Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

No Brakes Jeti and Mercury SRS

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

No Brakes Jeti and Mercury SRS

Old 05-07-2019, 09:28 PM
AngusMc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default No Brakes Jeti and Mercury SRS

Hello everyone, banging my head on this one, I have a Jeti DS24 and Powerbox Mercury SRS and Electron Gear with RB45 controller for the life of me I can not get the brakes to work:

Jeti, brakes are on channel 9 using spring loaded switch SG, on the mercury I have channel 9 attached to plug in "H" ( direct 9) I tested "H" with a servo and full deflection using switch SG, tested brakes at the RG45 plug end and have brakes when applied power. program RG45 and all seems to go OK ( when I go into programming mode the brakes are on?) but I can't seem to get brakes to turn on using switch SG or any other switch/slider. ( bought a new RG45 controller too)

Also on rudder output for steering, steering works when gear is up and nothing when gear is down, ( backward from what it should be) (

It has to be something to do with Jeti and the powerbox, I have another 2 jets with pro-link electric gear and Jeti receiver no issues

thanks for reading and any insight

Angus

Maybe I'm being a little impatient , I've only been at it for about 8 hrs.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:43 PM
Jannica

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I have the same setup with Xicoy elecric brakes and it works flawless. Maybe you have some old settings in your Tx from a previous model that lurks in the shadows and disturbs your programming? Try to start with a new model memory or go through all your settings? You can also try to reset the Mercury for the same reason.

Jannica
Sweden
Old 05-08-2019, 01:45 AM
F1 Rocket

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

With the Xicoy controller brakes and steering are only enabled when the gear are in the down position. By this I mean the controller itself has to be in “its” down position. Reverse your gear channel and all will work. If the gear go the wrong way you need to reverse the polarity of each gear connector.

Danny
Old 05-08-2019, 06:23 AM
flyloose

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Assuming the above post solves your issue, I was wondering about using the spring loaded momentary switch as I've never tried that before. How would one get any proportionality using that?
Old 05-08-2019, 07:42 AM
AngusMc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by flyloose
Assuming the above post solves your issue, I was wondering about using the spring loaded momentary switch as I've never tried that before. How would one get any proportionality using that?
Got it fixed, had to reverse all outputs to the gear and reverse my retract switch on the radio...not sure why but I'm leaving it, I have always used the spring loaded switch paired with a regular switch for in the pits, I find it easy to feather the switch off and on just something I have always done.

thanks for everyone's input. sometimes you can't see the trees for the forest.

Angus