Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Pilot-rc Viper 2.0m

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Pilot-rc Viper 2.0m

Old 10-25-2019, 05:01 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a link to a short video that a friend and I from work made. Pete Holey is the quad pilot, cameraman and editor. The plane is so stable and solid that my job in this was by far the least demanding! Enjoy.

Regards Al
Old 10-25-2019, 05:13 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

After about 20-30 flights I have found very little that needs "wrenching" on. Or adjusting. I played around with centre of gravity a bunch. Sorry guys. I am not a numbers person, or a put it on a scales or jigs person. I go out. Fly and move stuff around till I get a feel that suits me. I am a firm believer in the logic that what suits one person. isn't necessarily what suits others. I stared with this set up. Kintech 100. Stock fuel tank. No extra nose weight added. I ran 2 x 4000 Mach 2 cell Spektrum Receiver Lipos. 1x 2s 2000mah Spektrum Lipo for the retracts and a 3 cell 3000mah Life for turbine. All in a row across the fuselage under the front dashboard on the tray. I found that to be a tad nose heavy. I swapped the receiver packs to 2000's also and put them on the fuel tank. Tried that and found the best set up for me was having all the packs in a row under the front dashboard, but running the 2 x 2000's for the receiver.

I find that the stock tanks gives me 7 mins of mixed flying on the K100.

If I did another one. I would like to try a Kingtech 120. Its not at all underpowered with the 100. I just think the 120 would expand the flight envelope a bunch. The increase in vertical performance is what I would be most keen to see.

I run 3mm of crow ( Upward moving aileron with flap) for landing. I find that helps me stretch that final rondout to land that bit more. Although I am careful to try and land this viper without a silly high angle of attack on landing. Its not a 3 pointer by any means, but its not a hold the nose in the air all the way down the runway like a giant hawk either.

Hope this has been of help? I hope to one day get some decent in flight footage of either myself or my son wringing this VJ 2m out. Because it certainly has been a fun toy.

Regards Al
Old 10-25-2019, 12:25 PM
Mikey5547

Nice to see you posting again Ali. Thanks for the thorough review, a lot of great information there! I’ve been looking at this one for a while. A question for you is how does it compare to the SM 2M version?
Old 10-25-2019, 01:19 PM
swk550
My Feedback: (75)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Landing lights

Pilot installs landing lights on the turbine ready kit. Id like to install a set. What is a good source to purchase a set?
Old 01-03-2020, 08:14 AM
Juango
My Feedback: (2)

Default Pilot-rc viper 2.0m

Originally Posted by swk550 View Post

New fuel tank has an overhang to fit over the wing tube

West Systems 105 epoxy resin

fuel tank molds

Stock viper fuel tank on the left, replacement fuel tank on the right
I have built a larger fuel tank for the Pilot Viper 2m. The original is approximately 2.8L capacity. The home built tank is approximately 3.9L capacity. I used carbon fiber and Kevlar cloth and fiberglass cloth for the lay up.
Would love one of those fuel tank you did to your viperjet 2m .!!....
Old 01-10-2020, 08:07 PM
blainer48
My Feedback: (30)

Default Viper

So i just received mine and there are strange dents on top of one of the wings (left). I contacted Lyman at PilotRCUSA so hoping they send out a replacement. The other thing is I noticed 6 bolts with 4 being longer and 2 short. Are the 4 longer ones used to bolt the fuselage together. I assumed so just wanted to check since the "manual" doesn't really tell you. Thanks in advance. I'll try to attach the picture of the dents in the wing.

I know they are hard to see with the black and reflecting but there's like 7 of them. That's exactly how it came out of the box and it's packaging/white wrapping.
Old 01-25-2020, 05:19 AM
jetpower

Hi
i do not post here much bud have a question
i’m looking for a new home for my jetcat p80SE that is in my tired and old bvm bobcat.
and the pilot rc viper caucht my eye
what’s your recomendation should i get the viper 2m or the viper 1.8m?
and is it grasfield capabel?
Regards peter
Old 02-13-2020, 07:11 PM
blainer48
My Feedback: (30)

Does anyone know of there's a way to have the landing lights on the struts turn off when you retract the gear. I have the turbine ready version but don't see a way to have the landing lights go off when gear is up. Thanks.

Jason