Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Rebel Hot by Comp Arf

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Rebel Hot by Comp Arf

Old 10-25-2022, 03:37 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 693 Likes on 503 Posts

Back of the wing tube with 1/3 tank fuel
The following users liked this post:
markusvt (10-27-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 07:39 PM
markusvt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may work my way there as back of the wing tube with full UAT is not enough.
Old 10-26-2022, 08:48 PM
Dave Wilshere

All the fuel is in front of the balance. You have to balance all Rebels with a good amount of fuel in the main tank, then they fly great.
My P-60 version is not super light and the 20 year old P-60 not even giving 60N and I can knife edge horizon to horizon at 3/4 power and less than full rudder…
Running the tank with a felt clunk down to minimum fuel, it’s still very stable at landing
The following users liked this post:
markusvt (10-27-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 10:42 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts

Best balance tip ever Dave!
Old 10-27-2022, 03:35 PM
chevronflyer
My Feedback: (9)

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I am just over 17 lbs taking off full fuel with an older kingtech 60 my CG is at the aft edge of the wing tube and I it flies great. I can also knife edge one end of the sky to the other at 3/4 throttle . Only thing I’m thinking , if it flies this good at 17 lbs with an older motor then it must fly even better with a newer lighter swb60 or equivalent
Old 10-27-2022, 08:52 PM
Dave Wilshere

I built mine expecting a new ‘baby’ turbine release, the World craziness has delayed it coming, but mine will get a lighter unit with a little more power next year…fingers crossed 🤞
Old 10-28-2022, 02:53 AM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
I built mine expecting a new ‘baby’ turbine release, the World craziness has delayed it coming, but mine will get a lighter unit with a little more power next year…fingers crossed 🤞
Is this a new JetCat to replace the older P60?
Old 10-28-2022, 03:29 AM
Bob_B

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
You've let the Cat out of the bag!
Old 10-28-2022, 10:23 AM
Dave Wilshere

I didn’t say anything 😊
Old 10-28-2022, 11:34 AM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

X39? lol can’t wait to hear about it.
Old 10-30-2022, 12:19 PM
grolleman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone made a cover over the nose wheel?
Had the whole turbine full of grass yesterday.
Old 10-30-2022, 01:53 PM
Dave Wilshere

Mine has a curved piece of clear canopy scrap at the rear of the opening. The wheel pushes it up a little when retracted, it stops the loose grass getting into the fuselage
Old 10-30-2022, 01:59 PM
grolleman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It seems very simple. Do you have a photo.
Thank you very much.
You don't want to take off without full power
Old 12-15-2022, 06:20 AM
JP-1

Received 422 Likes on 355 Posts

My Rebel Hot at Abingdon U.K.

Old 12-15-2022, 06:21 AM
JP-1

Received 422 Likes on 355 Posts

My Rebel Hot at Abingdon U.K.

The following 2 users liked this post by JP-1:
markusvt (12-15-2022), paulhat (12-18-2022)
Old 12-17-2022, 11:51 AM
markusvt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good!
Old 01-12-2023, 02:06 PM
Razmo
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,

Nice meeting, a superb thread! Although I hold experience with both fixed (Prop & EDF) including rotary wing over many years. The majority has been electric power. However, I'm looking forward to the turbine plunge .. She'll be my first turbine. I'll be updating my transmitter too. Time to set the beloved JR12X without telemetry to the side. Although I've procured some notes on turbine plumbing. I don't know how reliable they are. More importantly, I have never built one. Hoping for a bit of guidance here and there.

I'm leaning toward the ARF Plus version with the JP Gear, CARF Thrust and Tank. I'll be running an X45 Light Version for now with a MAP UAT, no hopper and a gyro. I suppose plumbing for external hopper if ever needed may be prudent. My aim is a clean, quality build to prevent from error or flame out. After reviewing the thread, very impressed with the knowledge and high quality builds here. Nice work. Some starter questions if you guys can lend a hand..

1) What will I need in plumbing material for the X45 with the MAP UAT? Such as tubing, fittings, festo, shutoff, tie wire, etc? Is the Mini MAP 2oz okay or should I go larger?

2) Any reason I shouldn't use the clunk included with the CARF main tank?

3) I noticed some preferred to upgrade their wiring to the Powerbox Premium Maxi wire. Are you dismantling all servos and soldering new leads to the servos or are we just talking bridge wire between components and extensions?

4) What sort of connection can be used between the fuse and wing root to simplify wing assembly and disassembly?

5) With regard to choosing a new transmitter, thinking either Jeti or Core. I assume either are personal preference and are compatible with other branded gyros, power distribution boxes, brake controller, etc, but any personal recommendations or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Raz
Old 01-12-2023, 03:47 PM
BarracudaHockey

Received 325 Likes on 260 Posts

I fly mine with a Core and love it, its much easier to program and a shorter learning curve than Jeti though both are great radios. The Core/Atom integrates to the Pioneer/Isat Gyro and all the programming is done from the radio and the telemetry is fantasic

Maxi wire just for the extensions.

Powerbox 2 for 1 connectors, 2 of them at the wing root, one for brakes/gear and one for aileron/flap

ARF plus is a good deal, for not much more than the components cost, everything comes installed.
Old 01-12-2023, 04:05 PM
Bob_B

Raz it would be good to get together with an experienced modeler in you area.

They should be able to steer you in the right direction with your many questions.
Old 01-17-2023, 05:04 PM
Razmo

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
I fly mine with a Core and love it, its much easier to program and a shorter learning curve than Jeti though both are great radios. The Core/Atom integrates to the Pioneer/Isat Gyro and all the programming is done from the radio and the telemetry is fantasic

Maxi wire just for the extensions.

Powerbox 2 for 1 connectors, 2 of them at the wing root, one for brakes/gear and one for aileron/flap

ARF plus is a good deal, for not much more than the components cost, everything comes installed.
Appreciate the information. I'm leaning toward the Core or Atom. I did see your other posts on Flying Giants in the 2048 vs 4096 thread. I never much like paying for technology I won't use, but I found your post on CCPM setup interesting and curious if the Core may out perform the Atom here? I fly precision and a long time heli builder and pilot. I know exactly what you're referring to. I'm also familiar with the 9CHP, too funny. I actually still use mine today, for sim only.

Also, I had seen a post on the difference between the Core and Atom, but from a video, I believe there are other differences. I'm thinking of reaching out to Power Box directly for a better publication of all features and distinctions between the two. Can seem to find much on the Power Box website, etc.?

Raz
Old 01-17-2023, 05:22 PM
Razmo

Originally Posted by Bob_B
Raz it would be good to get together with an experienced modeler in you area.

They should be able to steer you in the right direction with your many questions.
Hi Bob, I feel it would be more difficult trying to locate a turbine pilot that would have such answers. I of course will be earning my waiver, but as mentioned. I'm an experienced pilot. I don't feel as if I'm asking a whole lot here. Simply looking to understand what may be needed in plumbing material for this model using the Mini MAP UAT (or larger if suggested). Such as suggested fuel tubing type that will mate with all barbs, festo and shut-off properly, approximate tubing length and a quick breakdown of what I should expect in total components for the plumbing build.

If anyone could shed some light here for me, would greatly appreciate it. And whether or not there is any reason to discard the included main tank clunk as I intend to go ARF Plus.

Thanks,
Raz
Old 01-17-2023, 08:48 PM
AngusMc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

if any one needs a x45 pipe and mounts (tail mount for pipe not included) I have the set for sale, I believe they are from Hab hobbies, I went to a larger engine for grass field take offs.

Angus
Old 01-18-2023, 07:45 AM
BarracudaHockey

Received 325 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Razmo
Appreciate the information. I'm leaning toward the Core or Atom. I did see your other posts on Flying Giants in the 2048 vs 4096 thread. I never much like paying for technology I won't use, but I found your post on CCPM setup interesting and curious if the Core may out perform the Atom here? I fly precision and a long time heli builder and pilot. I know exactly what you're referring to. I'm also familiar with the 9CHP, too funny. I actually still use mine today, for sim only.

Also, I had seen a post on the difference between the Core and Atom, but from a video, I believe there are other differences. I'm thinking of reaching out to Power Box directly for a better publication of all features and distinctions between the two. Can seem to find much on the Power Box website, etc.?

Raz
18 channels vs 26 on the Core
As you mentioned 4096 vs 2048 resolution. I can't tell the difference in feel. (It's worth noting that 2048 is the resolution of most manufactures top end radio offerings)
12 flight modes on the Core, 9 on the Atom
Slightly slower processor but that's hardly noticeable unless you're used to flying through stuff on the Core
The Atom doesn't have the built in GPS sensor.
Old 01-18-2023, 09:21 AM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 102 Likes on 82 Posts

Hi,
For a 45N turbine, the 2oz MAP is good, but I'd use a 4ounce one instead. Tubing for the 45N is 4mm clear poly - the Xicoy X45 comes with enough.
Barbed or Festo fittings work. I use a mix - pump, vent & fill connections are barbed and the turbine is connected with Festo push on connector with a Festo push on valve.
The MAP header tanks are equipped with a good fuel filter, so I do not use an inline one (one less thing to leak).
Safety wire all barbed connections and cut the poly tubing square for push on fittings.
I would not use the stock tank with an X45. Get CM Jets to make you a lightweight 1.2l tank. Carlos can put the fitting you want. A brass clunk will be okay.
The HAB pipe and turbine install kit is the lightest and best set up for a 45N turbine.

The little Rebel is a nice flyer but will not slow down like its bigger brothers - the wing loading is higher and so is the stall speed. If you are careful you can build it light. Mine was more than 6.5kg dry but I think Bob B's version was a kilo lighter. I started with an X45 until I saw one with an 100N in it. Then I swapped to an X90. More fun, for sure.

For the radio system - I like Jeti, it has been proven robust and there are tons of support and videos and many 3rd party sensors. It's all I have used for the past six+ years. Watch a couple of Harry C's videos on Youtube and you can decide if you like they way it is programmed.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by Razmo
Hi Guys,

Nice meeting, a superb thread! Although I hold experience with both fixed (Prop & EDF) including rotary wing over many years. The majority has been electric power. However, I'm looking forward to the turbine plunge .. She'll be my first turbine. I'll be updating my transmitter too. Time to set the beloved JR12X without telemetry to the side. Although I've procured some notes on turbine plumbing. I don't know how reliable they are. More importantly, I have never built one. Hoping for a bit of guidance here and there.

I'm leaning toward the ARF Plus version with the JP Gear, CARF Thrust and Tank. I'll be running an X45 Light Version for now with a MAP UAT, no hopper and a gyro. I suppose plumbing for external hopper if ever needed may be prudent. My aim is a clean, quality build to prevent from error or flame out. After reviewing the thread, very impressed with the knowledge and high quality builds here. Nice work. Some starter questions if you guys can lend a hand..

1) What will I need in plumbing material for the X45 with the MAP UAT? Such as tubing, fittings, festo, shutoff, tie wire, etc? Is the Mini MAP 2oz okay or should I go larger?

2) Any reason I shouldn't use the clunk included with the CARF main tank?

3) I noticed some preferred to upgrade their wiring to the Powerbox Premium Maxi wire. Are you dismantling all servos and soldering new leads to the servos or are we just talking bridge wire between components and extensions?

4) What sort of connection can be used between the fuse and wing root to simplify wing assembly and disassembly?

5) With regard to choosing a new transmitter, thinking either Jeti or Core. I assume either are personal preference and are compatible with other branded gyros, power distribution boxes, brake controller, etc, but any personal recommendations or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Raz

Last edited by jvaliensi; 01-18-2023 at 09:25 AM.
Old 02-04-2023, 06:41 AM
jstras

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dear fellow HOT builders,

to those of you who have decided to install Electron gear, may i kindly ask you to post photos of how you did the mounting of legs, main and nose.
I am just about to install it in mine and wonder how you sorted out some small details.
Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.