Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Powerbox Core radio and set up thread.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Powerbox Core radio and set up thread.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2023, 04:41 AM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks!
Old 05-15-2023, 05:10 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

Yea, myself included. I'll see Richard this week, the Germany crew are at Joe Nall, I'll mention it to him again.
The following users liked this post:
Springbok Flyer (05-15-2023)
Old 05-15-2023, 10:58 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
Yea, myself included. I'll see Richard this week, the Germany crew are at Joe Nall, I'll mention it to him again.
Andy,

Since you’re meeting with Richard, could you ask the progress of being able to look at the whole flight’s telemetry on the Core’s Screen. Rather then just the maximum limit, and having to remember to look at it before the transmitter is turned off. I don’t want to download, upload, or hook up to a computer, laptop, or WiFi. Some of us use our phones for everything and no longer have a home office, laptop, etc. So huge inconvenience not being in the transmitter’s memory. I was told the transmitter doesn’t have enough memory? Maybe there’s a way to plug in more memory for the current transmitter. And install more memory with the current production?

It was very helpful for making adjustments when I flew a previous brand. While at the field, even after I turned the transmitter off, I could turn it back on, and go through any flight’s telemetry back to the beginning of the model. I’ve missed that feature and information source.

On the voice telemetry, when announcing Speed. It says, “Miles H”, or “Knots H”. The short version doesn’t sound well.

Thank you Andy.
Springbok Flyer (05-15-2023)
Old 05-16-2023, 09:29 PM
CostasV

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan
I was told the transmitter doesn’t have enough memory?
Curious as to who you heard this from..... Unless it was from PB themselves I would not necessarily assume as it being the case.

Old 05-17-2023, 03:21 AM
RCFlyerDan

Originally Posted by CostasV
Curious as to who you heard this from..... Unless it was from PB themselves I would not necessarily assume as it being the case.
Not an assumption. It was from PB, and I don’t want to get that person in trouble. But there aren’t many people working there. This is one area where PB is behind. I’ve been requesting this feature for a couple years.
Trust me, I love this radio and not knocking it. Just suggestions to take it to a new level. The Competition has it, and if PB wants to be the best on the market, they need to step up.
One of the reasons I love this radio is direct updates from WiFi, and back when BlueCom worked. It’s a pain now for updating Mercury’s, GPS, etc. Now my transmitter and receivers get updated, but not necessarily my Mercury’s or Competition SR2. When BlueCom worked, the hassle of hooking up to a laptop or computer isn’t there. Huge selling point for me. One of the reasons I got rid of the other brand. So this part is better than the competition.

Last edited by RCFlyerDan; 05-17-2023 at 03:29 AM.
Old 05-17-2023, 08:13 AM
RCFlyerDan

I will add, that I like PB, Danny, Adam and Regina and their service well enough that I have bought back into JetCat engines. I haven’t owned a JetCat for at least 12+ years. I just bought a JetCat P250 Pro, and inherited a little P100. The 100 is at their place now for bearings. I only fly turbines and everything I own is controlled with PB. So, I am a loyal customer and fan. Not complaining, just suggesting, since Andy has a direct ear.
AEROSHELDON (05-17-2023)
Old 05-17-2023, 05:11 PM
CostasV

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan
Not an assumption. It was from PB, and I don’t want to get that person in trouble.
Fair enough.

It would be handy for some.

Generally I operate using the min/max values for my flights as 99.9% of the time nothing odd appears and these values are within operating limits.

If something seems amiss with those readings then I would go the next step and investigate at a much higher granular level on my tablet/pc etc. So far I have not had to do this since owning the radio for almost a year now.

On my intial use when I was first using the radio I would look at the log files in deatil but soon got bored of that when nothing of interest was showing up....

Last edited by CostasV; 05-17-2023 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-18-2023, 12:56 AM
Scott Baker

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone set up a Xicoy telemetry X adapter on the core/atom?

I can't seem to get it to work, trying on 2 different jets. (Xicoy 180, Munts 210)

On the Xicoy telemetry adapter go into advanced settings and change from jeti to powerbox, set fuel tank capacity etc... done

Setup
Powerbox Atom with a Pioneer and 2x 26D PBR receivers and an iSat iGyro sensor.

The iSat gyro plugs into the Pioneer in the center port on the power side labeled FAST Track
The 26D receivers plug into the RX1 and RX2 ports using the P2Bus ports

Using a Y-Harness, disconnect RX1 at the receiver end and connect the Y so that the male coming from the Pioneer is plugged into a female on the Y, the male coming from the adapter is plugged into the other female on the Y, and the male from the Y plugged into the P2Bus port on the receiver.
Power up and add a telemetry widget for RX1 status.
Set the DATA OUT to P2Bus Out, also tried all the other settings i.e FastTrack

S.BUS

SRXL-16

PWM

Bring up your RX1 widget and click RESCAN SENSORS and nothing....
Old 05-18-2023, 03:32 AM
icicles

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott Baker
Has anyone set up a Xicoy telemetry X adapter on the core/atom?

I can't seem to get it to work, trying on 2 different jets. (Xicoy 180, Munts 210)

On the Xicoy telemetry adapter go into advanced settings and change from jeti to powerbox, set fuel tank capacity etc... done

Setup
Powerbox Atom with a Pioneer and 2x 26D PBR receivers and an iSat iGyro sensor.

The iSat gyro plugs into the Pioneer in the center port on the power side labeled FAST Track
The 26D receivers plug into the RX1 and RX2 ports using the P2Bus ports

Using a Y-Harness, disconnect RX1 at the receiver end and connect the Y so that the male coming from the Pioneer is plugged into a female on the Y, the male coming from the adapter is plugged into the other female on the Y, and the male from the Y plugged into the P2Bus port on the receiver.
Power up and add a telemetry widget for RX1 status.
Set the DATA OUT to P2Bus Out, also tried all the other settings i.e FastTrack

S.BUS

SRXL-16

PWM

Bring up your RX1 widget and click RESCAN SENSORS and nothing....
Yes, did basically the same setup this afternoon. Had problems also
My setup 2 x 26D receivers. Isat, Pioneer GPS !!!
RX1 and RX2 out of the Pioneer go into the 26D's P2Bus ports on each receiver
GPS111 and Isat went into the Fastrack port on the Pioneer, y lead

Initially i configured the Fast track port on receiver 1 to a P2Bus and connected the Xicoy telemetry here. It doesn't work (So rx now has two P2Bus ports)

You have to connect the main P2Bus port out of Reciever into a Y lead. Then one end goes to your Pioneer RX1 port and the other to your Xicoy telemetry adaptor
Researching i found that when you reconfigure the fast track port on the receiver to another P2Bus it doesn't actually have bi-directional communication. So not a true SBus 2

Hope this makes sense

Chris

Old 05-20-2023, 05:50 AM
RC_MAN

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

How to set up turbine failsafe?

Can someone please explain to me how to set up in the radio a turbine failsafe that shuts off the turbine after 2 seconds. I have mine set to a default that turns off the turbine if there is a loss of signal. How do you program the 2 second delay?
Thanks again for all the help.

Peter D
Old 05-20-2023, 08:19 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I believe the ECU delays the shutdown by 2 seconds automatically, provided that the failsafe signal is outside the taught range. In other words, teach the radio in the ECU with a given "shutdown" throttle position, but program the radio failsafe throttle position to a even lower value. This can be done by reducing the throttle channel to say 80% endpoint travel, do the ECU teach radio process. After that increase the throttle channel radio travel back to 100%, and set the throttle channel failsafe value to -100% (or whatever sign is low throttle). When done, set back the throttle channel endpoints to 80% and you are done.
Old 05-20-2023, 12:01 PM
BarracudaHockey

You realize the average jet moves over 400 feet in 2 seconds? If that thing loses signal and goes to F/S I want my motor shut off asap. Just my .02
Springbok Flyer (05-20-2023)
Old 05-20-2023, 10:33 PM
David Gladwin

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

Hear , hear to that.
Here in the UK, shut down is not mandatory , setting failsafe to IDLE is the near norm, not in my jets, the engine shuts down immediately.
A model with no control, litres of jet fuel and a running engine a potential ignition source, which may crash anywhere fate takes it , with a possible serious fire, is simply not the safest option.
On the safety section of the BVM web site Bob stated that at the first sign of control problems SHUT DOWN the engine ! Makes sense to me.
The following 2 users liked this post by David Gladwin:
CostasV (05-21-2023), David J Ruskin (05-21-2023)
Old 05-23-2023, 05:56 AM
DUCMOZ

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi All, I need 11 channels for a simple plane. What would be the easiest receiver setup if I don’t want to use a pioneer.

thanks

behzad
Old 05-23-2023, 06:01 AM
BarracudaHockey

The 9D will do 10 if you set the p2 output to PWM

Otherwise wait for the 14 to come out, or use 2 receivers and the START AT CHANNEL feature on one of them.
Old 05-23-2023, 06:05 AM
IFLYBVM2
My Feedback: (360)

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RX

Originally Posted by DUCMOZ
Hi All, I need 11 channels for a simple plane. What would be the easiest receiver setup if I don’t want to use a pioneer.

thanks

behzad
Might wanna hang tight-I just a saw a prototype of a new PB 14 Ch RX, with 2 receivers built in, at the Powerbox USA booth at Joe Nall. Perfect for smaller planes, and I was told it does not require a PB. It was all black and did not yet have the blue/white label applied as of yet.
The only negative that I can think of is that it only has one battery input, so you will have deal with that if using 2 batteries.
Danny said that it will not be long before it will be ready.
-Mike O
Old 05-23-2023, 06:06 AM
BarracudaHockey

BTW they had a 14 channel dual path receiver on display at Nall, along with a couple of Powerbox ESC's with full telemetry integration.

The 14 is just a touch smaller than a pioneer, single power input, 14 servo outputs and a micro switch on the case with the ability to plug in one of the Pioneer mag or regular switches.
fireblade5437 (07-22-2023)
Old 05-23-2023, 06:10 AM
jcterrettaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

https://www.powerbox-systems.com/en/...r/pbr-12x.html
or you can have a 9Ch and a small 5 Chanels : use the 5 Chanel for "non" impotrants fonctions
Old 05-23-2023, 06:39 AM
FlyJ

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jcterrettaz;[url=tel:12773425
12773425[/url]]https://www.powerbox-systems.com/en/...r/pbr-12x.html
or you can have a 9Ch and a small 5 Chanels : use the 5 Chanel for "non" impotrants fonctions
Just use the 12x with a 26D.
Old 05-23-2023, 08:24 AM
BarracudaHockey

Originally Posted by FlyJ
Just use the 12x with a 26D.
Cool solution, I forgot about that.
Old 05-23-2023, 09:01 AM
DUCMOZ

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Thank you all, I was thinking 2 x 7 Channels with PBR 12X. But i like the 12X with one 26D as well. It should work.
Old 05-23-2023, 11:59 PM
David Gladwin

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

Easy solution.
Expand your 9 ch to 10 channels. Add Micro Match ( or I gyro 1e) for, say, rudder and nose steering, job done !
Works on my BobCat !
jcterrettaz (05-27-2023)
Old 06-14-2023, 07:28 AM
BarracudaHockey

Looks like they released an update for the AtomLinux Application V3.20

Transceiver V1.44

Stickcontroller V1.7

New features:
  • XOR, SR-Flip-Flop and RS-FlipFlop logic added for the virtual switches
  • 33 points for servo curve added
  • Fine adjustment buttons for the threshold settings
  • Servoreverse button needs now a long press
  • "+" Button replaced with "New model" text
  • Datalogger takes now also sensors which are "late" at first scan
  • New receiver 4.1 updates implemented

Fixes:
  • Back button from trimmer menu is now linked correctly
  • Telemetry menu long text cuts fixed
  • ... many little fixes
Old 07-18-2023, 05:49 AM
VINOLAS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi
For those who had the opportunity to test Atom and Core, how longer is the response time for the Atom Vs the Core after touching the screen ?
Does the Atom need several touch actions on the screen to get an answer or would Atom and Core screen have the same sensitivity ?

I have the Core for testing one week , the screen sensitivity and response time are ok. But as I hesitate between Atom and Core ,I would not like to be disappointed with the Atom if I decided to get one finally because of lower screen sensitivity and response time ..
Thank you in advance
regards
Alain
Old 07-18-2023, 07:02 AM
BarracudaHockey

I don't think there's a big difference between the 2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.