Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

MIBO A-10 lights

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

MIBO A-10 lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 04:03 AM
F106A
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MIBO A-10 lights

Hi,
I'm trying to program the lights without success.
Here's the reply I got:P3 when inserted will allow for RC control from a 3 position virtual channel.Here is the way ways to do this:The Rx channel will be connected to a virtual channel mixed with the engine and the Rx gear output.Engine OFF->virtual channel below 33% ( OFF status )Engine ON and gear up-> virtual channel between 33% and 66% ( fly status: all LEDs on except L1 and L2)Engine ON and gear down-> virtual channel between 66% and 100% ( land status: all LEDs ON )Note that in this configuration, a switch is required as the light system will go ON when the radio is switched OFF ( loss of Rx sensed by the controller ).
I have a DS-16 and have no idea what a virtual channel is or how to set one up.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Jon
Old 07-25-2019, 05:49 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't have mine yet, but this is my understanding based on the instructions you have:
1) pick a channel to control the lights
2) You need a method to control the value that channel will have:
a) value < 33% = lights off
b) value between 33% and 66% = all LEDs on except L1 and L2
c) value between 66% and 100% = all LEDs ON

They indicate that to be realistic which value you will use depends on the status of the engine (ON/OFF) and the position of the gear (UP/Down)

One way to go about it is to use logical switches to decide which value you should send via the selected channel. for example:
Logical switch #1 :IF GEAR switch is in up position AND engines is ON (determined either by telemetry data or throttle cut switch position) then logical switch is ON.
Now create a free mix using a "constant" curve (looks horizontal) that is at at 50% (midpoint between 33 and 66) and is activated when the logical switch above is ON.

There may be other ways to control what value you send to the "lights" channel...
Im assembling mine, but wont get to this part until maybe two months from now.

Good luck.