Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Futaba 32 coming.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Futaba 32 coming.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2020, 08:35 AM
kevinthoele
My Feedback: (1)

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Carsten Groen
Thanks for info, very good to know! (I have a friend with a 32MZ, will warn him)

EDIT: Just talked with him, he has actually experienced this, with a total loss of signal to a model, he managed to run towards the plane and save it !!
After this, he extends the antenna 45 deg, and has not experienced any problem since then
Airborne real time data showed the same. Always rotate the 32's antenna out!!!!!
The following users liked this post:
Carsten Groen (07-15-2020)
Old 07-15-2020, 10:51 AM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I wonder why Futaba didn't design a built in antenna? Other Tx's have them. Just wondering.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:54 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BobH
I wonder why Futaba didn't design a built in antenna? Other Tx's have them. Just wondering.
The antenna is just one small item on a very long list they also did not design in
Springbok Flyer (07-15-2020)
Old 07-15-2020, 09:16 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by gapellegrini
The point is that there is not much to be said. I had a 18mz and saw personally a 32mz. Pretty much a 18mz with another screen. That’s it!!!
Well not exactly; the 18SZ, the 18MZ WC and the 32MZ will all do all of Futaba's RF formats including the less expensive one they brought out a couple of years ago. What is it, T-FHSS AIR?

There is also a new development with regard to what Futaba calls "Model ID" which works just like Spektrums "Model Match" but it operates in a slightly different manor to avoid messing with Spektrums patents. In the latest firmware update, that feature is included with the 18SZ and 32MZ radios but not either the 18MZ or the 18MZ WC radios.

So that's it for the software situation; there's no word on if the "Model ID" will become available on the 18MZ WC radio at this time. I very seriously doubt that any new functions/features will become available for the 18MZ as it's hardware limited and the reason it's no longer in production.

Last edited by Zeeb; 07-15-2020 at 09:19 PM.
Old 07-15-2020, 11:41 PM
modtron

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

So that's it for the software situation;

Not quite - the latest software update has been for the Heli oriented users - yes, many other users use these radio's than just aircraft flyers.

Using the new Futaba gyros's, CGY755 & 760R, they can now be completely set up and programmed directly from the transmitter menu structure without the need for any external control boxes or pc..
It also features live tuning while flying, which is brilliant - you can only access this menu once you have linked to a suitable gyro for backward communication.
Been waiting for this to come since I was told about it - works great and personally, I would expect to see an aircraft option at some time in the future.
But, it only works with the 32 at this time and quite likely will not be able to translate to the older 18MZ's.

This is only the start of what can be dome with the new system - more will follow.

modtron
Oxford UK

Last edited by modtron; 07-15-2020 at 11:49 PM.
Old 07-16-2020, 03:49 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

That sounds like a device explorer?
that is a feature I have on my radio name not to be mentioned :-) that allows you to go in and fully program the cortex Pro through the transmitter along with all the other devices.

that is definitely forward thinking.
Old 08-26-2023, 10:35 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Soo Just got my big boy, But I know this TX has been out awhile. What are peoples thoughts of this TX now its been out awhile.
Old 08-27-2023, 03:03 AM
modtron

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Get ready for the knockers.

modtron
Oxford UK
Old 08-27-2023, 10:31 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes68charger
Soo Just got my big boy, But I know this TX has been out awhile. What are peoples thoughts of this TX now its been out awhile.
I fly futaba and if you own something like the 18MZ its not much of a deal and feels like less of a radio. I own both and still prefer my 18MZ over the 32MZ, I do like the top screen for timers on 32, I prefer the programming of the 18MZ, I prefer the sliders on the side of the 18 and it feels better to me. I could really really use more than 18 channels, which you can get with the 32 but you have to add more failure points/electronics and the extra channels can only be low power/low resolution items.
Some of the heli features I like on the 32, being able to ditch the 760R programming box is great and do everything from the radio. That being said the 760 is a peta to setup and feels like it was designed just for Nick Maxwell but thats nothing to do with the radio.
I will continue to fly futaba until something comes along that has more of what I want in a radio but nothing yet has done that for me.
All that aside it will handle anything you need to and is a great radio.
jescardin (09-15-2023)
Old 03-04-2024, 12:25 PM
Alexzzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick question: on my T18SZ, I can assign a switch, and the transmitter tells me the voltage of the external pack (speech) On my T32MZ I can't seem to find that option, or am I missing something?

Cheers from the Netherlands.