Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fuel Capacity for Jetcat 120

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fuel Capacity for Jetcat 120

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 07:23 AM
Typhoon Phil

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fuel Capacity for Jetcat 120

Just wanting to for you guys flying with a Jetcat 120 engine, what fuel capacity of fuel do tour tanks hold and what kind of flight times are you getting? Trying to see if the 2.75L tank that came with my Aviation Dedign F16 is sufficient or will I need to add some supplementary tanks for which I do have space now I've made a set of Conformal Tanks to fit to it.

Cheers Phil
Old 05-28-2019, 08:23 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

The safest way I've found to measure my time (and it also gives your fuel system a nice work out) is I run the fuel pump with the same voltage that it sees at full throttle for a whole tank. This way I can see what a full throttle whole flight will be like.

As a starting point, you can google jetcat p120 stats and see what jetcat got for fuel consumption (I believe a 120N is around 10-13 oz/min~ish) and 2.75L is about 93 oz, so it seems that you should have 8 minutes or so.

BUT, you should confirm this.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:10 AM
Typhoon Phil

Originally Posted by ravill
The safest way I've found to measure my time (and it also gives your fuel system a nice work out) is I run the fuel pump with the same voltage that it sees at full throttle for a whole tank. This way I can see what a full throttle whole flight will be like.

As a starting point, you can google jetcat p120 stats and see what jetcat got for fuel consumption (I believe a 120N is around 10-13 oz/min~ish) and 2.75L is about 93 oz, so it seems that you should have 8 minutes or so.

BUT, you should confirm this.
Get that but just wanted to see what guys were getting out of their tanks in the real world whilst flying.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:14 PM
Spencer K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Phil,
i had jet tech make me supplemental fuel tanks that sit behind the main tanks so he still has the dimensions. They hold roughly 40 additional ounces if I remember correctly, or you could integrate them into your new conformals.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:04 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 733 Likes on 529 Posts

2.75l is not enough, with an F-16 you will be on and off the power, but you will be 6 minutes real world flying. Depending on the tank shape you won’t be able to use more than 2.25l. 3.5l would be the figure I’d shoot for.

Dave
Old 05-29-2019, 12:47 AM
Typhoon Phil

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
2.75l is not enough, with an F-16 you will be on and off the power, but you will be 6 minutes real world flying. Depending on the tank shape you won’t be able to use more than 2.25l. 3.5l would be the figure I’d shoot for.

Dave
Cherrs for that Dave....the main tank will hold 3L so went for less cause you cant get it all out.... I reckon the additional tanks I can fit inside tha CFTs will hold at least 1L each so will get busy making them.... cheers