Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Futaba 32 coming.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Futaba 32 coming.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 06:26 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I've had lots of different Futaba Rx's too but my 18mzh had a broken antenna. To replace it I found one at Radio South and ordered it.
It was a pretty simple replacement and a relatively cheap part. Just seems as though for what you pay you might want a more robust unit. Not to mention that Futaba recommends that your antenna point to the side for best broad cast etc.
So why not make an antenna that is MADE THAT WAY. Jeti has an antenna made like that and I'm sure others do too. Just sayen.

Last edited by BobH; 04-12-2019 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:07 AM
frankyy54

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After more than 20 years Futaba (actually 2x 18MZ WC) I'm flying now with a Core...
Old 04-17-2019, 12:09 AM
frankyy54

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No innovation since years. Only old things reheated.
The following users liked this post:
bodywerks (06-28-2020)
Old 04-17-2019, 12:32 AM
jescardin
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well it is clear that nobody will convince those technically and gadget orientated about Futaba improvements.

But, I have to say, same applies to me when they try to indulge the supposed benefits from using several receivers just to the radio link works or the added safety of two different bands. If brands go that route it is due they just need them for a robust link in their systems. For me I am more than happy with just one receiver and two antennas at most without a glitch in 10 years using Fasst, Fasstest and S-FHSS (do not have direct experience on T-FHSS).

Best Regards

Last edited by jescardin; 04-17-2019 at 12:45 AM.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:40 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Afterburners
Maybe when I hear some positive stories on how service issues are handled, I'll change my mind on them.

I have not needed service on my DS14 since new. These are really well built radios!
recently helped a friend program his F16SZ,
talk about archaic menu structure and the telemetry for epower is just awful.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:30 AM
Afterburners

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_B

I have not needed service on my DS14 since new. These are really well built radios!
recently helped a friend program his F16SZ,
talk about archaic menu structure and the telemetry for epower is just awful.
I know they are Bob but then when you do have a problem, they should do what's right especially since the radio was still under warranty. What good is a warranty when the issue is a legitimate concern and the guy in charge says don't worry about it? Just keep flying your 10K jets with it(when all the moisture in the display clears up and you can actually see it)because it's not like water and electronics have any issues with each other over time. It was handled in a non proffessional manner and that's why I have an issue with them. To me, a company is only as good as their customer service is. Doesn't matter how good the product is if they don't stand behind it.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:02 AM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Futaba

Originally Posted by Afterburners
I know they are Bob but then when you do have a problem, they should do what's right especially since the radio was still under warranty. What good is a warranty when the issue is a legitimate concern and the guy in charge says don't worry about it? Just keep flying your 10K jets with it(when all the moisture in the display clears up and you can actually see it)because it's not like water and electronics have any issues with each other over time. It was handled in a non proffessional manner and that's why I have an issue with them. To me, a company is only as good as their customer service is. Doesn't matter how good the product is if they don't stand behind it.
Can we please keep this thread focused on information regarding the new Futaba radio please. I understand that to some those other brands may be the best out there, but I don't care about that right now. I would like to hear more information about the new futaba TX. Please don't turn this into a "my system could beat up your system" type of thread.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:21 AM
Afterburners

Originally Posted by sirrom
Can we please keep this thread focused on information regarding the new Futaba radio please. I understand that to some those other brands may be the best out there, but I don't care about that right now. I would like to hear more information about the new futaba TX. Please don't turn this into a "my system could beat up your system" type of thread.
Sure, no problem but Bob started it! :-) He triggered me. I gotta find a safe space. There must be a Frsky thread somewhere around here. A sub $200 radio with a talking timer! Wake up Futaba!
Old 04-17-2019, 05:23 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Marty I sent you a PM. Since you don't get notifications
Old 04-17-2019, 05:31 AM
Afterburners

Originally Posted by Bob_B
Marty I sent you a PM. Since you don't get notifications
I get them now under my new account.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:52 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Exclamation Yes please...again!!!

Originally Posted by sirrom
It will really be fantastic if we can do this - if you want to comment otherwise, please start your own thread or go to a relevant discussion elsewhere.

Thank you for your understanding.

JanR
Old 04-18-2019, 04:28 AM
modtron

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

For those that are interested .........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TNfNIFquhU&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1-4wtJ1byknj9MVvrw30l9PMr-YeugZU2N_yTt0PeMFlWjca2v1Bavwb0

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1208238096005490&id=135219083307402

modtron
Oxford UK
Old 04-18-2019, 04:34 AM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Appears to be 18ch. That is a little of a surprise.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:44 AM
andy boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics???

I'm on the hunt for more pics/info of this elusive, shadowy new "device" except for this wonderful thread and the two half lit totally teasing pics... NOTHING yet... 😍 EDIT, Forgive me, I posted too soon. Just saw the video by modtron. WoW. Yes I know it's eye candy but still... WoW 💖

Last edited by andy boy; 04-18-2019 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Video
Old 04-18-2019, 04:49 AM
modtron

It gets its first public viewing at the China Expo from tomorrow, so with luck, more details will be available then.
All I know at the moment .....
potless sticks
32 channel operation, just like on the 18MZ
new software interface
single cell 6000 mah LiPo for power
no longer uses a camera

modtron
Oxfird UK

Last edited by modtron; 04-18-2019 at 04:57 AM.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:51 AM
Afterburners

The more I see of this radio, the less excited I am about it. Looks to be an 18 with a telemetry screen slapped on top, a few extra switches and sliders and I'm assuming 30 proportional channels. The interface seems unchanged so we'll have to wait to see if there's some redemption in the firmware.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:53 AM
andy boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by modtron
It gets its first public viewing at the China Expo from tomorrow, so with luck, more details will be available then.
potless sticks
new software interface
no longer uses a camera

modyron
Oxfird UK

Thanx Modyron... 👍
Old 04-18-2019, 05:01 AM
Afterburners

potless sticks
new software interface
no longer uses a camera

modtron
Oxfird UK

Where are you getting 32 channels on the 18MZ from?
Old 04-18-2019, 05:02 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

I like the design with the separate telemetry screen on top like that.
Old 04-18-2019, 05:22 AM
modtron

Very easy and its the same way as with the older 14MZ - by using the full functions that are in the programming - the MPDX settings in the Function menu.

In the case of the 14MZ, you have 12 proportional & 2 switched channels.
Set 2 of the proportional channels to operate in MPDX mode.
You then have 10 proportional, 2 switched and 2 x 8 channels with the MPDX decoders - total of 28 channels available.

In the case of the 18MZ, you have 16 proportional & 2 switched channels.
You then have 14 proportional, 2 switched and 2 x 8 channels with the MPDX decoders - total of 32 channels available.

The additional MPDX channels operate at a lower frame rate, which works fine for switched or non important functions.

So many of the owners of these radios, are not fully aware of what they can do - if only they spent time exploring the system.
I have been using these systems virtually everyday for many years now with my film work and I make sure I get the most use out of what can be done.

modtron
Oxford UK
Old 04-18-2019, 05:29 AM
gapellegrini

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Superlative smart design
The temptation of dual interface

Futaba high-end transmitters for airplanes, which are loved by many enthusiasts, will be reborn.
32MZ

Futaba MZ series has been earning the trust of many top flyers including the F3A World Champion.
We generously poured the many know-how and new ideas we have accumulated over the years into the 32MZ.

The dual interface makes it possible to display in the upper sub panel the information you want to confirm, such as telemetry data and timers instantly.
It is a design that embodies "safety & smart".

Besides, a non-contact potentiometer is adopted for the volume of the stick. It enables semi-permanently delicate and reliable control.

The pleasure of owning the best items and the pleasure of realizing the latest technology ... Futaba responds to the feelings of such high-end users.

The 32MZ is scheduled to be released to the third quarter of 2019.

We will exhibit the 32MZ at the China Beijing International Model Expo, which will be held from tomorrow, and the Shizuoka Hobby Show in May.
Please expect the high-end model of Futaba that will be the next generation.

Old 04-18-2019, 05:30 AM
gapellegrini

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Futaba has become a joke. Years behind competition and all they do is add another screen.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:14 AM
Afterburners

Very easy and its the same way as with the older 14MZ - by using the full functions that are in the programming - the MPDX settings in the Function menu.

In the case of the 14MZ, you have 12 proportional & 2 switched channels.
You then have 10 proportional, 2 switched and 2 x 8 channels with the MPDX decoders - total of 28 channels available.

In the case of the 18MZ, you have 16 proportional & 2 switched channels.
You then have 14 proportional, 2 switched and 2 x 8 channels with the MPDX decoders - total of 32 channels available.

The additional MPDX channels operate at a lower frame rate, which works fine for switched or non important functions.

So many of the owners of these radios, are not fully aware of what they can do - if only they spent time exploring the system.
I have been using these systems virtually everyday for many years now with my film work and I make sure I get the most use out of what can be done.

modtron
Oxford UK
I know about the MPDX but I thought you can't use that with 2.4GHz modulation?
Old 04-18-2019, 06:34 AM
modtron

No problems what so ever.

modtron
Oxford UK
Old 04-18-2019, 09:28 AM
Afterburners

No problems what so ever.

modtron
Oxford UK
Does Futaba even produce the mpdx-1 anymore? From what I see, they don't so if the 32MZ is an 18 channel radio as the picture shows, I'm confused by the 32 designation?
​​​​​​

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.