPM, Pump voltage, Turbine Status to trigger the alarm?
Thanks
Old 03-01-2021, 10:45 AM
dvcam99

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello Edgar,

with our ECU data converter there is a advice in the manual in order to use the pump voltage.
Pump voltage is fast and accurate as a source for the flame out alarm.

We have a "Armed-Alarm" feature/process inside our converter. This avoids a wrong alarm during turbine preparation and start up.
Once you turbine has raised a certain amount of rpm, the alarming is armed in case of a 0Volt message from the turbine ECU.

So with other words the alarm concept relies very much on the design of your CORE ECU data converter.

BR
Dirk
CB Elektronics
Old 03-06-2021, 09:49 AM
RC_MAN
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default VSpeak not visible in Core for JetsMunts turbine

For some reason my VSpeak module is not connecting to the Core. It is for the JetsMunts 166 turbine.

Here is my set up. (please see picture)
Two PBR 26 channel receivers going into Powerbox Pioneer
Receiver one is first going into PBS Dock and then into the RX1 port in the Pioneer. The V Speak module is also hooked up to the PBS Dock.
Receiver 2 is hooked up to RX2 port

When I power up the system, the V speak module flashes both the green and blue LED's. (per the instructions this is normal)
I rescan for sensors with the radio using either the receiver or the Pioneer but no luck. Is there a procedure for rescanning for the sensor that I'm missing?
Any ideas? Thanks again​​​​​​​

using either the receiver or the Pioneer but no luck.

Old 03-06-2021, 11:40 AM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 110 Likes on 88 Posts

What receiver would I need for a jet with a Cortex Pro?
There are 10 channels. Could I send Pbus to the CortexPro?
Old 03-06-2021, 12:21 PM
cbk07
My Feedback: (64)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RC_MAN
For some reason my VSpeak module is not connecting to the Core. It is for the JetsMunts 166 turbine.

Receiver one is first going into PBS Dock and then into the RX1 port in the Pioneer. The V Speak module is also hooked up to the PBS Dock.

When I power up the system, the V speak module flashes both the green and blue LED's. (per the instructions this is normal)
I rescan for sensors with the radio using either the receiver or the Pioneer but no luck. Is there a procedure for rescanning for the sensor that I'm missing?
Any ideas? Thanks again

Is the ECU plugged in/powered up? Just a thought.....it may need power to send telemetry signal
Old 03-06-2021, 01:55 PM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

EDIT

Found out that for my situation that SBus is not the way to go.

Last edited by AEROSHELDON; 03-07-2021 at 06:08 AM.
Old 03-06-2021, 10:35 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by RC_MAN

I have had this happen to me and found that the connection with the ECU was bad. Check your male & female or ECU connections. But I think the main reason is that the VSpeak must be plugged into the P2-Bus port of any of the two receivers. It is not clear in your photo if indeed you've done that.

JanR

Last edited by Springbok Flyer; 03-06-2021 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:06 PM
jvaliensi

Received 110 Likes on 88 Posts

I am wondering if the Core does voice output like Jeti? i.e. when a flip the gear switch, my radio says "gear retracted". Can custom wav files be added?
Will it read out telemetry parameters on demand? I have a push button, so the radio can tell me fuel level, speed, battery info, etc.

I went 30-years without this feature, but now I'd hate to loose it.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:33 PM
AngusMc

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Voice is under main menu, type in what ever you want it to say and press play, for different voices hold the play button down and various character voices will show up. Attach voice to any switch position

it’s easy and brilliant

am
Old 03-12-2021, 02:59 PM
vilysakowski

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, I'm in desperate need of help. I'd like to talk to someone over the phone. My phone number is (517) 375-5338. My servos are twitching severly after the receivers have been bound even though no stick movement occurs. Id prefer to talk over the phone.
Old 03-12-2021, 03:38 PM
Dave Wilshere

Either way you need to give more info! Rx’s are connected to what. What servos. Gyro or not
Old 03-12-2021, 03:57 PM
vilysakowski

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
Either way you need to give more info! Rx’s are connected to what. What servos. Gyro or not
I've got two PBR-26D's connected to RX1/2. MKS HBL380's all around and MKS HV1220s on throttle and choke. PowerBox Champion SRS installed. I'm doing a transition from the 18SZ and had a bunch of programming/servo matching in the Champion SRS from my Futaba. Everything was working fine in the Futaba 18SZ with 2 R7008SB's. Once I connected the two PBR-26Ds in and bound them to the CORE radio, the servos started to twitch and not respond to my stick movements even though the servo/channels match in the champion/Core radio. Servos a going crazy and jumping all over the place while not even moving the sticks.
Old 03-12-2021, 03:58 PM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

Are the champion and the core/rx's on the same protocol?
Old 03-12-2021, 04:28 PM
vilysakowski

Originally Posted by AEROSHELDON
Are the champion and the core/rx's on the same protocol?
Any chance you could call me? My phone number is (517) 375-5338. It would be easier to explain it that way. I'm not sure what protocol means? Could you explain?
Old 03-12-2021, 04:36 PM
cbk07
My Feedback: (64)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by vilysakowski
Any chance you could call me? My phone number is (517) 375-5338. It would be easier to explain it that way. I'm not sure what protocol means? Could you explain?
Did you change the Tx System in the Champion from Sbus to whatever Powerbox Core calls their protocol?

Old 03-12-2021, 04:49 PM
vilysakowski

Originally Posted by cbk07
Did you change the Tx System in the Champion from Sbus to whatever Powerbox Core calls their protocol?

Yes. It is set to P2Bus. I've noticed that there is a framerate of 18ms. What should I set the framrate to? Do I leave it a 18ms or adjust it? I have no idea.
Old 03-12-2021, 05:39 PM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Also you can post or search on the Powerbox support forum Richard or someone will probably answer overnight. I can’t help you I haven’t had that problem.
Old 03-12-2021, 06:55 PM
vilysakowski

OK: Let me rephrase everything again:I have a Champion SRS and 2 PBR-26D receivers. The CORE radio is updated to 3.25, Champion SRS is 0.1.0 and the PBR-26Ds are 2.7. Everything is updated to the latest version. The TX settings in the Champion SRS is P2-Bus S.Bus. Framerate is set to 18ms. One receiver has a y connection to the telemetry port in the Champion SRS and is connected to RX2 in the Champion. The other receiver is connected to RX1 in the champion. Both receivers are connected into the P2-Bus port and NOT the fast track/data port. Batteries are Li-Ion 5800Mah set to 7.4volts. I created a new model in the CORE and I setup all of the functions. When I bind both receivers and turn on the system, all of the servos are twitching/jerking. This happens randomly and moving the sticks on the radio makes the twitching even worse. The servos just jump around all over the place when I have the system turned on, even when I don't touch the radio sticks, the twitching/jerking of the servos is very severe and changes all of the time. Even the center position of the servo keeps jumping around. I've noticed when the CORE radio is turned off and the Champion is ON, the servos are normal and no twitching occurs. The moment I turn on the CORE radio, the twitching/jerking of the servos begins. Richard, if you happen to read this message, I'd prefer if you could give me a call at +1 517 375 5338. There's a lot of stuff to explain and it would be better if we'd talk over the phone. I'm completely lost on this issue and don't know what to do.

I've decided to reset the Champion SRS to factory settings. I made sure it was then updated to the newest version. Nothing changed. The servo twitching/jerking happens all the time. I've noticed if I move the throttle stick up and down, the jerking/twitching on all servos becomes even worse.The twitching/jerking is when worst when I move the sticks around but is still very bad when none of the sticks are moved on the CORE radio. I haven't even assigned the output mapping of the Champion SRS yet and all of the servos are jerking very badly. I don't know what to do. I've tried every possible solution at this moment and I'm simply lost at this point.

Last edited by vilysakowski; 03-12-2021 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-12-2021, 07:08 PM
vilysakowski

I have MKS HBL380's all around except for throttle and choke which have HV1220's. I'm doing a transition from the 18SZ to the CORE radio. I pulled all of my Futaba Equipment from this airplane and installed PowerBox Receivers. The jerking happens on all servos. I've noticed that when the radio is turned off but the champion srs is turned on. the twitching/jerking disappears. The moment I turn the CORE radio on, the twitching begins immediately. Its very severe. Even though no functions are assigned in the Champion SRS, the twitching happens on all servos and moving the throttle stick up and down makes everything even worse. Keeping in mind I haven't even assigned anything to the throttle servo.
Old 03-12-2021, 07:08 PM
vilysakowski

Here is a comparison of my Champion SRS settings and CORE settings. This was before the reset of my Champion SRS. I plan on re-doing everything the same way if I can get rid of the twitching. Again, resetting the Champion SRS had no effect on the servo twitching. Deleting and making a new model also had no effect on the twitching/jerking of all servos in the plane.

Champion SRS:

Throttle: Channel # 3, Port - B

Choke: Channel # 10

SparkSwitch: Channel # 9

Smoke Pump: Channel # 11, Port - C

Left Aileron, Channel # 1

lnboard Servo: Port - S

Middle Servo: Port - T

Outboard Servo: Port - W

Right Aileron, Channel # 6

lnboard Servo: Port - H

Middle Servo: Port - G

Outboard Servo: Port - D

Rudder, Channel # 4

Top Servo: Port - L

Bottom Servo (Master Servo): Port - K

Elevator: Channel # 2

Left Elevator: Port - P

Right Elevator: Port - O

CORE:

Aileron Left - Servo 1

Aileron Right - Servo 6

Elevator - Servo 2

Rudder - Servo 4

Throttle - Servo 3

Choke - Servo 10

SparkSwitch - Servo 9

Smoke Pump - Servo 11

I will also add that the servos aren't responding precisely with my stick movements either. For example, when I move the rudder stick on the Core, the rudder servo will jump to the left if I move the rudder stick left but will jerk/twitch/jump afterwards and do its own movements and vise versa for right rudder.
Attached Images    

Last edited by vilysakowski; 03-12-2021 at 08:20 PM.
Old 03-12-2021, 07:10 PM
vilysakowski

If anyone is willing to talk over the phone. My phone: (517) 375-5338. It would be easier to talk this over and maybe work out a solution. I'm basically brand new to the CORE and maybe I missed something. Call me anytime.
Old 03-12-2021, 11:39 PM
blackcat

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Receivers must connect to bat data port (red ) on 26d NOT p2 bus ( blue ).This is the source of jittering servos
Old 03-13-2021, 12:01 AM
Dave Wilshere

Pbus2 is correct. Take your Y lead out for now to remove your tele system.
A photo of the Rx wiring would help. Also who did you buy the system from? They are your point of contact and should phone you...
The following users liked this post:
Springbok Flyer (03-13-2021)
Old 03-13-2021, 03:55 AM
vilysakowski

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
Pbus2 is correct. Take your Y lead out for now to remove your tele system.
A photo of the Rx wiring would help. Also who did you buy the system from? They are your point of contact and should phone you...
OK. I'll try that. I bought it from Chief Aircraft but PB America's gets it first and distributes them in the USA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.