Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Rebel Hot by Comp Arf

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Rebel Hot by Comp Arf

Old 09-01-2019, 10:40 AM
Kevin_W
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DepecheMode101
If you cant build you shouldn't fly?
No, but generally people who have gained enough experience to safely operate a high performance model aircraft have also learned how to make simple repairs on them too.
I guess with ARF's dominating the market it is now possible to gain flying skills without any building (or repair) skills, but I find that rather sad.
The following 2 users liked this post by Kevin_W:
bodywerks (08-31-2020), Springbok Flyer (08-16-2023)
Old 09-01-2019, 11:20 AM
DepecheMode101

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin_W
No, but generally people who have gained enough experience to safely operate a high performance model aircraft have also learned how to make simple repairs on them too.
I guess with ARF's dominating the market it is now possible to gain flying skills without any building (or repair) skills, but I find that rather sad.
Your right I will see if I can get my deposit back and wait for a more ARF solution. Thank you for the heads up.

Cheers
Old 09-01-2019, 03:35 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Your right I will see if I can get my deposit back and wait for a more ARF solution. Thank you for the heads up.

Cheers
Not sure if your a Turbine Waiver yet.....but either way, if i was you and obviously unable to do some very simple building tasks....I would simply hire a local guy that does jet building.....they are all over...that way you get a jet build properly, and somebody to assist you and do repair....all you have to do is provide cash 💰

That way choose the jet that really really want and don’t worry about what need to be done to get up flying.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:47 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy

Not sure if your a Turbine Waiver yet.....but either way, if i was you and obviously unable to do some very simple building tasks....I would simply hire a local guy that does jet building.....they are all over...that way you get a jet build properly, and somebody to assist you and do repair....all you have to do is provide cash 💰

That way choose the jet that really really want and don’t worry about what need to be done to get up flying.
I’m not so sure that’s a good idea for him either... if he doesn’t have the skills to make a simple repair how does he have the skills to safely pre-flight the plane and make the determination if something is safe to fly?
Old 09-02-2019, 03:48 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by camss69

I’m not so sure that’s a good idea for him either... if he doesn’t have the skills to make a simple repair how does he have the skills to safely pre-flight the plane and make the determination if something is safe to fly?
Not my decision.....who has or will sign his waiver has to determine those facts.....
Old 09-02-2019, 10:49 PM
marc s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm always amused that customers are 'expected' to have to repair or modify new kits due to poor or bad manufacture, yes this might be an easy fix but why should customers have to start by fixing things, if you bought a new car surely the first place you visit is not the workshop to start fixing manufacturing problems with glue etc - unacceptable IMO and maybe why I no longer build.

If the former is not needed then don't fit it in the first place, if it is then don't cut it in half

marcs
Old 09-03-2019, 06:57 AM
JP-1

Received 422 Likes on 355 Posts

If we only lived in a perfect world, CARF provide very good flying models in most disciplines, at an affordable price.
Speaking of new cars you could nit pick all day long if you want to be really pedantic.

Last edited by JP-1; 09-03-2019 at 07:00 AM.
Old 09-03-2019, 09:02 AM
marc s

Not sure what cars you buy but a new car regardless of its make should come unblemished without 'bits chopped out'.

If the former is not required then as said leave it out, will save time and money at CARF's end, if they need it in there then move it back 15mm (as DW says its not structural) and avoid having to chop it about. Its not about a perfect world but this sort of 'hacking' is totally avoidable, doing things right does not mean it costs more, I know as have designed and manufactured kits myself so can speak from a point of experience.

marcs
Old 09-05-2019, 03:58 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I don't think anyone would argue that Marc, my only point is it's not something I would let hold up a build over as it is minor.
Every car I've owned has had some issue right from brand new, warranty will deal with most issues but it still means having to take the vehicle in to get it repaired. Depending on what the issue is, sometimes it's just easier to fix it myself than deal with the hassle of taking it in. I'm sure if a big enough deal was made about this former carf would exchange the fuselage but is the hassle really worth it vs the 5 minute fix it would be?
Old 09-05-2019, 04:15 AM
Dansy

I just wonder how we come to compare a $75,000.00 Truck (in my case) to a RC hobby plane....just amazing info there....

If they dont need fixing when new.....they will eventually

And there’s a big different in thinking something is required to it need a full structural reworks.....sometime I’m really amazed from the answer I see......
Old 09-05-2019, 08:41 AM
marc s

Daniel life is all about being amazed mate!

Cost is irrelevant, new is new period. No harm setting the standards high and while I would do what LGM would do my point is this is such a simple thing to do right that it should be done right in the first place at the factory, my whole grip with some kit manufacturers is they literally dump a load of badly fitting parts in a box, without any instructions and expect the builder to spend hours faffing about trying to get parts to fit, making mods and so on, we all know who the main culprits are.

There are a host of good manufacturers about who do deliver some great kits but IMO nobody does it like BVM used to, the manual was a work of art in itself.

marcs
Old 09-05-2019, 10:58 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by marc s
Daniel life is all about being amazed mate!

Cost is irrelevant, new is new period. No harm setting the standards high and while I would do what LGM would do my point is this is such a simple thing to do right that it should be done right in the first place at the factory, my whole grip with some kit manufacturers is they literally dump a load of badly fitting parts in a box, without any instructions and expect the builder to spend hours faffing about trying to get parts to fit, making mods and so on, we all know who the main culprits are.

There are a host of good manufacturers about who do deliver some great kits but IMO nobody does it like BVM used to, the manual was a work of art in itself.

marcs
So what your saying is Carf-Models is bad.....well some could the same about your past products.....that doesn’t mean they were below standard for all users..it’s all about perception.....and fortunately I can fix things quite well.....because I have high standard LOL

Anyway back to the tread.....
Old 09-08-2019, 04:20 PM
LimitDwn
My Feedback: (21)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_B
NONE. Waiting to hear back from Ray.
Bob,

Not sure if you have ever received instruction but attached is what I received a couple of days ago.

Robert
Attached Files
Old 09-09-2019, 01:56 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Yes, Ray emailed instructions to me Friday when I was headed to EJets.
Thanks
Bob
Old 09-09-2019, 05:42 AM
jimibar

I was thinking about getting one, believing the CARF is doing a better job than Pirotti.
I was planning an x45 but I'm flying on a grass runway. I'm a bit concerned if it will be ok or not ? We have a 180m runway with a really nice and short grass.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:28 AM
David Gladwin

Received 141 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy

So what your saying is Carf, ...because I have high standard LOL
But not in your English, your , you’re !!!!!!!

Last edited by David Gladwin; 09-09-2019 at 08:32 AM.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:12 AM
Bob_B

Started work this morning, I had to slightly adjust the servo mounts. I will also have to pull the pipe to drill the holes in the carbon bellmouth that allow the pipe to be secured to the back of the engine former.
Looking forward to getting this model flying in time for Georgia Jet Event!
Old 09-09-2019, 10:08 AM
JP-1

Received 422 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_B
Started work this morning, I had to slightly adjust the servo mounts. I will also have to pull the pipe to drill the holes in the carbon bellmouth that allow the pipe to be secured to the back of the engine former.
Looking forward to getting this model flying in time for Georgia Jet Event!
Would you post some photographs of your equipment install?

Thank you in advance
Old 09-10-2019, 04:05 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Bob, I look forward to your build photos, this looks like an interesting combination.
I hope to see it fly in person at your event in October.

After reading through this thread I can now I see why there has been a mass exodus to Face Book over the past few years, too much off topic comments!
Too bad RCU has diminished to this...
Old 09-16-2019, 10:48 AM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Those that have ordered through C-arf, what was the lead time and did they charge you in full when the order was placed or only a portion?
Old 09-16-2019, 11:08 AM
Bob_B

Originally Posted by bodywerks
Those that have ordered through C-arf, what was the lead time and did they charge you in full when the order was placed or only a portion?
I received my Hot within a week of ordering, but they had just received a container. I paid in full when I placed the order.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:10 AM
DepecheMode101

They took half. They said boat would leave Thailand late this month .At the advice of those on this thread we cancelled our order. Waiting for them to return our deposit now.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:49 PM
skymaster68

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

They took half. They said boat would leave Thailand late this month .At the advice of those on this thread we cancelled our order. Waiting for them to return our deposit now.
so what advice it would be??? 🤔🤔🤔
Old 09-16-2019, 04:40 PM
bodywerks

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

what color scheme/color did you order, and was it the ARF plus? I might take it over
Old 09-16-2019, 06:33 PM
DepecheMode101

what color scheme/color did you order, and was it the ARF plus? I might take it over
I believe its the orange color. The way the website is worded and

as I was not asked to make a color choice.... not my #1 choice but i have learned to be less picky these days LOL

I have seen one fly its really nice!!!

Cheers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.