Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

*** Stolen/lost Kingtech K70 G2 engines

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

*** Stolen/lost Kingtech K70 G2 engines

Old 04-03-2019, 12:14 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default *** Stolen/lost Kingtech K70 G2 engines

3 weeks ago I shipped 2 brand new (unbroken boxes) Kingtech K70 G2 engines for compressor updates (serial numbers 095 and 096). They were sent to Kingtech Luxembourg using GLS. For some odd reason, GLS has lost my engines !!
The tracking info stops right where they leave Denmark, after that nothing more. GLS has started a case on this, but I fear the engines are gone
(insurance will only cover a small part of the value, long story, I know...)

So, if anyone offers you a cheap Kingtech K70 engine with serial 095 or serial 096, they are mine
Please spread the word.

The above message I posted on Facebook a couple of days ago. Within 10 hours it got shared more than 60 times, and at that time, something out of the ordinary happended....
I got word from Kingtech that they would help me out. I can't tell you the exact specifics of this, I can only say that Kingtech went ABOVE AND BEYOND to help me, help me with these two engines that somehow got lost/stolen while in the hands of GLS. Kingtech had nothing to do with the engines getting lost, its not their problem that GLS failed. But nevertheless, Kingtech fixed everything for me. I could NOT be happier. Thanks Kingtech, Kingtech Luxembourg and thanks to all my friends around the globe that shared my post (especially Digitech one stop shop), sometimes wonders do happen

Thanks goes to KingTech Luxembourg / JMB Jets and Kingtech !

(PS: The "original" engines are still lost/stolen, so if you see 095 or 096 K70, let me know )

Last edited by Carsten Groen; 04-03-2019 at 12:16 AM.
Old 04-03-2019, 04:03 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

Glad Kingtech could help you out! They also helped me out big time when I was down on my luck and got me back flying. They won me over years ago with their great support.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:06 AM
jescardin
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bravo for KingTech and representatives!.

Real gentlemen they are.

Best Regards.
Old 03-19-2021, 01:15 AM
Carsten Groen

UPDATE:
Wonders do happen..

Its almost exactly 2 years since I had my two brand new Kingtech K70 engines stolen when they were shipped with GLS from me to Kingtech Luxembourg for updates.
Kingtech helped me BIG time at that time when I lost the engines, and I still can't thank them enough, especially Jean Marc from Kingtech Luxembourg. I also have to thank
Sandor Kruise/Digitech NL for spreading the word at that time.
Now, normally stuff like this would be forgotten, and we all move on.

BUT, 8 days ago, I saw a posting on the Facebook group "Kingtech Turbine Owner". A truck driver (not from the model community) from Romania were selling 2 never used K70 engines!
And yes, you guessed it, MY ENGINES ! The "for sale" post was with a couple of nice pictures, pictures where the serial numbers of the engines were clearly visible.
To be honest, my heart skipped a beat or two, I had for the last 2 years since the engines were stolen, kept an eye on all the forums, facebook groups etc., in the hope that "some day".
I knew it was very unlikely that they would surface, but you never know...
Immediately when I saw the post, I contacted Sandor and Jean Marc to let them know what was going on. A plan was made!
The Romanian seller of the engines had an "explanation" how he had gotten hold of the engines, he was "kindly" explained that the engines he got was stolen engines.
To make a long story short, the engines was shipped the same day and is now in the hands of Jean Marc again

So, if you get the engines with serial numbers 095 and 096 in your hands one day, you know the history and journey they had been on.
I'm so happy and thankful that they were returned to the "mother ship" in Luxembourg!
The following users liked this post:
drfred58809 (03-19-2021)
Old 03-19-2021, 03:11 AM
Didier

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

What a bizar story Carsten.....
Nice detective plan you made all 3 together. 👍
These engines needs to go on a spy 🕵️‍♀️ plane now!
Old 03-19-2021, 07:09 PM
Boomerang1

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like Mike Vassar & Robart need to go to the Kingtech school of customer service!

Outstanding service & good will.

I'm very disappointed with ROBART / DV8R brakes
Old 03-20-2021, 10:48 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts

Awesome Kingtech!!!
Old 03-20-2021, 10:51 PM
Carsten Groen

Originally Posted by Carsten Groen View Post
UPDATE:
Wonders do happen..

Its almost exactly 2 years since I had my two brand new Kingtech K70 engines stolen when they were shipped with GLS from me to Kingtech Luxembourg for updates.
Kingtech helped me BIG time at that time when I lost the engines, and I still can't thank them enough, especially Jean Marc from Kingtech Luxembourg. I also have to thank
Sandor Kruise/Digitech NL for spreading the word at that time.
Now, normally stuff like this would be forgotten, and we all move on.

BUT, 8 days ago, I saw a posting on the Facebook group "Kingtech Turbine Owner". A truck driver (not from the model community) from Romania were selling 2 never used K70 engines!
And yes, you guessed it, MY ENGINES ! The "for sale" post was with a couple of nice pictures, pictures where the serial numbers of the engines were clearly visible.
To be honest, my heart skipped a beat or two, I had for the last 2 years since the engines were stolen, kept an eye on all the forums, facebook groups etc., in the hope that "some day".
I knew it was very unlikely that they would surface, but you never know...
Immediately when I saw the post, I contacted Sandor and Jean Marc to let them know what was going on. A plan was made!
The Romanian seller of the engines had an "explanation" how he had gotten hold of the engines, he was "kindly" explained that the engines he got was stolen engines.
To make a long story short, the engines was shipped the same day and is now in the hands of Jean Marc again

So, if you get the engines with serial numbers 095 and 096 in your hands one day, you know the history and journey they had been on.
I'm so happy and thankful that they were returned to the "mother ship" in Luxembourg!

I wish I could update the original post with this, but unfortunately I can not as the post is more than 2 years old. But the engines have been recovered (see text above)