Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Futaba 32 coming.

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Futaba 32 coming.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:30 AM
modtron

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

MPDX decoders have always been available - depends if your distributor ever bothered to stock them ?

modtron
oxford UK
Old 04-18-2019, 10:18 AM
Afterburners

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by modtron
MPDX decoders have always been available - depends if your distributor ever bothered to stock them ?

modtron
oxford UK
Looking in the U.S, I only see them available on ebay. BTW, the only existing instruction sheet for the mpdx-1 states that it's not for 2.4GHz use and uses a 14MZ for an example. You'd think they would have updated the info but then again, I've never gotten much out of their manuals from all of their radios I've had(6XA, 8U, 9cap, 12FG, and 18MZ). I'm still confused why this radio is named a 32MZ when it looks to be an 18 channel radio.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:33 AM
modtron

(P-CB32MZ-UK) - Ripmax Ltd

Modtron
Oxford UK
Old 04-18-2019, 12:49 PM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

(P-CB32MZ-UK) - Ripmax Ltd

With 18 channels as standard - 16 proportional and 2 switched channels - the T32MZ can be used with up to two MPDX-1 Multiprop Decoders (sold separately) to give up to a maximum of 32 channels. When expanded this way, there are 14 proportional channels (as two are used by the Multiprop Decoders), 2 switched channels and a further 16 multiprop channels. Note that multiprop channels have lower resolution to normal proportional channels and they can’t be used in mixed functions. They are perfect for ancilliary and auxiliary functions such as lights, retracts and scale, non-flying functions.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:29 PM
modtron

That’s exactly what I stated in post #98 !

modtron
Oxford UK
Old 04-18-2019, 02:16 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

So what do you guys think this will mean receiver-wise? Multiple receivers linked together with seperated outputs, or losing 2 receiver channels to the Multiprop decoders, or running through a Powerbox type unit to get the 32 outputs?

(I remember back in the day with my old Multiplex Profi radio's that we could get 24 channels - using a multinaut unit - to get 24 channels, from a single 10 channel receiver).

For the most part - I look forward to be able to plug in up to 32 servo's/electronic valves/etc AND be able to adjust each one individually from my transmitter. I hate having to make some individual adjustments in my aircraft.

Bring on the 32MZ - let's see what Futaba's answers are to our prayers!

JanR
Old 04-18-2019, 02:33 PM
Afterburners

Originally Posted by Springbok Flyer
So what do you guys think this will mean receiver-wise? Multiple receivers linked together with seperated outputs, or losing 2 receiver channels to the Multiprop decoders, or running through a Powerbox type unit to get the 32 outputs?

(I remember back in the day with my old Multiplex Profi radio's that we could get 24 channels - using a multinaut unit - to get 24 channels, from a single 10 channel receiver).

For the most part - I look forward to be able to plug in up to 32 servo's/electronic valves/etc AND be able to adjust each one individually from my transmitter. I hate having to make some individual adjustments in my aircraft.

Bring on the 32MZ - let's see what Futaba's answers are to our prayers!

JanR
But you can do that right now with the 18mz?
Old 04-18-2019, 11:51 PM
Springbok Flyer

Originally Posted by Afterburners
But you can do that right now with the 18mz?
Yes I know. But I cannot adjust 32 channels from the 18MZ transmitter.

JanR

Last edited by Springbok Flyer; 04-18-2019 at 11:53 PM.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:58 AM
modtron

For those who have not played with the MPDX menu's .........

Example of selecting channels 11 & 12 for MPDX use ........

Then we can select what we want to control each of the Multiplexed outputs from ........

Then go into the ATV menu and this will appear ...........

Now you can adjust the travel of each output ........

If you need to reverse any of them, this can be done by reversing the switch operation in the H/W Reverse, in the System Menu.

You cannot use them into any of the mixers or set any failsafes for these in the transmitter - failsafe is set on the MPDX Decoder itself.

modtron
Oxford UK

Last edited by modtron; 04-19-2019 at 01:16 AM.
Old 04-19-2019, 02:05 PM
Springbok Flyer

Modtron,

Fantastic, thanks for the clarification. That is what I expected. Hence my point; that I hope the 32MZ will allow ALL adjustments from the transmitter, without having to dive into the model or having to reverse hardware.

Cheers,

JanR
Old 04-20-2019, 01:42 AM
kelly vallee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJW9AuDIKEI
Old 04-20-2019, 04:34 AM
mikehannah

Hi
Ok Call me a grumpy twat, old fashioned etc. But why would I want another screen showing telemetry, in fact other than monitoring critical function on a plane , eg. Rx battery voltage. Signal strength , main battery status on an electric plane, turbine battery status why would I want to festoon my plane with other functions? More weight, more wring, more to go wrong etc.
why would I want a separate screen showing telemetry only .at all. When I am flying I don’t take my eyes off the plane from take off to roll out. If I do the slippery critter tries to hide in plane sight.
All my telemetry is on Alarms so that is the threshold is broken I know without looking down.
I am a long term user of Futaba and I will probable buy this eventually, to replace my faithful 18mz. But if you look past the slick marketing, it appears IMHO just an 18 mz with a new screen tacked on and a minor firmware rewrite. Priced above the competition.

just my opinion, interested to hear others opinion,

Mike
Old 04-20-2019, 05:34 AM
modtron

Mike, I totally agree with you 100%
i only use battery read outs for the receiver and turbine voltages.
Never needed any of the other stuff before and certainly not “essential” now.
The market is driven by general wants and competition - not always what is good for the end user !

I also see this as another upgrade to the 18MZ line, following on after the WC upgrade version.
Is it worth it - time will tell ?

modtron
Oxford UK
Old 04-20-2019, 05:48 AM
Afterburners

I don't have a problem with the screen on top but if I can't program which piece of telemetry will give me a talking alarm at whatever threshold I set with whatever I want it to say, then it's mostly useless. As for the number of channels, this seems to be just another 18mz with 16 proportional channels and two on or off channels. If that's what it actually is, I don't know why Futaba even bothered. Why should I have to spend $90 for an mpdx-1 to get more channels out of an already overpriced radio when all the other top manufacturers give you more channels for less? Unless there is some real magic under the hood with upgradability and third party intergration via downloads, this will be just another overpriced pig with better lipstick slapped on it. If my 18mz starts to have issues, Futaba will have made it easy for me to jump ship.
Old 04-20-2019, 05:52 AM
modtron

I am aware that there are some other additional features that are yet to be made public, so as I mentioned, time will tell?

modtron
Oxford UK
Old 04-20-2019, 06:01 AM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Futaba32

If I Wanted a radio that already has more than the 32 offers I'd get a Jeti.
Hall effect sticks, built in gyros in the receivers, telemetry a plenty and the list goes on.
AND it's cheaper than the 18mz!
Old 04-20-2019, 07:05 AM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Futaba

Originally Posted by BobH
If I Wanted a radio that already has more than the 32 offers I'd get a Jeti.
Hall effect sticks, built in gyros in the receivers, telemetry a plenty and the list goes on.
AND it's cheaper than the 18mz!

Again, we know that others prefer other brands and what features it has, but again can we keep this about the features of the new futaba radio and IT'S capabilities. I have fly both an 18mz and a DS16 to see which one I prefer and make the final switch, but this thread is for those of us who want to know what features that the 32mz is going to offer. We can all look up what brand X has, we don't need the fanboys of that radio brand come on here and try and push their agenda. It gets old....

Patrick
Old 04-20-2019, 08:35 AM
andy boy

MPDX-1 decoders, HMMM... Just out of curiousity I guess they would work with any Futaba Tx to expand channels? Not that I need more channels @ the moment just curious? Thanx.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:53 AM
modtron

No, only those that have the appropriate software in the transmitter.

midtron
Oxford UK
Old 04-20-2019, 08:55 AM
Afterburners

Originally Posted by andy boy
MPDX-1 decoders, HMMM... Just out of curiousity I guess they would work with any Futaba Tx to expand channels? Not that I need more channels @ the moment just curious? Thanx.
Here you go. The way I read what is the latest instructions for the multiplexer I can find, it's not to be used with 2.4GHz but that's obviously not the case since modtron uses them. If they intend for you to use it with the 18MZ that's been out for eight years and the upcoming 32MZ, perhaps Futaba should update the instruction sheet?

MPDX-1.pdf
Old 04-20-2019, 09:03 AM
modtron

Never had any issues when using them on 35 MHz or 2.4 ghz.
I do however use them with there own independent power supplies.
I can only think that was a “possible” warning from Futaba ?

modtron
Oxfird UK
Old 04-20-2019, 09:37 AM
Afterburners

Originally Posted by modtron
Never had any issues when using them on 35 MHz or 2.4 ghz.
I do however use them with there own independent power supplies.
I can only think that was a “possible” warning from Futaba ?

modtron
Oxfird UK
Yes, possibly because at the time, they were still using 2.4GHz modules for many radios before committing completely to 2.4 radios but you would think they would update their instruction sheets.

Last edited by Afterburners; 04-20-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:40 PM
Springbok Flyer

Cool Yes please...again!!!

Originally Posted by sirrom
Again, we know that others prefer other brands and what features it has, but again can we keep this about the features of the new futaba radio and IT'S capabilities. I have fly both an 18mz and a DS16 to see which one I prefer and make the final switch, but this thread is for those of us who want to know what features that the 32mz is going to offer. We can all look up what brand X has, we don't need the fanboys of that radio brand come on here and try and push their agenda. It gets old....

Patrick
+111111 Patrick

Come on guys, is it so hard to restrain yourselves from stuffing up this thread?

JanR
Old 04-20-2019, 03:39 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Well besides 32 channels? and hall effect sticks and some telemetry that the 18mzh already has ... what is NEW and Improved?
My reference to the Jeti was to demonstrate what NEW really was.
I'm not going to get rid of my Futaba but as an Engineer I do like compelling reasons for making a change. So far I haven't seen those. It would be nice were that the case. That remains to be seen.
Old 04-20-2019, 04:37 PM
Springbok Flyer

No problem stating what you would like it to have - but not on this thread. My intention with this thread was to find out what we KNOW the 32MZ can offer.

.....as you say: let's wait and see and when one of us find out more, please post it on here....

Thank you for your understanding and courtesy.

JanR

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.